PDA

View Full Version : The Des Moines Challenge - Saturday June 30th! Rally outside Iowa Forum!

denvervoipguru
06-20-2007, 01:07 AM
As much as I hate that drive accross Nebraska, I'll be there if 99 others will join me! (And I know others from Denver will come with me)

It's a Saturday people LETS DO IT! June 30th at the Presidential Candidates Forum!
Lets show our Brothers & Sisters in Iowa that we've got their back!

There are AT LEAST 2000 Ron Paul MeetUp Members within a Six Hour Drive of Des Moines.

3Hour Drive: Kansas City Area Ron Paul Support Team (Overland Park, KSus; 201 members) 38.99-94.68

5Hour Drive: The Greater Chicago Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group (Chicago, ILus; 241 members) 41.89-87.63

3.5Hour Drive: The Minnesota Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group (Saint Paul, MNus; 138 members) 44.96-93.2

2Hour Drive: The Omaha Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group (Omaha, NEus; 52 members) 41.26-95.93

3Hour Drive: The Lincoln Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group (Lincoln, NEus; 31 members) 40.82-96.78

Des Moines Area & Central Iowa Ron Paul 2008 Support Group (Des Moines, IAus; 58 members) 41.6-93.68

4.5Hours Drive: Columbia, MO: Ron Paul 2008 Meetup (Columbia, MOus; 26 members) 38.93-92.37

2Hour Drive: The Cedar Rapids Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group (Cedar Rapids, IAus; 26 members) 42.02-91.67

2.5Hour Drive: The Greater Quad City Area Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group (Davenport, IAus; 26 members) 41.56-90.54

6Hour Drive: The Greater Saint Louis Area Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group (Saint Louis, MOus; 81 members) 38.66-90.32

4Hour Drive: The Topeka Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group (Topeka, KSus; 15 members) 39.04-95.73

9Hour Drive: The Denver Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group (Denver, COus; 110 members) 39.76-104.91

JoshLowry
06-20-2007, 01:14 AM
Nice idea. Are you refering to the presidential candidate forum on June 30th?

I'm coming from Houston for it (15 hours)

Post here if you want to carpool from Houston, Dallas, Oklahoma City, Topeka, or Kansas City: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=3707

2 Down, 98 to go.

Action Patriot
06-20-2007, 01:21 AM
I'll be there from the Ames meetup group. http://ronpaul.meetup.com/262/

denvervoipguru
06-20-2007, 03:04 AM
Nice idea. Are you refering to the presidential candidate forum on June 30th?

I'm coming from Houston for it (15 hours): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=3707

2 Down, 98 to go.

Wow, Texans even like their Trips "big"...:p

JoshLowry
06-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Sounds like Ron Paul will not be there after listening to Mr. Failor on WHO radio.

Let's do this. Everyone make a road trip this weekend.

beermotor
06-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Sounds like Ron Paul will not be there after listening to Mr. Failor on WHO radio.

Let's do this.

Yeah, still important to show up if you can. Try to ask really damaging questions too like "How in God's name do you plan on reducing the tax burden by nuking Iran, Mr. Hunter?"

JoshLowry
06-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Yeah, still important to show up if you can. Try to ask really damaging questions too like "How in God's name do you plan on reducing the tax burden by nuking Iran, Mr. Hunter?"

I'll probably just hold a few Ron Paul signs and chant with the rest of the group.

Everyone needs to make the trip this weekend. Do it for your country. Do it as a patriot.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-20-2007, 12:21 PM
Working on a group from Minnesota.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-20-2007, 03:02 PM

Let's do this. Everyone make a road trip this weekend.

Mr. Failor is not the only chief running the show. This Christian guy has gone underground, it sounds, but someone said he was a Buchanan supporter. Anyone know how to get to Buchanan (RP supporter) on this?

There will be at least one carload from MN next weekend -- we are talking next weekend, the 30th, not this weekend, right Josh?

ARealConservative
06-20-2007, 03:26 PM
I just created a meetup event for the Quad City group.

You got one of us anyway.

JoshLowry
06-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Mr. Failor is not the only chief running the show. This Christian guy has gone underground, it sounds, but someone said he was a Buchanan supporter. Anyone know how to get to Buchanan (RP supporter) on this?

There will be at least one carload from MN next weekend -- we are talking next weekend, the 30th, not this weekend, right Josh?

Correct, the 30th.

I just created a meetup event for the Quad City group.

You got one of us anyway.

Thanks! Confirmed my attendance.

Action Patriot
06-20-2007, 04:02 PM
If anyone's into 80's hair bands, there is a great event going on - Waterstock Rock (http://www.freewebtown.com/waterstockrock/index2.html) - that day in Des Moines. I attend every year and it's quite a good time. Ron Paul all day and party all night.

Action Patriot
06-20-2007, 05:42 PM
Be sure to reserve your seat to the Presidential Forum if you plan on attending. If Ron Paul is finally invited, you'll get to see and support him. If he doesn't get invited, the building will be half empty.

http://www.taxrelief.org/presidential_forum.htm

scbissler
06-20-2007, 06:36 PM
Planning on making the trip from Cincinnati. Anyone along the way interested in joining me?

JoshLowry
06-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Planning on making the trip from Cincinnati. Anyone along the way interested in joining me?

Awesome. Looks like Indianapolis is along the way.

Maybe see if any of the 118 members in their meetup would like to go show support.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/90/?gj=sj6

GreenApples
06-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Might make it not sure yet!

Everyone should try and go!

denvervoipguru
06-21-2007, 02:01 AM
What could be more powerful than video footage of hundreds of RP supporters at this event who drove for hours to make a statement.

denvervoipguru
06-21-2007, 02:37 AM
Co-Sponsored by:

FairTax.org

Krishna Engineering Consultants Inc
1454 30th St
West Des Moines IA 50266-1305
Phone: 515-224-6300

Light Expressions by Shaw
930 E. River Dr
Davenport, IA 52803
Phone: 563-323-3611
http://www.lightexpressions.com/

Be sure to call and express your gratitude for their sponsorship. Especially you Iowans. Always be courteous and respectful.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-21-2007, 11:08 AM
What could be more powerful than video footage of hundreds of RP supporters at this event who drove for hours to make a statement.

Or they might just think 1000 Iowan RP supporters were mad enough to come out, and they'll wonder why they haven't shown up in the polls.

We should decide where to meet and when on Sat. A block or two away where there is decent parking would be good. Someone who knows the area, let us know where would work. What time, noon? Forum starts at one. Earlier?

slantedview
06-21-2007, 12:54 PM
You guys have my best wishes! I'd be there in a heartbeat if it wasn't farther than my car is probably even capable of going :)

austin356
06-21-2007, 12:59 PM
aghhhhh, I wish I did not live in Dixie next week!

yongrel
06-21-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm just sitting here, wishing Connecticut was right next to Iowa so I could go.

ARealConservative
06-21-2007, 01:11 PM
I just recieved an email stating that even if only 25% of those that sent an email to the Des Moine event sponsor shows - that puts us at 2,000 protesters.

100% showing would be 8,000.

I hope 8,000 of us don't show up. I couldn't stand to see so many witness my tears of joy.

JoshLowry
06-21-2007, 01:21 PM
aghhhhh, I wish I did not live in Dixie next week!

If you make it to Houston, you can hop in my ride for the rest of the way.

austin356
06-21-2007, 01:39 PM
If you make it to Houston, you can hop in my ride for the rest of the way.

I will be in this Houston Sat. but am leaving Sun......

I am going to Houston to make some $$$$. [admin edit: Whatever you do to make money is fine. Just please do not discuss those activities on the forums. Thanks.]

Should I not be doing such?

LibertyOrDie
06-21-2007, 03:00 PM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Eventful_event_for_the_Ron_Paul_supporters_rally_i n_Iowa

Everyone that can go should register at the eventful site as well, it is being advertised pretty well right now on blogs and forums. This might help give the people that are a little timid to show up a push to go! Also, the meetup.com group: "Des Moines Area & Central Iowa Ron Paul 2008 Support Group" has 70 members, if you are a part of this group you should contact all of them and the ones that are going to register with eventful! Josh, I believe, even though you are in TX you are a member of that group.

CJLauderdale4
06-21-2007, 03:10 PM
MAN!!
I'm in South Florida. I can't make that 20+ hour drive....

Just remember: Based on the WHO interview, Failure has painted us out to be a bunch of fringe kooks who threaten women and children.

Show up proud, show up clean, and show up positive for Ron Paul!!

Come up with some positive chants, nothing negative.

And most of all, someone bring DVR it and have it on YouTube for all to see (naturally)!!

PatriotOne
06-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Or they might just think 1000 Iowan RP supporters were mad enough to come out, and they'll wonder why they haven't shown up in the polls.

We should decide where to meet and when on Sat. A block or two away where there is decent parking would be good. Someone who knows the area, let us know where would work. What time, noon? Forum starts at one. Earlier?

Bwah! I like your thinking Scribbler. Question? Have you been or know of other people checking other forums and Ron Paul sites for others planning the same thing? Is there any kind of coordination effort througout the communities? Just asking because of the discussion on if there needs to be a centralized place for all the communities to check in for things like the Iowa rally. I'm not sold it is even necessary yet but just curious if coordination is going on anyways, organically.

torchbearer
06-21-2007, 03:33 PM
Bwah! I like your thinking Scribbler. Question? Have you been or know of other people checking other forums and Ron Paul sites for others planning the same thing? Is there any kind of coordination effort througout the communities? Just asking because of the discussion on if there needs to be a centralized place for all the communities to check in for things like the Iowa rally. I'm not sold it is even necessary yet but just curious if coordination is going on anyways, organically.

There are enough people that cross back and forth between the many online forums that the information gets passed and organically organized using online tools like meetup and eventful.
Good sociological study too.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Just remember: Based on the WHO interview, Failure has painted us out to be a bunch of fringe kooks who threaten women and children.

Show up proud, show up clean, and show up positive for Ron Paul!!

Yeah, leave the dope at home.

PatriotOne
06-21-2007, 03:43 PM
There are enough people that cross back and forth between the many online forums that the information gets passed and organically organized using online tools like meetup and eventful.

That's been my experience also when I have been a member of forums/groups that have many different sites dedicated to a person or cause. I just wanted to double check to see if that has started to occur also for Ron Paul activites. Glad to hear it is :D

Still might be a good idea for a single place (common to all sites) for people to check for this sort of stuff. Still under consideration if this would be helpful or just another level of control/Goverment not needed :D

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-21-2007, 03:47 PM

Here's the Eventful link: http://eventful.com/events/E0-001-004986982-7

In addition each meetup group should be organizing its constituency. We are in MN, and we have a couple representatives to an IA Border States Meetup which includes representatives from our Target, Iowa. We're becoming very bureacratic. :D

(Let's start using code words. This assignment can be Operation Failure or some such, Ground Zero would be Hy-Vee Center. If "the package gets delivered" it means Ron Paul is going to attend.)

torchbearer
06-21-2007, 03:53 PM

In addition each meetup group should be organizing its constituency. We are in MN, and we have a couple representatives to an IA Border States Meetup which includes representatives from our Target, Iowa. We're becoming very bureacratic. :D

(Let's start using code words. This assignment can be Operation Failure or some such, Ground Zero would be Hy-Vee Center. If "the package gets delivered" it means Ron Paul is going to attend.)

Getting all James Bond on us. ;)

PatriotOne
06-21-2007, 03:54 PM

Okay...that's hilarious!

We'll need counter-intelligence shades from now on :cool:

Zydeco
06-21-2007, 04:03 PM
Re torchbearer's comment, one thing that's amusing about the imminent demise of the corrupt D.C. establishment (I live here, btw) is that the people in charge of the corrupt structures that are about to fall have almost no familiarity with the words that are about to destroy them (Digg, YouTube, Meetup, Eventful, etc.).

Reading older members of the MSM is almost pitiful, the way they think they still control things. Like William Safire the other day writing that Ron Paul was "running, but not in the running."

The "let them eat cake" of 2007 America!

Let the unstoppable revolution roll on. I'm enjoying it. :p :cool: :)

PatriotOne
06-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Re torchbearer's comment, one thing that's amusing about the imminent demise of the corrupt D.C. establishment (I live here, btw) is that the people in charge of the corrupt structures that are about to fall have almost no familiarity with the words that are about to destroy them (Digg, YouTube, Meetup, Eventful, etc.).

Reading older members of the MSM is almost pitiful, the way they think they still control things. Like William Safire the other day writing that Ron Paul was "running, but not in the running."

The "let them eat cake" of 2007 America!

Let the unstoppable revolution roll on. I'm enjoying it. :p :cool: :)

It feels soooooooooo good to be part of this revolution! Somedays, I feel we are saving the world whether those unenlightened realize it or not :D .

MsDoodahs
06-21-2007, 04:22 PM
That's because we are.

:cool:

MsDoodahs
06-21-2007, 04:28 PM
Are there other facilities, perhaps adjacent to the one where the forum will be held at Ground Zero which might be available for RP use?

Just curious...

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Are there other facilities, perhaps adjacent to the one where the forum will be held at Ground Zero which might be available for RP use?

Just curious...

Someone in IA is trying to get a permit to shut down Park Avenue next to Ground Zero for our use, but I don't know his RPforums Code Name. If we're out of state, we should park a little bit away so we don't look like, well, outa-staters. Facilities . . . I think that's code for, is someone going to bring a Porta-Potty?

MsDoodahs
06-21-2007, 04:49 PM
Check out this view of "ground zero:"

http://www.seedesmoines.com/images/IEC_Parking.pdf

:D

bojo68
06-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Are there any pilots out there??? I've got access to about 350 RP supporters on the left coast....:D

bojo68
06-21-2007, 05:21 PM

Just curious...

YES!:)

DavyDuke17
06-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Is this going to be big enough to warrant contacting some national press before hand in hopes that they cover it?

torchbearer
06-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Does anyone have the ability to get a rough estimate on the number of people who are going... counting all the meetups and eventful??

BravoSix
06-21-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm considering flying into Kansas City, MO airport, renting a car, and driving the rest of the way. If anyone in that area wants to hitch a ride from KCMO to Des Moines, let me know.

SleepingProphet
06-22-2007, 06:46 AM
I wish you all the best of luck, unfortunately im in oregon, but im looking into making it out. perhaps i can have some spare change left over to donate to the campaign. :)

smtwngrl
06-22-2007, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDoodahs View Post

Just curious...

YES!:)

Bojo,

Elaborate, elaborate! :D

Oh, and how many people could they hold?

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-22-2007, 08:09 AM
But let's be sure the press can see us. If we're tucked away in a building, our tree will fall in the forest, but no one to hear.

hells_unicorn
06-22-2007, 08:26 AM
I'm way over in South Eastern Pennsylvania, there is no way I'll be able to make it all the way out to Des Moines, but I wish all of you the best of luck. I'll be sure to keep up on my end of things here in Allentown.

CJLauderdale4
06-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Scribbler,
As soon as you confirm a reserved location for this event (adjacent park, etc.), we need to post it on eventful and notify Kent at RP HQ. Ask him if Ron will show up to give a speech, and how we should notify the national press (he could send out a press release, or we could send emails).

torchbearer
06-22-2007, 08:52 AM
someone go to the event space and stake our claim so we no where the homestead is going be

graystar
06-22-2007, 09:00 AM
someone go to the event space and stake our claim so we no where the homestead is going be

Google earth it.

bojo68
06-22-2007, 10:34 AM
I wish you all the best of luck, unfortunately im in oregon, but im looking into making it out. perhaps i can have some spare change left over to donate to the campaign. :)

That's 2 here, and it's going to appear on the Portland board shortly. Portland organizer. I'm expecting to have it listed in Hillsboro and Seattle shortly.:)

Ernest Hancock
06-22-2007, 03:06 PM
The Phoenix RonPaulRevolution.com is bringing signs and material. I will be staying at the Downtown Renaissance Des Moines Savery from Thursday evening until Saturday afternoon. I'll have printed material, bumper stickers, buttons and lots and lots of signs for anyone that can make use of them.

My main focus is to make certain that Ron Paul support is clearly demonstrated. If anyone wishes to help, please call me on my cell at 602 717 5900 and I'll do my best to make sure you have something to promote Dr. Paul with. It looks like Ron Paul will be well represented, but many of us here just want to make certain,... because we can :)

(the bad guys have no idea what they did :)

Ernie

Spirit of '76
06-22-2007, 03:19 PM
The Phoenix RonPaulRevolution.com is bringing signs and material. I will be staying at the Downtown Renaissance Des Moines Savery from Thursday evening until Saturday afternoon. I'll have printed material, bumper stickers, buttons and lots and lots of signs for anyone that can make use of them.

Yes! Now there's a man with a plan!

Dave
06-22-2007, 03:38 PM

My main focus is to make certain that Ron Paul support is clearly demonstrated. If anyone wishes to help, please call me on my cell at 602 717 5900 and I'll do my best to make sure you have something to promote Dr. Paul with. It looks like Ron Paul will be well represented, but many of us here just want to make certain,... because we can :)

(the bad guys have no idea what they did :)

Ernie

Make sure you hook up with the Des Moines meetup group. There are a number of entrances to Hy-Vee Hall - make sure you scope it all out when you get in town. Most of the parking is in the lots north of Vet's Auditorium, which is directly north of Hy-Vee Hall.

Iowans are generally modest people. Keep it positive and peaceful

yongrel
06-22-2007, 04:01 PM
argh!!! I wish I could be a part of this!

Ernest Hancock
06-22-2007, 04:12 PM
We have two faces that we display when we go to a state (Arizona - New Hampshire – North Carolina – South Carolina – Utah – Maine – Missouri - Iowa (next week) and then Nevada), The Ron Paul Revolution has been very effective in getting buzz going and attracting the young. But we also have high quality printing that is much more “Republican” oriented (a list of samples can be found here http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Feature-Article.htm?InfoNo=019800 ) If you can get back to us on what material you might like to make use of the most we can make sure that you are fully supplied,.. as long as it does not go to waste.

Please keep in mind that the RonPaulRevolution is an open source thing and there is no one in charge, no central command and no one to say the word "No". Only your imagination is the limit to what you can do. Understanding that we have continued to add ideas, techniques and material that we personally here in Phoenix are willing to pay for, to what we produce for the use of others that like it. Some of the Phoenix activists drove and flew to Utah for the GOP Convention and had lots of fun and were very effective. For Iowa I get to be the courier of goodies. I just hope I can bring enough.

We also have a DVD duplicator that has the capacity to duplicate DVDs at a rate of about 100 – 150 DVDs an hour (depending on the length of the material). We have our own DVD that we use to promote Ron Paul at various gatherings that are Republican in nature but are certainly willing to make the machine available for your use as well. If you need help editing material and creating an original DVD that features your efforts or wish to add your material to some material you would like to use of ours then we are able to help with that too. We are bringing a video camera for raw footage but it takes about 18 hours to “render” a large file to create the master disk before you get into warp speed duplicating, so that'll have to be done later.

The individuals of the RonPaulRevolution (at least here in Phoenix where it started) have nothing to do with the official Ron Paul Campaign. Some are members of various Meetup groups and are very active in the promotion of activism in support of Ron Paul, but none are part of any central command and are free to exercise their freedom of expression in any manner they wish as individuals (you know,… that libertarian thing). We always say Yes,… no one is in any position to say “No” to another’s efforts and we work together very well while enjoying the effort we each have time to make as individuals (with that said…)

Many people here in Phoenix are in high production of material we are taking to Nevada and Iowa. I’ll be in Iowa from Thursday thru Saturday the 30th to make certain that Iowa knows Ron Paul has a presence there. We’re certain that others will also make an effort,… but just to make certain, we’re adding our effort. This close to the August 11th Iowa Straw Poll we can’t take a chance that he isn’t the talk of the town after being denied an invitation to the Tax Forum with all of the other candidates. The seeking of "permits" from the very 'machine' that was responsible for not inviting Ron Paul in the first place worried enough of us that know better than to ask permission under such circumstances to raise the resources to make sure that it is understood that we don't need no stinking permit to save America.

We are experienced Liberty Activists and understand the importance of a professional demonstration. We are also very much of the opinion (and experience) of when a well placed "peaceful Revolution" is the most effective (it's a freedom thing - No Worries, we won't be in the way)

A week later, Ron Paul’s participation in the FreedomFest on July 7th is another great opportunity for many supporters to attend and make sure he is the talk of the town over the 4th of July week in 'Fabulous Las Vegas Baby!' and for many of his hard working supporters here to take a short break and enjoy the city and the event. The FreedomFest has many personal friends as speakers and attendees of several of us and we are very motivated to demonstrate the passion of support for Ron Paul to a very important and well funded group of individuals that can make a big difference in the effort. We already have a great deal of support from many of these people and many residents of Las Vegas so we are really happy to put what their support has created on display for them. I hope many of you can benefit from the extra traffic we hope to create in addition to other efforts around the country and will welcome our enthusiasm. We have no intention of diverting any of your efforts from what you may already have planned. We know what we are going to do and how, but we have extra time and resources that we would love to share with you for your use. Not the least of which is a few people willing to sweat for a few hours a day in the service of volunteers in Iowa and Nevada in the near future.

Las Vegas Volunteers:
At least 2 of us from Phoenix will be there for the entire week _working_ (sign production & placement, distribution of material and meeting with supporters) the vast majority of the Phoenix RPR will start coming in on the Fourth and will peak on Saturday. We already have a base of operations but we would very much like to be your slave labor as often as you can make use of us since we are full time Ron Paul supporters for this week in Fabulous Las Vegas ( we are very excited about this Fabulous Las Vegas trip J )

So please use and abuse us. We have plenty of time to do what we have planned and hope to fill the rest of the time helping supporters in Las Vegas. Please let us know ASAP what you find of use from our material since we are making a print order now for Monday printing for use over the next 6 weeks or so. We also have additional material coming.

Thanks,
Ernie
602 717 5900

yongrel
06-22-2007, 04:34 PM
You guys in Phoenix amaze me. Kudos for the tremendous effort you've invested. It's working.

Jackstraw
06-22-2007, 10:02 PM
I'll be there. One of the benifits of working for an airline. :D

JoshLowry
06-22-2007, 10:11 PM
I'll be there. One of the benifits of working for an airline. :D

Good stuff Jack! Welcome to the forums and I will see you there.

Ernie you and your group really do rock.

Actually all of you do. ;)

ADGettis
06-22-2007, 10:30 PM
That's 2 here, and it's going to appear on the Portland board shortly. Portland organizer. I'm expecting to have it listed in Hillsboro and Seattle shortly.:)

Oh, what a bad time to be an intern! With my schedule at the mercy of the Department of Labor and my paychecks smaller than they were in high school, this is not a good time for a revolution to be taking place!

I'd love to tag along with you Portland folks, but it just ain't happening this time. Make a little noise on my behalf, would you?

(Worst part is I just moved here from Minnesota, so I was right in Iowa's back yard!)

skyorbit
06-23-2007, 12:54 AM
Be sure to reserve your seat to the Presidential Forum if you plan on attending. If Ron Paul is finally invited, you'll get to see and support him. If he doesn't get invited, the building will be half empty.

No. Go to it anyway. And Tell all the neighbors sitting next to you in attendence and at the breaks that Ron Paul's stances and records are better then all those other guys.

Unfortunitely I have a wedding to go to that day, so I won't be able to make it. And the meet-up group in Sioux Falls, has some other Ron Paul campagning to do locally that's been planned for awhile.

Tracy

megan
06-23-2007, 01:04 AM
I'm in.

JoshLowry
06-23-2007, 01:06 AM
I'm in.

Great! Welcome to the forums. See if you can get some other Omahans to come with you.

megan
06-23-2007, 01:13 AM

operation iowan freedom.

megan
06-23-2007, 01:14 AM
Great! Welcome to the forums. See if you can get some other Omahans to come with you.

I know at least four are. we had a rally today.

megan
06-23-2007, 01:29 AM

they actually took down the form to reserve tickets. I wonder what to make of that.

JoshLowry
06-23-2007, 01:43 AM
they actually took down the form to reserve tickets. I wonder what to make of that.

Pretty interesting. Must have filled em up.

The outside of the event is where we are going to be anyways. :)

megan
06-23-2007, 02:08 AM
Pretty interesting. Must have filled em up.

The outside of the event is where we are going to be anyways. :)

well, if he somehow DOES get to speak (soooo not happening), I'll have a ticket to get inside!

ndevors
06-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Go for it !

Don't forget: our objective is to promote RON PAUL, not to excoriate the insignificanti.

Utmost decorum is appropriate...: that's Mr Paul's style.

UCFGavin
06-23-2007, 09:44 AM
I'm in.

is this the same megan from Iowa from facebook in the Ron Paul group?

LibertyEagle
06-23-2007, 09:47 AM
Go for it !

Don't forget: our objective is to promote RON PAUL, not to excoriate the insignificanti.

Utmost decorum is appropriate...: that's Mr Paul's style.

You're right. We have to kill 'em with kindness, while we're spreading Dr. Paul's message.

megan
06-23-2007, 09:58 AM
is this the same megan from Iowa from facebook in the Ron Paul group?

yes.

UCFGavin
06-23-2007, 10:00 AM
yes.

haha, welcome to the forums. Danny Hudson on facebook :)

dangfitz
06-23-2007, 10:22 AM
It's a 15 hour drive, so says google maps. If I can get a few people together, I'll drive. Otherwise, it's a $500 flight, RT.

torchbearer
06-23-2007, 10:23 AM
Man, if i could afford to get on a plane and go.. i'd be there with bells on!

JoshLowry
06-23-2007, 10:26 AM
It's a 15 hour drive, so says google maps. If I can get a few people together, I'll drive. Otherwise, it's a $500 flight, RT.

I'll race ya...! Houston to Des Moines is 14 hours 47 mins.

You can even have a 15 minute head start. ;)

cac1963
06-23-2007, 10:38 AM
Is anybody here a former Howard Dean supporter besides me? This roadtrip to Iowa is so deja vu that it's scary. Dean had very similar mobilization across the country during his "Sleepless Summer Tour" of 2003, and he had similar sized crowds turning up (most of whom were out of staters showing up to make the crowds larger). Dean's grassroots organization in Iowa was mostly out of staters, and they made a few mistakes that hurt Dean's campaign. The biggest was the invasion of out-of-staters knocking on Iowan's doors and shoving Dean down the people's throats with an aggressive enthusiasm that Paul's supporters seem to also possess. There has to be a way to learn from the mistakes Dean's campaign made so that all this mobilization doesn't have a negative effect on Paul. I'm hoping there are other former Dean supporters in this group who might have better insight to share.

John of Des Moines
06-23-2007, 10:41 AM
The biggest was the invasion of out-of-staters knocking on Iowan's doors and shoving Dean down the people's throats with an aggressive enthusiasm that Paul's supporters seem to also possess.

Exactly!

torchbearer
06-23-2007, 10:43 AM
Is anybody here a former Howard Dean supporter besides me? This roadtrip to Iowa is so deja vu that it's scary. Dean had very similar mobilization across the country during his "Sleepless Summer Tour" of 2003, and he had similar sized crowds turning up (most of whom were out of staters showing up to make the crowds larger). Dean's grassroots organization in Iowa was mostly out of staters, and they made a few mistakes that hurt Dean's campaign. The biggest was the invasion of out-of-staters knocking on Iowan's doors and shoving Dean down the people's throats with an aggressive enthusiasm that Paul's supporters seem to also possess. There has to be a way to learn from the mistakes Dean's campaign made so that all this mobilization doesn't have a negative effect on Paul. I'm hoping there are other former Dean supporters in this group who might have better insight to share.

Good Point. Let's keep the out-of-staters at the rally... for the visual appearance of mob rally... for the media to get good shots of... Let the Ron Paul Iowans take the lead and speak to all the media outlets.

dspectre
06-23-2007, 10:43 AM

You should post this in another thread and make people aware of your experiences.

nayjevin
06-23-2007, 11:23 AM
here's a thread to plan carpools to the show:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=4117

LibertyEagle
06-23-2007, 11:36 AM
You should post this in another thread and make people aware of your experiences.

I agree. There needs to be some kind of plan. We don't want this whole thing to backfire on us and it could.

mdh
06-23-2007, 12:16 PM
http://mdh.name/photographs/me/mdh1.jpg

Say hi when ya see me, I'm hard to miss!

torchbearer
06-23-2007, 12:19 PM
repost:
In Iowa: Ron Paul to Celebrate Life and Liberty
6/23/07

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul will celebrate life and liberty at a rally in Des Moines, Iowa on Saturday, June 30th. Dr. Paul will share his message of freedom, peace and prosperity at the Hy-Vee Hall, Room C, Iowa Events Center, 730 Third Street, Des Moines, Iowa. The rally will start immediately following the conclusion of the Presidential Candidates Forum sponsored by Iowans for Tax Relief and Iowa Christian Alliance at approximately 4:30 p.m.

The public is invited. Food and beverage will be provided to the first 500 people who arrive.

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/In_Iowa_Ron_Paul_to_Celebrate_Life_and_Liberty

torchbearer
06-23-2007, 12:21 PM
In Iowa: Ron Paul to Celebrate Life and Liberty
6/23/07

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul will celebrate life and liberty at a rally in Des Moines, Iowa on Saturday, June 30th. Dr. Paul will share his message of freedom, peace and prosperity at the Hy-Vee Hall, Room C, Iowa Events Center, 730 Third Street, Des Moines, Iowa. The rally will start immediately following the conclusion of the Presidential Candidates Forum sponsored by Iowans for Tax Relief and Iowa Christian Alliance at approximately 4:30 p.m.

The public is invited. Food and beverage will be provided to the first 500 people who arrive.

be sure to digg the official announcement here:

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/In_Iowa_Ron_Paul_to_Celebrate_Life_and_Liberty

JoshLowry
06-23-2007, 12:30 PM
has someone started the thread? i don't see it yet.

you're posting in the future!

torchbearer
06-23-2007, 01:07 PM
has someone started the thread? i don't see it yet.

hroos
06-23-2007, 02:48 PM
This is great! Can't wait to see it happen...

So this the line up of people as I see can be potentially mobilized for Iowa events from the meetups and passionate supporting members of Ron Paul :

June 23, 2007

206 Kansas City Meetup
245 Greater Chicago Meetup
144 Minnesota Meetup
57 Omaha Meetup
35 Lincoln Meetup
60 Des Moines Area & Central Iowa Meetup
28 Columbia, MO Meetup
25 Cedar Rapids Meetup
28 Greater Quad City Area Meetup
88 Greater Saint Louis Area Meetup
16 Topeka Meetup
118 Denver Meetup
2 Texas (Josh +1 guest)
2 Phoenix RonPaulRevolution.com (Providing Signs and Material)
1 Las Vegas RonPaulRevolution.com (at least 1 person)
1 Buffalo (what? but definitely he's coming)
1056 total!!!

Imagine if half of those people just brought a single friend with them. That will move cameras to the campaign and the issues. This group might even get the win at the Iowa Straw Poll in Ames! :cool:

denvervoipguru
06-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Here's short video clip to Inspire you if You're Still Not sure About joining Us in Des Moines....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZhMuLEzP7s

All that is required for evil to prevail is for good people to stand by and do nothing
- Edmund Burke

d991
06-23-2007, 03:27 PM
I think Ron Paul should show up to the rally on a horse with his face painted like in Braveheart

mdh
06-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Ack, I'm posting in the future...
Josh, you should `ntpdate -s ntp2.usno.navy.mil` hourly via root's crontab. :p

mdh
06-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Hector, you're forgettin the three of us from the ronpaul.name crew in West Virginia (the website's still crap for now, good one courtesy of Spirit of 76 will be live soon though). :-)

WildBill
06-23-2007, 09:13 PM
You might plan on more than 15 hours to get from Houston to Des Moines, JoshLowry, unless you're quite a leadfoot. It's 936 miles.

Patty4RonPaul
06-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Hi all,

Sorry, I don't spend much time on the boards, but Voip now has only 2 more people to meet his challenge from Denver!

Ron Paul, LET'S GO!!!:p

hummtide
06-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Just remember everyone.. dont make it a protest.. have it as a Ron Paul support rally ONLY. The media doesnt need to see countless signs with messages like "Ron Paul deserves to be included" or "Dont mess with Ron Paul supporters" or anything along those lines. The most effective is everyone holding up 2 Ron Paul signs, thus looking like a sea of Ron Paul SUPPORTERS. In any case good luck everyone!

kylejack
06-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Prediction: Truthers will ruin this opportunity.

torchbearer
06-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Truthers will not have an opportunity at getting to the truth unless Ron Paul is elected.... so, if they keep killing him with their associated protest, aren't they killing the truth?
I'd like to see a new investigation too... a real one... but it isn't going to ever happen unless we elect Ron Paul.

Annie
06-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Ron Paul meetup group from KC had many hands raised during the meeting to GO TO IOWA after Meg took a phone call to confirm that Ron Paul was a GO...for Iowa. I believe we could have many more who weren't at the meeting but got the lastest info from the www.ronpaulkc.com forum.

This will be as a GAINT meetup. PLEASE BRING CAMERAs and DIGITAL RECORDERS. Show your group and your home town news paper that RON PAUL was the reason you drove to IOWA.

It will be a SEA of Ron Paul signs and citizens. Ron Paul supporters are on FIRE and Iowa must have everyone there!

I think you can count 10-12 from KC ...so far. We are getting the details of "where" to start to caravan out of Kansas City @ www.ronpaulkc.com. ACTION ITEMS: The IOWA June 30th event link. PLEASE post if you are in the area and NEED a ride.

We may be staying over night in the city and not return back until Sunday around noon but other people must get back home right after the event. Be sure to communicate what you can do and how long you can stay.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-24-2007, 01:52 PM
In addition to leaving the "legalize hemp" signs at home, let's remember who is our audience. They've in large part been hannitized and bush-wacked. We're not going to win them over on the war with a "No More War" sign or chants. That argument has to be made in more depth, as Ron Paul may be able to do once he gets them in for dinner. But many of them may see "No War" signs with the Ron Paul signs and immediately decide they don't want to hear out Ron Paul.

I know whereof I speak, as I was neoconned for a couple years myself, and had to come around on the war on my own. Let them support the damn war for now, but come over to Ron Paul's side. I have a good friend who is very pro-war -- she's bought into all the crap -- but she's supporting Ron Paul on everything else. I don't push the war issue with her because what really matters is that she supports Ron Paul, who will end the war regardless of what she thinks.

Same goes for Truthers. You may be right (I may be crazy), but better to win them to Ron Paul's side than to scare them away. ONLY if Ron Paul wins will you get an investigation.

Now flame away. :rolleyes:

Bradley in DC
06-24-2007, 03:12 PM
In addition to leaving the "legalize hemp" signs at home, let's remember who is our audience. We're not going to win them over on the war with a "No More War" sign or chants. That argument has to be made in more depth, as Ron Paul may be able to do once he gets them in for dinner. But many of them may see "No War" signs with the Ron Paul signs and immediately decide they don't want to hear out Ron Paul.

While I confess to being a big fan of the Scribbler, I rise to disagree respectfully with the Gentlelady from the great state of Minnesota. She is correct, of course, in pointing out the matter before our great body is to decide whether our types of approaches match the appeals of the Iowa Republicans. I proffer that our esteemed colleague from Texas needs to own the anti-war issue and that that is in fact in line with the views of the citizens of the great state of Iowa. I refer her to the committee report, um, scientific polls, showing a majority of likely Republican caucus goers there supported bringing the troops home within six months. I return the remainder of my time, thank you.:)

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-24-2007, 03:32 PM
The gentleman from DC does make an excellent point, one I failed to consider. For this particular forum, however, I believe his forefront issue should be the reduction of government and abolition of the IRS. Sure, it wouldn't hurt us to have a few anti-war signs among all the RP rEVOLution signs, but if we're going to push a particular issue with this crowd, RP is going to resonate the most with an anti-tax message.

If we get on tv, the anti-war message will matter there, but so will the anti-tax message. I still wouldn't have an overwhelming amount of anti-war signs just because we want to drive home the tax message in Saturday's context.

Your constructive criticism was kind and well reasoned. This is, after all, the place for us to mull these things over.

Noodles
06-24-2007, 03:42 PM
With Iowa, my major concern is Dr. Paul's promise to end farm subsidies. Lower taxes sounds good, the end of the war sounds good, but farm subsidies are what's in their pockets. Overcoming this is where the problem lies, and I'm sure Dr. Paul has already considered this and has a solution. I just hope the Iowans are buying.

For the country as a whole, I too feel that we should hammer home the anti-war platform.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-24-2007, 03:44 PM
Now I've rethought this again. 100% of the forum attendees will be anti-tax, where *maybe* 60% of them will be anti-war. (Although GOP caucus attendees may be anti-war, these will be the harder-core GOP activists in attendance, those who get their marching orders from Ed Failure, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck.) If even 30% are bellicose, hannitized warmongers (but I repeat myself), don't we want to get them into hear Ron Paul speak?

mdh
06-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Most farm subsidies go to big ag corps though. Most small-time farmers loathe them.

Bradley in DC
06-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Most agricultural subsidies go to large corporate agribusinesses (ADM comes to mind) and not the vast majority of Iowa farmers in any significant way, though Noodles does make a great soup, er, point.

We are not only competing for the attention of the caucus goers but also against the other candidates who will all be claiming to be anti-tax, small government types (not that some of them could name a program to cut--in two tries, as opposed to Dr. Paul who got cut off on time just starting with the departments!).

We need to differentiate ourselves as well as reassure them. Anti-tax, limited government signs are, without a doubt, appropriate, but the pro-peace argument needs to be there as well. Perhaps rephrasing the emphasis?
"pro-peace" rather than "anti-war"
targeting terrorists with Letters of Marque and Reprisal rather than indiscriminate bombing of civilian populations
no blowback (pictures of 9/11 imagery)
no starting nuclear wars; uphold Christian Just War Theory

PatriotOne
06-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Now I've rethought this again. 100% of the forum attendees will be anti-tax, where *maybe* 60% of them will be anti-war. (Although GOP caucus attendees may be anti-war, these will be the harder-core GOP activists in attendance, those who get their marching orders from Ed Failure, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck.) If even 30% are bellicose, hannitized warmongers (but I repeat myself), don't we want to get them into hear Ron Paul speak?

I would rather every audience hear his stance on the war from him personally rather than them getting it from other sources (particulary because of the way MSM tries to ridicule it). When Ron Paul speaks of it, it makes sense. When they hear it from the media, well, that's a whole other animal.

Editing to say never mind. I see your discussing signage instead of speeches.

LastoftheMohicans
06-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Most farm subsidies go to big ag corps though. Most small-time farmers loathe them.

"There isn't one grain of anything in the world that is sold in a free market. Not one! The only place you see a free market is in the speeches of politicians. People who are not in the Midwest do not understand that this is a socialist country."

Dwayne Andreas, Archer Daniels Midland

LastoftheMohicans
06-24-2007, 04:30 PM
I think Scribbler's point was that if it looks like the standard Leftie anti-war rally, it will turn people off. What Ron Paul does so well is frame his anti-war stance in Constitutional terms.

I also think that when 911 truthers are yelling Ron Paul's name, it's like a dagger in my side. I don't have a problem with the truthers but there is a time and place for everything. They unwittingly give the MSM media ammunition to attack RP. If anyone sees these guys at the rally, politely explain to them that they're hurting the cause of liberty.

Bradley in DC
06-24-2007, 04:32 PM
I think Scribbler's point was that if it looks like the standard Leftie anti-war rally, it will turn people off. What Ron Paul does so well is frame his anti-war stance in Constitutional terms.

And Christian ones, especially for this audience.

I also think that when 911 truthers are yelling Ron Paul's name, it's like a dagger in my side.

Amen.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-24-2007, 04:38 PM
I also think that when 911 truthers are yelling Ron Paul's name, it's like a dagger in my side. I don't have a problem with the truthers but there is a time and place for everything. They unwittingly give the MSM media ammunition to attack RP. If anyone sees these guys at the rally, politely explain to them that they're hurting the cause of liberty.

And they're hurting their own cause. If Ron Paul doesn't get elected because people think he's a nut, there will be no legitimate investigation. I have nothing against truthers whatsoever. I don't trust government either. But you can't make a complete and coherant argument with a sign slogan. The only way you're going to get an investigation -- I believe this is the goal of the truthers -- is to get Ron Paul elected, and you can't do that by turning off people.

LastoftheMohicans
06-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Well said. Scribbler, I have a quick question. I read before and you just said you were neoconned for a few years. What changed your mind? I was an anti-war progressive type, much like the great progressive isolationists from your neck of the woods. So I am always curious how someone on the "Right' came to see the light.

JoshLowry
06-24-2007, 05:07 PM
Well said. Scribbler, I have a quick question. I read before and you just said you were neoconned for a few years. What changed your mind? I was an anti-war progressive type, much like the great progressive isolationists from your neck of the woods. So I am always curious how someone on the "Right' came to see the light.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=1767

Read that thread, it's pretty good. :)

skyorbit
06-24-2007, 05:09 PM
No. Go to it anyway. And Tell all the neighbors sitting next to you in attendence and at the breaks that Ron Paul's stances and records are better then all those other guys.

Unfortunitely I have a wedding to go to that day, so I won't be able to make it. And the meet-up group in Sioux Falls, has some other Ron Paul campagning to do locally that's been planned for awhile.

Tracy

I just found out that a bunch of our Sioux Falls meet-up group are going even though I won't be there. Don't know the exact number, but it'll be a few. We reschedualled our other activities.

Tracy

Duckman
06-24-2007, 05:14 PM
We had a similar debate to this at our last meetup group, basically a debate about how we should present ourselves so as to attract the conservatives who must, after all, elect Ron Paul.

My opinion is that we should build on the very consistent, relevant and recent message Ron Paul has been making about our involvement in wars. We are about to get involved in another war, and I think alot of Republicans realize that and are not sure it is a good idea. While 60% of Republicans may be in favor of maintaining the current war because they see no reasonable exit, I seriously doubt the number of Republicans who think it had been a good idea to go to Iraq is now anywhere near 60%. I don't think the number of Republicans who want to go to war with Iran is anywhere near 60%. I think if we made signs opposed to expanding the war they could have effect.

We should also not make sure we are not anti-tax in our signage also. Make signs that would appeal to conservatives and libertarians alike. This is an anti-tax rally.

I think a two-pronged approach with both of those messages would be key.

I would, unfortunately admit that you should probably not bring any hemp related signs, unless there is alot of hemp historically grown in a certain area and you are speaking to an agricultural audience at an agricultural event. Then it might be ok, but I would still probably prefer a different strategy. Even though I am personally in favor of legalization, I think there's a better time and a place, unfortunately.

skyorbit
06-24-2007, 05:20 PM
In addition to leaving the "legalize hemp" signs at home, let's remember who is our audience. They've in large part been hannitized and bush-wacked. We're not going to win them over on the war with a "No More War" sign or chants. That argument has to be made in more depth, as Ron Paul may be able to do once he gets them in for dinner. But many of them may see "No War" signs with the Ron Paul signs and immediately decide they don't want to hear out Ron Paul.

I know whereof I speak, as I was neoconned for a couple years myself, and had to come around on the war on my own. Let them support the damn war for now, but come over to Ron Paul's side. I have a good friend who is very pro-war -- she's bought into all the crap -- but she's supporting Ron Paul on everything else. I don't push the war issue with her because what really matters is that she supports Ron Paul, who will end the war regardless of what she thinks.

Same goes for Truthers. You may be right (I may be crazy), but better to win them to Ron Paul's side than to scare them away. ONLY if Ron Paul wins will you get an investigation.

Now flame away. :rolleyes:

While I agree this is a anti-tax forum. It's also a Christian forum -- so we definitely need to be respectfull and Christ-like and focus on the anti-tax message.

However their is a big block of Iowa farmers that want hemp legalized. So, it might be a good idea for some people to have a few legalize industrial hemp signs.

Tracy

LibertyEagle
06-24-2007, 05:23 PM
I think we should stay with the basics. If we feel the need to deviate from the traditional Ron Paul for President campaign signs, we should stay focused on small government, the Constitution, lower taxes... stuff like that.

If Dr. Paul wants to broach controversial subjects, that's HIS job; not ours and if we try, I think it will backfire on us badly.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-24-2007, 05:35 PM
My opinion is that we should build on the very consistent, relevant and recent message Ron Paul has been making about our involvement in wars. We are about to get involved in another war, and I think alot of Republicans realize that and are not sure it is a good idea. While 60% of Republicans may be in favor of maintaining the current war because they see no reasonable exit, I seriously doubt the number of Republicans who think it had been a good idea to go to Iraq is now anywhere near 60%. I don't think the number of Republicans who want to go to war with Iran is anywhere near 60%. I think if we made signs opposed to expanding the war they could have effect.

My point is more that you can't put an entire, well-reasoned argument on a sign. You can do that in a brochure to some degree, but the best way to convince someone is through discussion.

LastOfTheMohicans asked me how I got neoconned and then un-neoconned. I've always been a Republican who leaned libertarian, not unlike Ron Paul. Although I've always listened to a lot of talk radio, I can usually catch myself when a conservative host tries to lead his listeners down the path against liberty. But like many people, I wanted to see us get retaliation against the 9/11 perpetrators. It was pretty seductive, how Bush orchestrated the entire party and talk radio into thinking that's what we were doing by going to war in Iraq.

I should have known better, but a similar-minded friend very gradually got me to think about it. He didn't scream Get Out Now at me, or pummel me with anti-war slogans. We talked about it over the course of months.

I despised the Cindy Sheehan types. Anti-war protestors turned me off to the idea that we should get out. It took reason. And time.

We need to get them to listen to Ron Paul speak. This may be the only opportunity some may have to hear him if they didn't watch the debates. And, honestly, very few people out of the population as a whole watched the debates.

Let's not turn them off, harden them to the message, if there's a chance otherwise they might listen to a well-reasoned argument.

LastoftheMohicans
06-24-2007, 05:42 PM
My point is more that you can't put an entire, well-reasoned argument on a sign. You can do that in a brochure to some degree, but the best way to convince someone is through discussion.

I despised the Cindy Sheehan types. Anti-war protestors turned me off to the idea that we should get out. It took reason. And time.

The older I get, I almost think that the function of leftists is to give the anti-war message a bad name and the function of rightists is to give the free-market a bad name. They weigh down their good points with so much statism, intolerance, etc. that it's any wonder people are able to separate the wheat (liberty) from the chaff (statism).

LibertyEagle
06-24-2007, 06:07 PM

Me too! If many of these people are conservatives, if they see anti-war signs, they are going to immediately think "LIBERALS". I strongly think we should stay away from the anti-war placards.

Bradley in DC
06-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Me too! If many of these people are conservatives, if they see anti-war signs, they are going to immediately think "LIBERALS". I strongly think we should stay away from the anti-war placards.

I think we can square the circle with "Christians uphold the Just War Theory" or something more simple, catchy, fits on a sign.

mdh
06-24-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm not a Christian, but you can be sure I'll be playing up the "good christian" angle when I talk to some little old people who are attending the ITR/ICA forum. I'm not selling myself, or my lack of Christianity, I'm selling Dr. Paul for president... :p

JoshLowry
06-24-2007, 06:57 PM
Good rally sign:

My hero list:

1. Jesus
2. Dad
3. Ron Paul

LibertyEagle
06-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Yes. This would probably go over quite well in this audience.

RJB
06-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I think war protesters do more harm to their movement than anyone. Shrilly screaming chants, burning flags, wearing black mask (they remind me of klansmen) they really turn off most people. (I know that's not most, but it's the loudest people like ANSWER etc.) I'm against this war but after seeing a war protest up close I have no desire to be in a "War Protest." I know that none of us are planning on doing a protest like that, but any "protest" would be seen as that.

I think this should be a celebration of life and liberty. We should be upbeat and truthful like Ron Paul in a debate.

Noodles
06-24-2007, 07:52 PM
Something I've thought about all day: Whatever signs we (hopefully we;) ) display in Iowa, I think it is IMPERATIVE that we have just as many American Flags also. Sometimes I personally find all the flag-waving a little on the cheesy side, but if we're being labelled "fringe", then we need to counter that with waves and waves of Old Glory. It will speak volumes about who we really are. We are the real Patriots, and if we carry the flag like we all love and respect what it still stands for, people will take notice, and feel less threatened. Face it, we are saying the exact opposite of every other candidate in this race. They don't trust us. I think a massive display of the Stars and Stripes will serve us well in gaining the trust of the unwashed masses.

Bradley in DC
06-24-2007, 07:55 PM
How about this from the Burma shave thread?

Originally Posted by nayjevin
It's Leadership...

This country lacks...

Defend our Borders...

Not Iraq's!

RonPaul2008.com

LibertyEagle
06-24-2007, 09:19 PM
oooh... that's good, Bradley.

I think the flag idea is a good one too, Noodles. Most definitely.

denvervoipguru
06-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Regardless of what some people think, we CAN and SHOULD target our message a bit...I would prefer NOT to see a sea of "No Blood for Oil Signs"

The best appeal I see with Republicans is this...

"Ron paul is the most conservative member of Congress...He's never voted to....never voted to...never voted to..."

"Oh, and by the way...he's the only chance "we" have of not getting clobberred by the Democrats like we did last year... 82% of Americans think the 450Billion dollars we've spent in Iraq wa a mistake, and Ron Paul beats Hillary and Obama on that issue because he voted against the war while they were voting for it."

Something like that.

Bradley in DC
06-24-2007, 09:23 PM
oooh... that's good, Bradley.

I think the flag idea is a good one too, Noodles. Most definitely.

Thanks, but I copied it:

Originally Posted by nayjevin

nayjevin
06-25-2007, 05:17 AM
I have combined my original post, and some others, with additions, and I reposted the whole thing in 'strategies for success' here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=36626#post36626

Trance Dance Master
06-25-2007, 05:34 AM
How about signs that say "Abolish The IRS!". After all, the people that are going to be there want tax relief. Show them that Ron Paul will give them that.

kevinh-SD
06-25-2007, 10:16 PM
I agree with everyone on what we should not promote (at this event)
Not Drug Peace, Not Iraq Peace, Not Tax Peace. Not any specific plank in Ron Paul's Platform.

There are too many to choose from, They are too complex, it is too easy to offend this one, or not support strongly enough for that one.

The MSM and other campaigns have been hitting us with the (fringe, small, internet spammer) meme for over a month now. We need to counter that here and now. We need to prove that Ron Paul has more (and more comitted) supporters.

The message is REAL simple -

Ron Paul's support is REAL, and it is HUGE.

Some ideas off the top of my head (please feel free to rush them or flush them)

I am not a spammer.
I am not the fringe.
I am not a nut.
I am not alone. (I kinda like this one)
I am a real person.

Mainstream Americans for Ron Paul.
We aren't just the internet.
We're bigger than the internet. (from the NH rally chants)
Ron Paul is very credible to me.

I just know this next one will not render well in this forum, a
play on RP/RP - Ron Paul / Real People

Real People
o a
n u
l

(or Ron Paul across and Real People down, I don't care)

Real People 4 Ron Paul.
Ron Paul 4 Real People.

Ron Paul has my full support.
We are legion, hear us roar (ok, maybe not at a Christian event... :p )
He can't poll if they won't ask. (maybe we should save this point for talking to reporters.)

Does this LOOK like just a few people?

I donate real money to the Ron Paul Campaign.
www.RonPaul2008.com

Bring extra signs. If you see a truther, a peacer, a drugger, (especially one is going to be embarassing to Ron Paul if recorded by the MSM) Then give that person one of your extra signs, and explain that we need to have a unified message. Don't attack them, don't call them an embarrassment (they aren't embarrassing, they will just be portrayed that way.) Just point out that until Ron Paul is taken as a serious candidate, their pet issue will get no traction.

First we have to be unified, then we can pursue our own agendas.

If anyone asks about you, be honest, you came from over (insert actual number of miles) to show people that Ron Paul isn't just an internet phenomenom. We aren't here to force our candidate on anyone in Iowa, we just wanted to prove that we are real people and Ron Paul has Real support.

Later,

Kevin

kevinh-SD
06-25-2007, 10:26 PM
I agree with everyone on what we should not promote (at this event)
Not Drug Peace, Not Iraq Peace, Not Tax Peace. Not any specific plank in Ron Paul's Platform.

There are too many to choose from, They are too complex, it is too easy to offend this one, or not support strongly enough for that one.

The MSM and other campaigns have been hitting us with the (fringe, small, internet spammer) meme for over a month now. We need to counter that here and now. We need to prove that Ron Paul has more (and more comitted) supporters.

The message is REAL simple -

Ron Paul's support is REAL, and it is HUGE.

Some ideas off the top of my head (please feel free to rush them or flush them)

I am not a spammer.
I am not the fringe.
I am not a nut.
I am not alone. (I kinda like this one)
I am a real person.

Mainstream Americans for Ron Paul.
We aren't just the internet.
We're bigger than the internet. (from the NH rally chants)
Ron Paul is very credible to me.

I just know this next one will not render well in this forum, a
play on RP/RP - Ron Paul / Real People

Real
o
n

People
a
u
l

(or Ron Paul across and Real People down, I don't care)

Real People 4 Ron Paul.
Ron Paul 4 Real People.

Ron Paul has my full support.
We are legion, hear us roar (ok, maybe not at a Christian event... :p )
He can't poll if they won't ask. (maybe we should save this point for talking to reporters.)

Does this LOOK like just a few people?

I donate real money to the Ron Paul Campaign.
www.RonPaul2008.com

Bring extra signs. If you see a truther, a peacer, a drugger, (especially one is going to be embarassing to Ron Paul if recorded by the MSM) Then give that person one of your extra signs, and explain that we need to have a unified message. Don't attack them, don't call them an embarrassment (they aren't embarrassing, they will just be portrayed that way.) Just point out that until Ron Paul is taken as a serious candidate, their pet issue will get no traction.

First we have to be unified, then we can pursue our own agendas.

If anyone asks about you, be honest, you came from over (insert actual number of miles) to show people that Ron Paul isn't just an internet phenomenom. We aren't here to force our candidate on anyone in Iowa, we just wanted to prove that we are real people and Ron Paul has Real support.

Later,

Kevin

kevinh-SD
06-25-2007, 10:28 PM
didn't mean to post it twice, just trying to clean up the formatting.

fjoe1957
06-26-2007, 08:38 AM
Hello,

If anybody is driving to Iowa for the Iowa rally on
June 30th and pasting near Covington,In.
(Interstate 74/63) please e-mail me.......... fjoe1957@yahoo.com
will help paid for gas

Fred Guerra
Covington,In.

Annie
06-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Sent this to the Iowa Des Moines Meet-up Group:

We have many Meetup members coming to your neighborhood for the events on June 30th. Some are driving more than 4.5 hours from our area and some are coming from as far as MT and TX meetup groups to support Ron Paul. We also want to show the managed media that Ron Paul is supported by actual people! We can't wait to meet YOU ALL on June the 30th!

Photo Opportunity: BE THE MEDIA : We want to get a bird's eye view of the entire Ron Paul support group with Ron in the middle surrounded by your group from IOWA. Let your group know that we'll need AS MANY as you can to get this shot!! This is not just an image for our nation it is for the world. We are the people and we will be heard! Many photographers needed!

We'll be the folks in the Ron Paul Revolution Van from Kansas! We'll be pulling in the Iowa Events Center at HIGH NOON on Saturday!!

See ya there!
Annie Cassity
www.ronpaulkc.com

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-27-2007, 08:36 AM
This is my bumpersticker/sign idea:

I'm a Ron Paul spammer
and I vote

LibertyEagle
06-27-2007, 10:10 AM
This is my bumpersticker/sign idea:

I'm a Ron Paul spammer
and I vote

Works for me! :D

LibertyEagle
06-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Anyone know if the campaign has contacted CSPAN about being there?

acstichter
06-27-2007, 04:15 PM
I thought of this slogan:

Help sow the last seed of freedom. Ron Paul 2008.

Electrostatic
06-27-2007, 04:19 PM
This just released by the AP..... (Which means it's probably going to be picked up by enough "outlets" to affect the Google News index.)

"GOP's Paul to Crash Iowa Forum"

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/06/27/politics/p113928D03.DTL&type=politics

Note, ABC, CBS, and the Gaurdian are already parroting it... :mad:

wizardwatson
06-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Checklist:

Tan colored Toyota made patriot paraphenalia distribution vehicle - CHECK!

http://www.wizardwatson.com/ronpaul/images/dscf2877.jpg

Ron Paul rally signs with 30" stick for $2 each (OVER 1000) - CHECK!
Note: Cute girl not included

http://www.wizardwatson.com/ronpaul/images/girlwithsign.jpg

Ron Paul Bumper Stickers 100 for $10 (Over 20,000) - CHECK!

http://www.wizardwatson.com/ronpaul/images/dscf2857.jpg

Dora the Explorer Adventure Map Indicating Staging Area - CHECK!

http://www.wizardwatson.com/ronpaul/images/map.jpg

I plan to be at the red X above at approximately 12:00 NOON on Saturday, in the parking lot indicated by the red 'X'. $10 for 100 of the above stickers. $2 for a rally sign. Please bring cash or a Nintendo Wii. I may or may not have any Yard Signs available at the rally, if I do they will be $2.50 a piece. I will be driving the vehicle above and will probably tape some signs to it to make myself visible.

Questions Comments on this thread please:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=4645

That is all.

Run Ronny Run!!

Bryan in Iowa
06-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Anyone know if the campaign has contacted CSPAN about being there?

Good idea. The national office is taking care of media contacts, but I just shot a message to Joe to make sure cspan was in the loop of contacts.

Thanks...

Bryan in Iowa
06-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Checklist:

http://www.wizardwatson.com/ronpaul/images/map.jpg

I plan to be at the red X above at approximately 12:00 NOON on Saturday, in the parking lot of the Iowa capitol building. $10 for 100 of the above stickers. $2 for a rally sign. Please bring cash or a Nintendo Wii. I may or may not have any Yard Signs available at the rally, if I do they will be $2.50 a piece. I will be driving the vehicle above and will probably tape some signs to it to make myself visible.

Questions Comments on this thread please:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=4645

That is all.

Run Ronny Run!!

Loved everything Mr. Wizard...except the last pic. This is not where the staging area will be....that parking lot doesn't even exist anymore :eek:

Check the maps I posted here:

http://ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=39075&postcount=18

The pic with the Capitol shows green areas identified as public parking. The staging area will be located on the south side of the Capitol next to the very large monument.

wizardwatson
06-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Bryan I changed the photo to the East side of the building (may need to refresh browser). I get that you all are meeting by the monument, but do you think I'll be able to get a car near there, as I will have far too much paper in it to carry the signs somewhere else.

You can comment on the thread I linked to from the above post and I'll edit the posts where necessary. Also, how many people will be around that area. Anyway, maybe you should just PM me and I can call you on the phone, I'm all burnt out on forum post tag.

-David

JoshLowry
06-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Bryan I changed the photo to the East side of the building (may need to refresh browser). I get that you all are meeting by the monument, but do you think I'll be able to get a car near there, as I will have far too much paper in it to carry the signs somewhere else.

You can comment on the thread I linked to from the above post and I'll edit the posts where necessary. Also, how many people will be around that area. Anyway, maybe you should just PM me and I can call you on the phone, I'm all burnt out on forum post tag.

-David

Yea you can park near the monument. I stopped by earlier today.

There is a parking lot right next to it.

wizardwatson
06-29-2007, 11:47 PM
I was going to try to make it for the 9:00 organizers meeting but it looks like I won't get there till twelve. I had to count out 40,000 bumper stickers today and even with 3 people helping I grossly underestimated the time it would take to get everything ready for Saturday.

Anyway, I'll be there at hopefully 12:00 noon.

For anyone who might be reading this eleventh hour post I've counted out all the stickers in packs of 50, so it's fifty for five dollars. AKA 10 cents a piece. Also, I will not be bringing any yard signs as I've pretty much sold out of what I had and what I have left I will keep for the local Topeka/KC groups.

I WILL have the 1200 rally signs though.

see ya tomorrow!