PDA

View Full Version : Note to Campaign HQ: It's time to define Paul's message nationwide BEFORE OTHERS DO

terlinguatx
11-15-2007, 05:08 PM

Beerhall Agitator
11-15-2007, 05:45 PM
I agree, introduce the nation to the real Ron Paul! SPEND THE MONEY!

Geronimo
11-15-2007, 05:49 PM
That makes three of us.

JeffersonThomas
11-15-2007, 05:49 PM
So long as the costs aren't ridiculous, I'll bump and add my support to this idea...

kylejack
11-15-2007, 05:51 PM
I just caught wind that the Anti Defamation League is going to ask the campaign to disavow the racist groups supporting him. They need to hurry and get out in front of this. ADL has a lot of clout, deserved or not.

McDermit
11-15-2007, 05:54 PM
agreed.

Maria
11-15-2007, 05:55 PM
the focus needs to be on getting RP delegates. i'm hoping the campaign is working hard on getting that.

walt
11-15-2007, 05:55 PM
It's hard to attack someone with negative information if the first information about the brand is overwhelmingly positive - true.

LibertyEagle
11-15-2007, 05:56 PM
I just caught wind that the Anti Defamation League is going to ask the campaign to disavow the racist groups supporting him. They need to hurry and get out in front of this. ADL has a lot of clout, deserved or not.

Pot, k ....

Oh nevermind.

ShowMeLiberty
11-15-2007, 05:56 PM
I Agree.

Especially considering how it seems like everytime you turn around one of the other candidates is suddenly "borrowing" Ron Paul's ideas on one issue or another. People need to know who said it first!

Voice
11-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Advertise!

Ron Paul Fan
11-15-2007, 06:01 PM
I strongly disagree. The campaign is doing a great job. They know full well what they're doing and everytime people have doubted Ron Paul, he's came through and just look where he's at now. People on here bashed him for not wasting money on the Iowa straw poll, they bashed him for not taking matching funds, they bashed him when the 1st NH TV ad came out, and they even bashed him for wiping his nose too much at the Philly rally. I stood by him and defended him every time and we seem to be the only ones left standing.

coboman
11-15-2007, 06:02 PM
PLEASE read this article (http://www.nolanchart.com/article274.html), where it is discussed in length why these 30 second spots are a waste of money.

Ron Paul's message needs time to be appreciated, the money would be much better used in 30 MINUTES infomercials.

Check this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=37262), where a company is already trying to pitch this.

5 or 10 second spots could be used for name recognition, and to entice people to watch the infomercial. ( like : "Who is the man that raised more than 4 millions in one day. Who is Ron Paul? Find out in the infomercial that will air at xx time")

Lord Xar
11-15-2007, 06:03 PM

yes. I agree. If he doesn't, the shit will hit the fan.

me3
11-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Here's my take on disavowing groups.

Paul needs to disavow hatred, bigotry and collectivism.

He doesn't need to single out groups. It's the opposite of what he is running for.

Like white supremacists, truthers or religious fanatics or not, they are Americans and have the right to organize into groups, to free speech etc. They also have the right to participate and support any candidate they choose.

I don't approve of some things, but I have to admit I would be let down by Dr. Paul if he started turning away from these groups. It sends a dangerous message that he isn't for everyone, just the ones with the most clout to censor others.

General Paul
11-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Paul should stay patient and focus on widening his base of true believers and supporters of his message. He should only take his message to the mainstream once he has a solidified base of supporters that can actually generate serious, mainstream interest in Paul without the use of clever little fundraising ploys. Ron Paul is taking the right approach to his campaign for now, though.

terlinguatx
11-15-2007, 06:19 PM

terlinguatx
11-15-2007, 06:21 PM

terlinguatx
11-15-2007, 06:22 PM

General Paul
11-15-2007, 06:50 PM
How can you support someone if you haven't heard their message
You advertise, but he will continue to be played off as a "crazy" if he overaggressively advertises before buildling a strong, credible, and solidified base that can take on the the mainstream oppossition. He is advertising right now mostly out of the sight of the mainstream audience, like he should be doing. I know he needs exposure, and I know that some people believe that any exposure is good exposure, but if he propels his advertisements into the mainstream right now, you know he will get thrashed by the likes of Hannity, etc....Paul needs to remain patient.

Indy Vidual
11-15-2007, 06:55 PM

Bad news indeed.
We had a thread today about the KKK guy.

Quick Summary:

Free speech includes freedom for people you do not agree with.
Don't expect Ron to give money back or 'be responsible' for the views of individual supporters.

Hope for good news, be prepared for the worst.

terlinguatx
11-15-2007, 06:56 PM

Beerhall Agitator
11-15-2007, 08:19 PM
The campaign has done an amazing job! I've been opposed to much of the criticism, and supportive of them 99% of the time. However, I believe in open discourse, and belive strongly in what I wrote earlier.

I think the campaign has more money than than they know what to do with, because they haven't experienced such fundraising success in the past -- and it's been 20 years since Paul ran a national campaign in the mainstream. I'm worried that they want to save all the money until it's too late, so they can report having the most money on hand when FEC q4 reports are due on JANUARTY 15th -- after the first primaries! And after the national pundits have been attacking him and his supporters below the belt, across the country for months! The more money we spend now the more we counter theses attacks, and the more supporters we get, which leads to more donations and more delegates!

I don't think they'll hold it all to report the most cash on hand after their primaries, but I agree with your sense of urgency. They need to start spending the millions while staying quick and nimble.

ronpaulyourmom
11-15-2007, 09:24 PM
I agree spending must increase, but instead of expanding spending nationwide, we should be expanding the reach and scope of the advertising campaigns in the early states. Ron needs to reach out to non-traditional venues with his ads and he needs to throw in some 60-second television spots. I also think the infomercial thing is a good concept.

Ron Paul Fan
11-15-2007, 09:29 PM
The campaign has done an amazing job! I've been opposed to much of the criticism, and supportive of them 99% of the time. However, I believe in open discourse, and belive strongly in what I wrote earlier.

I think the campaign has more money than than they know what to do with, because they haven't experienced such fundraising success in the past -- and it's been 20 years since Paul ran a national campaign in the mainstream. I'm worried that they want to save all the money until it's too late, so they can report having the most money on hand when FEC q4 reports are due on JANUARTY 15th -- after the first primaries! And after the national pundits have been attacking him and his supporters below the belt, across the country for months! The more money we spend now the more we counter theses attacks, and the more supporters we get, which leads to more donations and more delegates!

You should have stopped after your first sentence. The campaign knows what to do with the money and they aren't idiots. Ron Paul knows how to win elections. Has anyone here ever won a Congressional election? How about 10 times and 3 as a non-incumbent? Anyone? Has anyone here ran a Presidential campaign before? Anyone? Has anyone here even held a political office of any kind? Exactly. They're not just going to sit on the money until the end and then go on a shopping spree at Best Buy. The campaign is doing fine and we should unite with them instead of looking for excuses to criticize them.

nullvalu
11-15-2007, 09:33 PM

Where did you hear this? I just searched ADL's website.. didn't find much.. but did find this on their site...

However, two members long antagonistic toward Israel, Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-GA) and Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), made harshly critical statements about Israel’s activities. McKinney alleged “massive devastation” in Jenin and called for House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee hearings on the treatment of international relief organizations in the territories. Paul alleged, in a broadly anti-Israel statement in the Congressional Record, that the United States was “forced, by domestic politics here at home, to support Israel at all costs….”

I don't see how that's "broadly anti-Israel".. to me, it's broadly noninterventionist.. which is something he preaches about all foreign nations.. so anyways, it seems like the ADL may already have it out for Dr. Paul....

terlinguatx
11-20-2007, 10:48 AM

Jimmy
11-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Speed kills in politics. I respect Paul's caution about spending, but by now I think we've shown our fundraising prowess. We aren't poor. We had $5 million on hand at the end of Q3 and we've raised $8 Million so far this quarter, and it's not a far stretch to believe we'll raise at least another $8 million by the end of the quarter (I wouldn't be surprised if we hit our $10 million teaparty moneybomb target).

As far as expenditures go, we've spent $1 million on television ads, we've spent about $1 million on radio ads and mailers, and we've spent about $1 million on staff and travel. So we have at least $10 million on hand, with probably another $8 - $10 million coming in by the end of the quarter. Now is the time to spend at least $8 milllion on nationwide ads!

Paul's biggest problem is name recognition, and I respect the grassroots efforts to get single day single newspaper ads, but much more needs to be done. We've been donating fortunes to the campaign for a reason. HQ needs to target all the big cities in the four biggest states with Paul radio and newspaper ads. Hire a professional ad agency, media counsultants, and speechwriters, and lets get the ball rolling. Make the ads edgy, clever, humorous, or endearing. But most of all just raise Paul's awareness, which is pitifully low.

New York: All media outlets are here, so any money spent will draw double its costs in attention value from all of them. Plus there are so many people! Talk about Paul's antiwar stance, his opposition to the patriot act, and maybe even throw in some humour to create buzz. Talk about Paul's thrashing of Bernanke, his opposition to inflation and SEC regulations like SARB-OX that are driving corporations over seas.

California: Another state with a high population density. Target the big markets and appeal to the people's libertarian strains in these areas. Talk about Paul's opposotion to the war and patriot act from day one ,when he voted against both, and talk about his desire to end the war immediately. Also talk about his economic platform and belief that the federal government should not attack medical marijuana use.

Texas: This is Paul's home turf and he needs to defend it. Additionaly it's the second largest state in terms of population (and land area). Our syncophantic governor has already sold out to the neocons, cus he wants to be vice president, and has endorsed Rudy. But the people are still behind Paul. Start airing ads talking about Paul's limited government stance, his pro-gun support, his stance against Roe v. Wade, and his history as a Texan. These ads don't need to be all doom and gloom focus on Paul's personal history as well. Let people know he's the only true conservative, and a highly principalled one at that.

Florida: This state is like a mix of Cali and Texas. I say air a mix of the two ads depending on the market (liberal in miami, conservative in panhandle). We need to define Paul's positions here before our enemies do. Furthermore, a big debate is being held here on Nov. 28th so we need to pick up some more supporters in the area.

New Hampshire, Iowa, South Carolina, and Nevada (primary states): Keep up the advertising here, as you've been doing. Get more mailers out to other states besides New Hampshire though, and additionally start focussing on Michigan -- it's an early primary and we have a lot of support there.

Let's seal the deal!

Every dollar we spend in advertising will come back TWO-FOLD in donations!

Don't let our opponent define Paul's platform, get his true message out FIRST!

Less than TWO MONTHS until the primaries, you've gotta spend the money sometime before then!

Totally agree....

K1RBY
11-20-2007, 10:55 AM
yes, please spend spend spend.
we MUST have more name recognition.

only more donations are to come...- but if we dont rock in early primaries, i think donations will dry up.

bulloncoins
11-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Speed kills in politics. I respect Paul's caution about spending, but by now I think we've shown our fundraising prowess. We aren't poor. We had $5 million on hand at the end of Q3 and we've raised $8 Million so far this quarter, and it's not a far stretch to believe we'll raise at least another $8 million by the end of the quarter (I wouldn't be surprised if we hit our $10 million teaparty moneybomb target).

As far as expenditures go, we've spent $1 million on television ads, we've spent about $1 million on radio ads and mailers, and we've spent about $1 million on staff and travel. So we have at least $10 million on hand, with probably another $8 - $10 million coming in by the end of the quarter. Now is the time to spend at least $8 milllion on nationwide ads!

Paul's biggest problem is name recognition, and I respect the grassroots efforts to get single day single newspaper ads, but much more needs to be done. We've been donating fortunes to the campaign for a reason. HQ needs to target all the big cities in the four biggest states with Paul radio and newspaper ads. Hire a professional ad agency, media counsultants, and speechwriters, and lets get the ball rolling. Make the ads edgy, clever, humorous, or endearing. But most of all just raise Paul's awareness, which is pitifully low.

New York: All media outlets are here, so any money spent will draw double its costs in attention value from all of them. Plus there are so many people! Talk about Paul's antiwar stance, his opposition to the patriot act, and maybe even throw in some humour to create buzz. Talk about Paul's thrashing of Bernanke, his opposition to inflation and SEC regulations like SARB-OX that are driving corporations over seas.

California: Another state with a high population density. Target the big markets and appeal to the people's libertarian strains in these areas. Talk about Paul's opposotion to the war and patriot act from day one ,when he voted against both, and talk about his desire to end the war immediately. Also talk about his economic platform and belief that the federal government should not attack medical marijuana use.

Texas: This is Paul's home turf and he needs to defend it. Additionaly it's the second largest state in terms of population (and land area). Our syncophantic governor has already sold out to the neocons, cus he wants to be vice president, and has endorsed Rudy. But the people are still behind Paul. Start airing ads talking about Paul's limited government stance, his pro-gun support, his stance against Roe v. Wade, and his history as a Texan. These ads don't need to be all doom and gloom focus on Paul's personal history as well. Let people know he's the only true conservative, and a highly principalled one at that.

Florida: This state is like a mix of Cali and Texas. I say air a mix of the two ads depending on the market (liberal in miami, conservative in panhandle). We need to define Paul's positions here before our enemies do. Furthermore, a big debate is being held here on Nov. 28th so we need to pick up some more supporters in the area.

New Hampshire, Iowa, South Carolina, and Nevada (primary states): Keep up the advertising here, as you've been doing. Get more mailers out to other states besides New Hampshire though, and additionally start focussing on Michigan -- it's an early primary and we have a lot of support there.

Let's seal the deal!

Every dollar we spend in advertising will come back TWO-FOLD in donations!

Don't let our opponent define Paul's platform, get his true message out FIRST!

Less than TWO MONTHS until the primaries, you've gotta spend the money sometime before then!

I agree 100%. You have described Texas and Florida as one who has been there and knows what you are talking about. We have started to sign wave and slim jim or selves to death in the larger cities....it is past time for the campaign to move in. The other candidates ads are hitting here (Houston) already, but not Dr. Paul's.

The pool of undecided voters is starting to shrink...Dr. Paul seems to be coming too late to the party here....well dressed as he may be.

stevedasbach
11-20-2007, 11:27 AM
First run lots of ads in the early states to boost poll numbers, generate more positive media coverage, and increase the likelihood of victory. [The campaign is already doing this]

Then run national ads (which are much cheaper per thousand viewer/listeners than local ads) to boost national poll numbers and define Dr. Paul before the attacks can take hold. [They can start this after Dec 16th -- no other campaigns are likely to be buying national ad time yet and the real attacks won't start until it starts looking like Paul might place in Iowa and win New Hampshire]

terlinguatx
11-20-2007, 01:02 PM

Highstreet
11-20-2007, 01:41 PM
hmm, the campaign director said the october goal was 3 million, the november goal 4 million, and the december goal 5 million. Looks like we have already met these, now they're sending emails changing things. They've been doing a great job, but I think they should have a little more faith in us. They have the money on hand to do everything they need to do right now ($10 million), they're just being to cautious about spending more than half of it it seems like. Have faith in the tea party. Also maybe it's time to start advertising in the bigger states to increase awareness and bring in more donors.

Good call.

More Ads = More Donors now, and on the Boston tea Party.

Also email all your friends and family with his positions and growing popularity.

Phenom24
11-20-2007, 01:56 PM
I agree with the original poster. I spoke to someone this weekend from my church, and here I have a bumper sticker, my Mom, my brother, my friend, my Uncle...

He had never heard of RP? Had he not seen any of the bumper stickers?

Seriously, the ads do not have to be reactionary - but informational!!!

Can we all admit there there HAVE to be more alpha-Pauler types (whoever it was that coined that, I love it) out there that would rabidly defend, contribute, etc? If we wait until the last minute to attract these people - we are wasting time. The financial folks are already on board as they know RON PAUL IS THE ONLY HOPE FOR THE ECONOMY. Peter Schiff, etc... Ron could do an ad in Barron's, the WSJ, Forbes, etc. saying "Who does (Insert financial person here, like Schiff) support for President?" And have a bunch of quotes from Dr. P grilling Bernanke...

There have to be avenues out there that would bear fruit - I just don't want to lose people to the Huckster, which seems to be happening more often than not these days.

noztnac
11-21-2007, 06:52 PM
You have to spend money to make money. They need to be bold and spend what we've given them. It will yield high returns.

Geronimo
11-21-2007, 07:41 PM
I think they oughta throw down for at least one billboard in NH.

terlinguatx
01-26-2008, 08:15 PM

FSP-Rebel
01-26-2008, 08:21 PM
National is gonna do what Ron has planned, it's up to us to target areas we think are important. We need to start helping out these meetups with financial support, especially people in the past primary states.

nbhadja
01-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Actually Miami votes republican a lot because Cubans vote republicans usually.