PDA

View Full Version : Michael Scheuer followed by Trey Grayson on CSPAN

georgiaboy
05-06-2012, 06:45 AM
Washington Journal this morning just hosted Michael Scheuer on the Bin Laden papers just released?, and is about to start interviewing Trey Grayson, Director of Institute of Politics at Harvard, on the youth vote.

funny, both of these guys are well-known on the boards.

Michael, for his steadfast support of Ron Paul's foreign policy, and spot on analysis as former head of the Bin Laden Unit in the CIA.
Trey, for his huge loss to Rand Paul in the Ky Senate GOP primary, even though he was backed by Mitch McConnell and the DC establishment.

The Scheuer vid is worth watching. CSPAN usually posts these on their site.

LibertyEagle
05-06-2012, 07:00 AM
Scheuer was fantastic!!

Miguel
05-06-2012, 07:05 AM
What's the deal with Grayson being on talking about the youth vote? Is he dodging talking about Ron Paul;) This Washington Journal has a wierd Ron Paul theme, The first segment was about 3rd party's a question Ron Paul receives all the time, 2nd segment Micheal Scheuer supports Ron Paul's foreign policy, 3rd segment Youth Vote, which Ron Paul takes the most of

bluesc
05-06-2012, 08:28 AM
What's the deal with Grayson being on talking about the youth vote? Is he dodging talking about Ron Paul;) This Washington Journal has a wierd Ron Paul theme, The first segment was about 3rd party's a question Ron Paul receives all the time, 2nd segment Micheal Scheuer supports Ron Paul's foreign policy, 3rd segment Youth Vote, which Ron Paul takes the most of

The youth vote is probably the 2nd most important voting block in this election, which hasn't been the case before. It makes a nice political environment for Ron.

As for why they interviewed Grayson - He is director of the institute of politics at the most prestigious university in the world. He gets paid in the tens of thousands for a speaking slot anywhere. Why wouldn't they want him on?

Miguel
05-06-2012, 08:39 AM
My take is that Grayson is still upset about Rand beating him in the primary with the help of his dad, Ron Paul does real good with the youth vote, So grayson is there to play down Ron Paul's youth vote with BS numbers. I would not call harvard prestigous

bluesc
05-06-2012, 08:49 AM
I would not call harvard prestigous

Good for you. It still is.

Aratus
05-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Trey Grayson is 40something.
he's twice the age of they who
are "youth vote" so maybe they
wanted a centrist mainstream take.

Bastiat's The Law
05-07-2012, 06:20 AM
Michael Scheuer gave an outstanding interview. You could hear the callers waking up before your eyes! Wish there was a way to capture that interview and post it on youtube.

Sola_Fide
05-07-2012, 06:33 AM
I'm going to go against the grain here a little bit...

Trey Greyson's views on political races around the country lately have been surprisingly pretty good. He does give credit to Ron and Rand (at least I've heard him do so recently).

IDefendThePlatform
05-07-2012, 07:48 AM
Tube? (at least of Scheuer)

trey4sports
05-07-2012, 07:54 AM
trey is much better in his current role than his former one....

Bastiat's The Law
05-07-2012, 08:01 PM
trey is much better in his current role than his former one....
Agreed, but you could see the twinkle in his eye when he was asked if he wanted back into politics. He's chomping at the bit to get on the government dole.

Bastiat's The Law
05-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Here's the link to the Scheuer interview. Can RonPaulFlix put this video on their site?

Michael Scheuer - U.S. Foreign Policy in the Islamic World (http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/305857-3)

echebota
05-08-2012, 12:29 PM
The tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udz5_FdoFGU&feature=fvst

Bastiat's The Law
05-09-2012, 12:16 PM
The tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udz5_FdoFGU&feature=fvst
That's an old video.