PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett: Forced Ultrasounds Are 'the Way to Go'

Agorism
05-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett: Forced Ultrasounds Are 'the Way to Go'

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/pennsylvania-gov-tom-corbett-forced-ultrasou

Republican Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett is asserting that forced ultrasounds are "the way to go" if they stop women from having abortions.

Corbett had been criticized for supporting one of the most restrictive anti-abortion bills in the country because he said that women could just "close your eyes" during the mandatory ultrasound.

The bill was eventually shelved by the state House, but Corbett recently told The Seattle Times that he still supported the measure.

"I said, you can't make somebody watch it," the governor explained. "You can put the monitor in front of them but you can't make them watch it."

"I think we have over 30,000 abortions a year in Pennsylvania," he continued. "When you see that kind of number, if an ultrasound, which is not invasive at all, would convince somebody maybe to carry that baby to term and give it up for adoption and save that life, I think that’s the way to go."

An ongoing study at the University of California, San Francisco indicates that forcing a woman to view a sonogram often does not impact her decision on whether or not to have an abortion.

"Women do not have abortions because they believe the fetus is not a human or because they don’t know the truth," Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences assistant professor Tracy Weitz explained in a 2010 presentation previewing the study.

In fact, she found that 60 percent of abortion patients had previously delivered a child and most women “have abortions because of the material conditions conditions of their lives.”

FindLiberty
05-02-2012, 07:47 PM
...additionally, the soon to cum DBP (Department of Bedroom Police) could use new optical sensor technology to see right through walls and insure there is nothing illegal going on there in people's homes too. (e.g., unofficial sexual positions, illegal techniques, unmarried or same gender partners etc.) I'll sleep better knowing there is nothing improper going on in my neighborhood. If you have nothing to hide, you should trust that the DBP will be professional doing their job too.

dillo
05-02-2012, 09:21 PM
As a Pennsylvanian, I hate Corbett. Hes going to go down because of his role in the Jerry Sandusky event