PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul backers dominate Iowa GOP nominees for national convention

sailingaway
05-05-2012, 08:36 PM
http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Ron.Paul_.jpeg

The majority of Iowans on the list to go to Tampa for the GOP national convention could be aligned with Ron Paul, a presidential candidate who represents a movement focused on limited government and constitutional principles.

Of the 13 delegates and 13 alternates elected today for the national convention, just one has publicly endorsed Mitt Romney for president – Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad. And just three others publicly supported Rick Santorum, who won the Iowa caucuses but is no longer in the race.

The national delegate slate is far from finalized yet, but if the Paul trend in the Iowa delegation continues, the upshot will be that the Iowa caucuses essentially had three winners: Romney on caucus night, Santorum after the certified vote, and Paul in the delegate count.

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index.php/2012/05/05/committee-nominates-13-iowa-republicans-for-national-convention/

Uriah
05-05-2012, 09:16 PM
OH today was fun. Successful but still have work to do. :D

Titus
05-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Silly question but why did we not get them all?

Uriah
05-05-2012, 09:27 PM

Nothing is won yet.

Look at it this way. You can build bridges or kick them out of the boat.

Highstreet
05-05-2012, 09:32 PM
LInk??

bb23
05-05-2012, 09:34 PM
http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index.php/2012/05/05/committee-nominates-13-iowa-republicans-for-national-convention/

sailingaway
05-05-2012, 09:36 PM

kick out the Governor etc? Let's make friends.

rich34
05-05-2012, 10:37 PM
If given the chance (and they have) would they have a record of making friends with Paul supporters? Just sayin.

Adrock
05-05-2012, 10:57 PM
If given the chance (and they have) would they have a record of making friends with Paul supporters? Just sayin.

I can't say you are wrong. After all we have been through, I can definitely understand the feeling. We all are in it to win it. We have to be better than them though. In this case too, it may be best to extend an olive branch of sorts. Some humility in victory may pay unforeseen dividends in the future.

sailingaway
05-05-2012, 11:12 PM

He refrained from endorsing before the Iowa caucus and said Ron had the best budget. We have to make MORE friends.

rich34
05-05-2012, 11:15 PM
I can't say you are wrong. After all we have been through, I can definitely understand the feeling. We all are in it to win it. We have to be better than them though. In this case too, it may be best to extend an olive branch of sorts. Some humility in victory may pay unforeseen dividends in the future.

I agree. I'd just hate to think that we'll fail to force a second round of voting by one vote. At least that would be my luck. :(

rich34
05-05-2012, 11:18 PM
He refrained from endorsing before the Iowa caucus and said Ron had the best budget. We have to make MORE friends.

Didn't he also say that if Ron won it wouldn't mean anything, (along with a few more things) or am I thinking of someone else?

sailingaway
05-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Didn't he also say that if Ron won it wouldn't mean anything, (along with a few more things) or am I thinking of someone else?

I think politico implied he said that but when you went back to the actual thing he didn't say that. But maybe I'm remembering wrong. I hold a pretty good grudge, though, when it comes to slighting Ron.

Lafayette
05-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Nothing is won yet.

Look at it this way. You can build bridges or kick them out of the boat.

kick out the Governor etc? Let's make friends.

How bout we lure them into the boat then blow the bridge onto it?

rich34
05-06-2012, 08:32 AM
It ain't a big deal, but I'm positive I remember seeing this guy on one of the big networks saying those things. I'm like you are if people talk trash about Ron.

CBC4L
05-06-2012, 10:36 AM
The governor's comments indicated that 2nd and 3rd place were also important. Politico spun it to make it sound like 1st didn't matter if Ron won.