PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Can Build THE Army.

StudentBarrister
11-15-2007, 04:47 PM
All right folks, I haven't posted any of my ideas for the campaign yet, but I think this is a good'nuff one to break the ice.

Ron Paul has received a lot of monetary support from military members, both current and ex if I understand correctly.

Ron Paul is popular with, let's face it, young males.

On the other side, military recruiting is doing horribly in the U.S. and the retention rate, from what i understand, is bad.

I am a 25 year old about to start a career and could never imagine serving in the military my grandfather once served in. But if it were under Ron Paul, I might consider it!

Here's the idea part: Could, like the money pledge system that has been so successful, have a 'join the military' if R.P. wins pledge. Not legally binding of course, but people could put their names.

I bet that a lot of ex-military who failed to re-enlist would sign up and that would generate press.

Your thoughts please? Be kind to a real amateur revolutionary.

RPFTW!
11-15-2007, 04:52 PM
I would have joined the military if they didn't treat you like expendable pawns. All of the depleted uranium and all the crap they shoot you up with and the radiation testing and the war etc has been a huge turn off though.

I would join if Ron were president and he got rid of all these corrupt generals though.

Goldwater Conservative
11-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Hell, I'd sign up... although I'd prefer it if I could just grab a gun on my own and be considered part of a state militia instead. :)

StudentBarrister
11-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Don't mention the words Ron Paul and Militia (whoops) in the same sentence. I'm sure that is in the list of NSA trigger terms.

American
11-15-2007, 05:11 PM
We could never organize, but the DC snipers seemed to be pretty effective......:eek:

im kidding

StudentBarrister
11-15-2007, 05:14 PM
All right, appreciated for :) value. but I fear that I accidentally set this thread off the tracks.

So, legit idea with the recruitment commitments? worth trying? worth doing?

DealzOnWheelz
11-15-2007, 05:42 PM
I am part of the Ron Paul Army and would not hesitate to enlist under

The President of the United States of America RON PAUL

DealzOnWheelz
11-15-2007, 05:43 PM
i'll setup a poll

Furis
11-15-2007, 05:47 PM
I advise against where this is going....... considering we were called terrorists the other day.

MO4RonPaul
11-15-2007, 05:48 PM
I advise against where this is going....... considering we were called terrorists the other day.

+1

Visual
11-15-2007, 05:53 PM
I can't help but think about Dumbledore's Army when I was reading all these posts...

from a PR view, it would be bad. As posted, last thing we need is a bunch of spambot terrorists willingly choosing to join/create an army. Yeeaaahhh.... not such a good idea.

The military, moreso the civilians in charge, uses most people as cannon fodder and I wouldn't willingly join that. Mabye when everything becomes remote... but that wont be for another 20 years atleast...

DealzOnWheelz
11-15-2007, 05:53 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=37513

vote here

libertarian4321
11-15-2007, 06:11 PM
I would have joined the military if they didn't treat you like expendable pawns. All of the depleted uranium and all the crap they shoot you up with and the radiation testing and the war etc has been a huge turn off though.

I would join if Ron were president and he got rid of all these corrupt generals though.

The idea is to shoot the DU rounds at the other guys, not at our guys...