PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye NDAA, PATRIOT Act, Federal Reserve Act and Wars if Paul Wins Presidency

sailingaway
05-04-2012, 10:48 AM
http://www.opednews.com/populum/uploaded/rp10-49075-20120503-65.jpg

http://www.opednews.com/populum/uploaded/rp16-49075-20120503-71.jpg
http://www.opednews.com/populum/printer_friendly.php?content=a&id=149793

jbauer
05-04-2012, 10:52 AM
The problem with this, is I lived in MN when Ventura was elected. He ran on the need for major political reform. He wasn't able to accompish much of anything because the D's and R's wouldn't let him. He went CRAZY.

I'd love for Paul to be able to stop all of this, but realisticly stopping all of it is improbable at best.

RickyJ
05-04-2012, 11:04 AM
The problem with this, is I lived in MN when Ventura was elected. He ran on the need for major political reform. He wasn't able to accompish much of anything because the D's and R's wouldn't let him. He went CRAZY.

I'd love for Paul to be able to stop all of this, but realisticly stopping all of it is improbable at best.

He can stop the undeclared wars as president and has a good chance of being able to end the NDAA and the Patriot Act as well. Ending the Fed would be tougher due to the fact that instant change from a Fed dollar to a US dollar would cause economic problems around the world. He will probably just allow the Fed to remain while having a competing currency backed by gold and silver and printed by the treasury.

If all Paul can do is stop the wars as president then it would be a great victory. These wars are senseless and are only going to lead to WW3.

unknown
05-04-2012, 11:35 AM

But he has the "bully pulpit". The office of the POTUS allows him to make his pleas directly to the people who in turn would need to put pressure on our Reps as we did with the first banker bailout under Bush when the Bill was initially defeated.

The POTUS also submits the budget. So we would be guaranteed that Ron Paul is not going to sign anything other than that which he has already stated.

liberalnurse
05-04-2012, 12:01 PM
:cool:
Ruth Hull. Submitters Bio: The author is the chairman of a liberal Democratic club that is working to move the Democratic Party towards it's true base, the people. She has organized major political events and helped elect some of the most liberal politicians in America. Her career has included work as a criminal defense attorney, a licensed private investigator, an educator and a writer.

VBRonPaulFan
05-04-2012, 12:03 PM
He can stop the undeclared wars as president and has a good chance of being able to end the NDAA and the Patriot Act as well. Ending the Fed would be tougher due to the fact that instant change from a Fed dollar to a US dollar would cause economic problems around the world. He will probably just allow the Fed to remain while having a competing currency backed by gold and silver and printed by the treasury.

If all Paul can do is stop the wars as president then it would be a great victory. These wars are senseless and are only going to lead to WW3.

To be fair, he's never said he would just end the fed directly. He'd allow for the competition of currencies and cut back on government spending and the rest would work itself out.

DonovanJames
05-04-2012, 01:33 PM
:cool:
Ruth Hull. Submitters Bio: The author is the chairman of a liberal Democratic club that is working to move the Democratic Party towards it's true base, the people. She has organized major political events and helped elect some of the most liberal politicians in America. Her career has included work as a criminal defense attorney, a licensed private investigator, an educator and a writer.

Beat me to it!

PatriotOne
05-04-2012, 02:08 PM

Your right. Paul wouldn't but his army would. Seriously. Can you imagine Paul being in the position to speak honestly and directly to the people and have his "army" taking it directly to their representatives? They wouldn't know what hit them. The pressure would be intense.

jbauer
05-04-2012, 02:35 PM
not saying it wouldn't. Just saying that the closest political experiment in modern USA history failed miserably. Changing 320 millon peoples minds is tough!!!

Voluntary Man
05-04-2012, 03:06 PM

what President Paul can do, all by himself, without any help from congress or the courts:

1. recall all troups currently deployed oversees.

2. issue an executive order, repealing all unconstitutional executive orders.

3. order the IRS, TSA, DEA, NSA, CIA, DoE, DHS, CPS, and BATF to stand down.

4. appoint Mel Gibson ambassador to israel (just for fun)

5. appoint Pat Buchanan ambassador to the UN.

Voluntary Man
05-04-2012, 03:08 PM

what President Paul can do, all by himself, without any help from congress or the courts:

1. recall all troops currently deployed overseas, stand them shoulder-to-shoulder on the mexican border, and point them south.

2. issue an executive order, repealing all unconstitutional executive orders.

3. order the IRS, TSA, DEA, NSA, CIA, DoE, DHS, CPS, and BATF to stand down.

5. appoint Pat Buchanan ambassador to the UN.

PatriotOne
05-04-2012, 08:43 PM

Hahahahahahha...+rep for making me LMAO!

muh_roads
05-04-2012, 08:52 PM

I just want a president that vetoes bills. That is all I am hoping for. Ending the foreign wars and eliminating executive orders would just be icing on the cake.