PDA

View Full Version : IN - Cop shoots family dog after home burns down.

Anti Federalist
05-03-2012, 05:39 PM
The important point to take away from all this is the action of the cop.

Yelling, cursing and refusing to even listen, as he shoots first and asks questions later.

Same MO as the cop that shot Cisco the dog.

Never call the cops, ever.

Family dog shot by police in Hammond

May 3, 2012 (HAMMOND, Ind.) (WLS) -- A Hammond, Indiana, family is reeling.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local/indiana&id=8647307

First, their home was destroyed by fire. They did not have insurance. Then an apparent misunderstanding led to a police officer shooting the family dog.

On April 15, the McCullough family lost their home in a fire, leaving them homeless. They have been staying elsewhere but would return to their home to feed their dog "Angel" and the 11 puppies she gave birth to last week. Wednesday morning, the family was in their home when Hammond Police arrived.

Louis McCullough said police were screaming so Angel started to bark. "She ran toward (the officer)," McCullough said. McCullough said he told the dog to stop. "She stopped to turn and look at me and he shot her in the back."

Hammond Police Chief Brian Miller says the police went to the home after a complaint about prowlers.

"Regrettably, one of our police officers did shoot their dog," said Miller. "The dog got out from a corner and came towards him, and he says the dog lunged at him, and he blocked the dog with his knee, and he fired one shot."

"(The officer) was screaming and cursing at us from the time we interacted," said Chanel McCullough. "He didn't even give us a chance to explain."

(The killing of Cisco the dog, shows this to be "standard operating procedure" - AF)

Miller said his department will look into the family's allegations of unfair treatment.

The McCulloughs say Angel was an important part of the family. She had been with them since she was a puppy. The dog did not die instantly but later at a vet's office.

Telling their four children has been very difficult for the McCulloughs.

"I don't want her death to be in vain, because this could happen to some other family," said Louis McCullough.

The family is now left with taking care of 11 baby pit bulls and feeding them until someone wants to take them.

Miller says that McCullough was cited by the city for recently keeping dogs without the required vaccines and breeding them without a license. The McCulloughs deny breeding dogs. A court date is scheduled for May 16.

Miller added that no police officer goes to work wanting to shoot a dog.

JebSanderson
05-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Official police explanation:

The dog was an arsonist.

malkusm
05-03-2012, 05:44 PM
So....you were not convinced by all the heart-warming cop stories yesterday? :confused:

JebSanderson
05-03-2012, 05:45 PM
So....you were not convinced by all the heart-warming cop stories yesterday? :confused:

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/001/945/5008_9c00_420.gif

Anti Federalist
05-03-2012, 05:46 PM

No.

JebSanderson
05-03-2012, 05:48 PM
No.

Somehow I'm not surprised.

TheTexan
05-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Aside from the obvious solution of getting rid of the institution itself, cops need to be held to the same laws as everyone else. If I'd go to jail for trespassing on someone's property and shooting a dog, so should a cop.

This doesn't mean a cop can't go on private property... it just means they need to be respectful of that private property and its inhabitants when they do it.

azxd
05-03-2012, 06:06 PM

No.Then go do something about it.
March into your local precinct and demand that they change.

GuerrillaXXI
05-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Then go do something about it.
March into your local precinct and demand that they change.Just to be clear: You ARE joking, correct? Because such an action would most likely get one arrested on trumped-up charges.

Anti Federalist
05-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Then go do something about it.
March into your local precinct and demand that they change.

I do.

I attend regular meetings of the town police commission.

How do you think I found out about the circular force continuum?

Does it do any good?

Possibly, we were able to shoot down a shipment of full auto M16s that the feds were trying to push off on us and the continual whining for a new, multi million dollar, heavily fortified cop bunker in the middle of town.

Part of the reason that I post stories like this is to hopefully encourage others to do the same thing, like they did in Keene NH even if they were ultimately unsuccessful in stopping federal tanks from rolling into the local cop's armory.

Of course, your obsession with this subject causes you to not see this objectively.

oyarde
05-04-2012, 10:34 AM
My favorite one from yesterday was where I read the Gadsden , Alabama police chief read a fed report and discovered he had two drones and had them since 2010. Your tax dollars at work , I rate that one right up there with Michigan Homeland Security sno cone machines.