PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden's Body Found?

EvilEngineer
05-02-2012, 04:28 PM
http://gizmodo.com/5906940/this-treasure-hunter-says-he-has-located-bin-ladens-body

This Treasure Hunter Says He Has Located Bin Laden’s Body
That smiling guy is Bill Warren, the Californian treasure hunter who claimed he was searching for Osama Bin Laden's dead body back in June 2011. He didn't find him then, but now he claims he has located the cadaver.
Talking to Spanish newspaper El Mundo, Warren says he has no doubt about where Osama is:

I've located where they threw him away. I'm the only one with this information. He's 200 miles to the west of the Indian city of Surat.

Warren—who claims he has discovered more than 200 shipwrecks during his career as a treasure-hunter—says that bin Laden's body is still at that same location, deep under water. His thought is that, since the Navy weighted down the bag, the body hasn't moved from where it was dropped. He is now trying to rent Russian deep diving equipment to locate his payload, and to conduct DNA tests once he finds him.

Now for the catch 22...

If it is him... congrats you just gave credit to Obama.

If it isn't him... how can you definitively prove that was the body thrown over board, and not some random body found at the bottom of the sea.

Danke
05-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Sounds like he is fundraising.

EvilEngineer
05-02-2012, 04:33 PM

Wouldn't shock me. Curious if he's got a kickstarter going for it. For a supposed seasoned treasure hunter you'd think he would already have some of the equipment needed.

TheGrinch
05-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Such utter lunacy that anyone would give credit to a president for the military catching someone, as if Obama was like "I know where that fucker is hiding".

Secondly, my ass he found Bin Laden... I don't even think they'd bother to throw a dummy body out there, and I don't know how anyone can buy that they caught him (but have no pictures to release, unlike every single other capture) and dumped him at sea, based on a complete lie about "muslim tradition".

phill4paul
05-02-2012, 04:35 PM

It'd bring more hype than Al Capone's vault. Better call Geraldo.

Zippyjuan
05-03-2012, 12:34 PM
He doesn't say he found the body yet- only that he thinks he knows where the body was thrown overboard.

I've located where they threw him away.

Finding it would be a proverbial "needle in a haystack". The body could have drifted for miles depending on currents. It could have been eaten by sea creatures or be buried in mud at the bottom. The potential search area could still cover hundreds of square miles. It took 73 years to find the Titanic and it was better known where it went down and was considerably larger (and being metal made it easier for scanners and radars to help locate it- those won't work as well on a human body).

Ender
05-03-2012, 12:41 PM
So, which body are we talkin' about- the one that was thrown in the water in 2011 or the one that died in Dec 2001? ;)

Ireland4Liberty
05-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Publicity stunt!

azxd
05-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Publicity stunt!YEP

QuickZ06
05-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Nice try pal.

FindLiberty
05-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Humor him: "Why, that's a mighty fine three headed gopher."