PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone here an Oathkeeper (thinking about joining)?

Nirvikalpa
05-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Didn't know if this would be better here or under the Constitution sub-forum. Others mods can move as they wish.

Here's the basic rundown: I have been thinking of joining the Oathkeepers. I have been a NJ state certified EMT-B for the past year and a half, and I volunteer for my city's non-profit Ambulance corp. I do take my oath to serve my patients the best I can seriously.

My main question is... is it worth joining as an EMT-B (perhaps in a year or two, P)? Are there EMT's who do join, or is it mostly police/fire?

I'm wondering if it's worth it to join and pay $40 for a yearly membership (especially since I don't really have the money), or if it's something that I can agree to the tenants of what they stand for, but there's no need to really join?

Thanks guys.

Anti Federalist
05-04-2012, 12:43 PM
I cannot say enough good things about OKs and Stewart Rhodes, personally.

Everybody should join or support this orginzation, IMO, regardless of job status.

muzzled dogg
05-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Didn't know if this would be better here or under the Constitution sub-forum. Others mods can move as they wish.

Here's the basic rundown: I have been thinking of joining the Oathkeepers. I have been a NJ state certified EMT-B for the past year and a half, and I volunteer for my city's non-profit Ambulance corp. I do take my oath to serve my patients the best I can seriously.

My main question is... is it worth joining as an EMT-B (perhaps in a year or two, P)? Are there EMT's who do join, or is it mostly police/fire?

I'm wondering if it's worth it to join and pay $40 for a yearly membership (especially since I don't really have the money), or if it's something that I can agree to the tenants of what they stand for, but there's no need to really join?

Thanks guys.

maybe it's different in other places but the paid membership doesn't get you anything but peace of mind that stewart can speand your money to spread the word

there are no active meetings up here where police and/or fire get together with or without EMT's. the membership doesn't really facilitate that sort of networking either. they have a forum that i think you can join for free but last i checked it's a ghost town.

if you're broke i'd say hold on to your money. check out the forum if you want. once you can afford it get the life membership to get the goodies.

azxd
05-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Chech this out !!
http://cspoa.org/images/Brass Eagle Logo 417.png

http://cspoa.org/index.php

It's a great group to be supporting.

Nateman15
05-06-2012, 10:07 PM
OathKeeper here.

United States Air Force

oyarde
05-06-2012, 10:27 PM
If you want , go ahead . Nothing in it for you . Where I live mostly comprised of older gentlemen , who still , live , on or above the radar , so to speak.

GunnyFreedom
05-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Founding member here. OK doing good things. NC liable to have an anti NDAA resolution passed in the House because of the OK's. Worth it to me.

oyarde
05-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Founding member here. OK doing good things. NC liable to have an anti NDAA resolution passed in the House because of the OK's. Worth it to me. Absolutely correct , but you , and I are not working at a charity ambul. service , she is probably a skinny youngster that ought to spend it on groceries . God Bless you and keep up the good work !

Pericles
05-07-2012, 09:29 AM
Absolutely correct , but you , and I are not working at a charity ambul. service , she is probably a skinny youngster that ought to spend it on groceries . God Bless you and keep up the good work !

That ^ I've been a member for a couple of years. For you, it would primarily be a networking opportunity with some like minded people. The organization needs more people with connections into the military and law enforcement community to spread the word.

If nothing else, it is a highly effective PSYOP.