PDA

View Full Version : A Decade of War — for What? -Pat Buchanan

stu2002
05-04-2012, 07:12 AM
“My fellow Americans, we have traveled through more than a decade under the dark cloud of war,” said Barack Obama from Bagram Air Base.

“Here in the predawn darkness, we can see the light of a new day on the horizon. The Iraq War is over. The number of troops in harm’s way has been cut in half, and more will be coming home. … The time of war began in Afghanistan, and this is where it will end.”

Interesting comment, that last.

If “the time of war” is at an end, does that rule out U.S. military action in Syria or war on Iran?

Setting aside the 14,000-mile round trip to Afghanistan to do an end zone dance on the anniversary of Seal Team Six’s dispatch of Osama bin Laden, Obama seems to have boxed in his Republican rivals.

His assurance that our wars are ending and our troops are coming home reflects the national will. And his partnership agreement with President Hamid Karzai and pledge that a U.S. force will remain to train the Afghan army and prevent al-Qaida’s return inoculates him against the charge that he is cutting and running.

Yet the New York Times was disappointed.

http://goo.gl/ktm3i

stu2002
05-04-2012, 08:34 AM
If we had to do it all over again, would we?

oyarde
05-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Over 380 US dead in the past year , for what ??

oyarde
05-04-2012, 09:25 AM
How many trillions has Iraq and Afghanistan cost ? Maybe three trillion ?

stu2002
05-04-2012, 10:10 AM
How many trillions has Iraq and Afghanistan cost ? Maybe three trillion ?

But deficits don't matter;)

kcchiefs6465
05-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Yes, unfortunately we would.

wizardwatson
05-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Over 380 US dead in the past year , for what ??

For our freedom of course. And what about all the dead on the other side? Oh, that's right, we "don't do body counts".

Myles
05-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Buchanan was baptized into the Roman Catholic Church and attended Blessed Sacrament School, the Jesuit-run Gonzaga College High School, and Georgetown University.

Buchanan was a senior adviser to American presidents Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, and Ronald Reagan, and was an original host on CNN's Crossfire.

He sought the Republican presidential nomination in 1992 and 1996. He ran on the Reform Party ticket in the 2000 presidential election.

Buchanan is a member of the traditionalist movement within Roman Catholicism, attending the Tridentine Mass in the Latin language at Saint Mary, Mother of God Church in Washington, D.C. on Sundays and holy days.

Pat Buchanan's Connection to OSS/CIA Officer Thomas Braden (Father of Project Mockingbird)

Did you know that GCN the network which carries Alex Jones and Jeff Rense is an ABC affiliate? Yes, ABC as in the Disney-owned American Broadcasting Corporation the epitome of mainstream corporate media and home of propagandists such as Peter Jennings. It is well known that the CIA have been allowed by our past Presidents and members of the congress to operate through our News sources and media and do mind control experimentation on the public (Operation Mockingbird, MK ULTRA)

these people who have worked through our mainstream media, I believe, have infiltrated the alternative media. Media is their most important asset.

The following quote appears right in an article on Alex Jones' "prisonplanet.com" Web Site:

"Mockingbird was an immense financial undertaking with funds flowing from the CIA largely through the Congress for Cultural Freedom (CCF) founded by Tom Braden with Pat Buchanan of CNN's Crossfire."

http://www.prisonplanet.com/analysis_louise_01_03_03_mockingbird.html

Here you can see the article stating that Pat Buchanan was involved in this CIA working through the media RIGHT ON PRISONPLANET.COM!

(Interesting point I'd like to make, In this article on prisonplanet.com, Buchanan's name is misspelled as "Buchanon". Click this link to see screen shot from prisonplanet. Seems Like a simple mistake right? But think about it, Not one web search for "Pat Buchanan" will ever render this article tying Alex Jones, Pat Buchanan, Thomas Braden, Mockingbird and the CIA together!)

In other words Jones has a known CIA asset who was Jesuit trained and is a knight of Malta regularly on his show. Are you starting to maybe see why Jones won’t talk about this, and sidelines this Vatican issue? Can you see a problem here? Being that Pat Buchanan was a player in the CIA playing mind control games on America through the Media and Alex Jones has him on his “Alternative Media” Program. Are you THAT sound asleep people? Don't you see it's probable then that the CIA may be working through the Alex Jones Radio program and Web site? And Jones may even be on their payroll?

In the article it even says, "... the CIA began a secret project called Operation Mockingbird, with the intent of ... Media assets will eventually include ABC, NBC, CBS, Time, Newsweek, ..." and don't forget that GCN is an ABC affiliate. Does Jones expect us to be lazy and not connect the dots?

Remember, it was The OSS/CIA who worked with the Nazi war criminals right after WWII and helped them escape war crime tribunals and brought them into the CIA via operation paperclip. As also the Vatican helped the Nazis to escape being punished through the Vatican ratlines.

So here we have a Jesuit Creation (The OSS/CIA) working together with the Vatican and Jesuits during the most horrible inquisition ("holocaust") the world has ever known.

http://www.spirituallysmart.com/buchanan.html

COpatriot
05-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Don't agree with him on everything, but Pat is one of the few people left on the right that I have any respect for.

oyarde
05-05-2012, 12:30 AM
For our freedom of course. And what about all the dead on the other side? Oh, that's right, we "don't do body counts". If I knew that number , I would include it also , but the question , the question of Why ? , by me would not be different...

BlackTerrel
05-05-2012, 04:58 PM
We gained nothing and lost a lot of good people and resources... that is the answer.

bread and circuses
05-05-2012, 05:01 PM

"We" would; see my signature.

ExPatPaki
05-05-2012, 10:40 PM
The answer to Pat's question can be found by asking this brave American soldier, fighting for our freedoms:

Making Taliban (http://www.antiwar.com/blog/2012/04/03/making-taliban/)

Via Malou Innocent, embedded journalist Neil Shea writes in The American Scholar about the mistreatment perpetrated on Afghans by U.S. soldiers, which the media (including himself, he admits) never include in the war coverage. From shooting valuable animals and pets to demolishing a family’s house and physically abusing civilians, Shea wonders how many “Taliban” were created as a response to this treatment.

Many times I have watched soldiers or Marines, driven by boredom or fear, behave selfishly and meanly, even illegally, in minor ways. In a few searing moments I have wondered what would come next, what the men would do to prisoners or civilians or suspected insurgents.

…The soldiers of Destroyer talked about how their house searches had become demolition parties. They shattered windows and china, broke furniture, hurled civilians to the ground. Earlier that day, they had blown up a building.

In reference to an Afghan prisoner:

“I think he remembers we were the ones who fucked him up last night,” the soldier said to Givens. “I think he’s starin’ at you.”

“Fuck him,” Givens said. “The only reason he’s still alive is because the United States of America holds 25 to life over my head.”

…”Yeah, we definitely made some Taliban out here,” he said. “It was like a week-long Taliban recruiting drive. And we had fun doing it. I love recruiting for the Taliban. It’s called job security.”

Pat, we are there to create more Taliban.

Victor Grey
05-05-2012, 11:22 PM
For what?

For some people to make money. While the "brave patriotic" majority of people shake in their boots *er, I mean steadfastly stand against the mighty third worlder foe and their unending angry quest toward perhaps someday having electricity, or indoor plumbing.

Nothing can stop the unstoppable foreign dirtfarmers with their peculiar foreign religion. But somehow, we must make due with our humble drones, tiny treasury, and primitive military vehicles. Lest our formidable enemy overtake us all.

What's more, every time we barely manage to evade defeat at the hands of our seasoned superior foe, and we finally gain the upper hand from them overtaking us all with neverending might, they seem to always come up with invisible superweapons of doom. To which we must respond, or be utterly defeated.
Twice this has happend, but thankfully, our media always alerts us to recognize this clear danger.

Veteran Citizen
05-06-2012, 07:55 AM
For what? To make a pile of dead JIhadists.