PDA

View Full Version : How to convert my buddie to be a ron paul supporter?

Give me liberty
11-15-2007, 05:34 PM
hey guys i am trying to convert a friend of mine to be ron paul supporter but its been a bit hard.

What vidoes should i use so he can see how great ron paul could be.

He's a rommey supporter, and these are his own words

Well, our economey is 8 trillion dollar debt, our financial security is at an all time low. More and more jobs are going over seas. We need someone who will actually take action and not place tarrifs and taxes

romney is good economics guy

Adamsa
11-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Ron Paul is the best candidate on economics, even his opponents know that.

Economy videos with Ron Paul:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji_G0MqAqq8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=522bNo6hFMw

Goldwater Conservative
11-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Well, our economey is 8 trillion dollar debt, our financial security is at an all time low. More and more jobs are going over seas. We need someone who will actually take action and not place tarrifs and taxes

Ron Paul actually has a record on this. In 10 terms as a congressman, he has never voted to raise taxes, never voted to increase spending, never voted for an unbalanced budget, and has consistently fought for government to return to constitutional levels and areas of taxation and expenditures, which means no income tax and no welfare state. He also even opts out of congressional benefits, and returns part of his office's budget back to the treasury every year.

Mitt Romney has no such record. He may have fiddled with a few tax rates in his only term as governor, but he also supported a massive entitlement program (universal health insurance). He is in no way making his campaign a crusade against big government, the way Paul is. Paul is an unabashed advocate of free markets and limited government.

Paul also talks a lot about monetary policy, which no one else addresses at all despite its strong effect on the economy, especially the middle class. In addition to government regulation, it's a big part of the reason jobs are going overseas... American is losing its competitive edge.

DealzOnWheelz
11-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Not to mention PETER FORBES basically said Ron Paul has the best idea about the economy on how to fix it(ie Gold standard)

and so did Don Luskin

fletcher
11-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Romney wants to continue spending 200 billion dollars a year nation building in the middle east. That means Romney will continue printing money and drastically increasing our debt, devaluing the dollar, or he will have to drastically increase taxes. Take your pick. It all comes back to foreign policy.

me3
11-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Great points herer.

Basically, emphasize the cost of the empire, and how much money could be saved by bringing the troops home.

Then emphasize that Dr. Paul is ultra-principled on taxes, and is not friendly with lobbyists.

Ron Paul in 2008
11-15-2007, 06:22 PM
hey guys i am trying to convert a friend of mine to be ron paul supporter but its been a bit hard.

Some Romney people just will not budge.

Tell him how Romney wants to expand immigration from Latin America, Africa and Asia and he says its good for us economically and culturally. America accepts 800-1 million immigrants a year and over 52 percent are from Latin America. How can someone who says third world immigration is good for the US be qualified for president? Romney also supported raising taxes as governor of Mass:

http://romneyfacts.com/redblue.php