PDA

View Full Version : Nevada alternates

rich34
05-06-2012, 09:50 AM
I don't think it's a good idea to be letting Romney have all these slots because the RNC may intervene and select those instead of Ron's. What say?

revned
05-06-2012, 09:57 AM
I would give Romney-establishment absolutely no ground whatsoever. When have they ever given us ground?

sailingaway
05-06-2012, 09:59 AM
My understanding is we don't vote on them separately unless they change those rules if they are able to. Algorres was saying that the highest votes go to delegates and next highest to Romney so it is automatic. Regardless, if they are going to seat someone else, there is no reason they have to confine themselves to an alternate list, granted those people would already be there.

Agorism
05-06-2012, 10:07 AM
The only reason we win alternates sometimes is because the other candidates don't have enough delegate spots bothering to compete for them. I doubt it's because of pity.

rich34
05-06-2012, 10:19 AM
My understanding is we don't vote on them separately unless they change those rules if they are able to. Algorres was saying that the highest votes go to delegates and next highest to Romney so it is automatic. Regardless, if they are going to seat someone else, there is no reason they have to confine themselves to an alternate list, granted those people would already be there.

Ok, that makes me feel better. I could just see the RNC pulling something with that letter and all.

sailingaway
05-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Ok, that makes me feel better. I could just see the RNC pulling something with that letter and all.

they absolutely could try