PDA

View Full Version : Other: Labor Unions

si4ronpaul
05-02-2012, 01:28 PM
HI there, I rarely get to this site, because I am so active in local groups at teaching the Liberty/Ron Paul message...but I turn to you guys for help....I know Liberty Rider personally, and I know how busy he is...he always suggests that I come here for answers.....So....heres my biggest obstacle with regard to large voting blocks...Labor Unions...what is Ron Pauls position? I am constantly up agaisnt this question...how does ROn Paul feel about Labor Unions..Im not talking about Government worker Unions... Im afraid that we are losing people because they are afraid of Union busting, and losing jobs to non union labor..thanks in advance

JebSanderson
05-02-2012, 01:32 PM
I don't think Ron Paul has any problem with labor unions. Everyone has a right to freely associate themselves with others and groups have the right to assembly and to advocate their causes.

What Ron Paul is against is special treatment that labor unions gets. Things such as forced unionization and using the threat of force (government or otherwise) to extort employers.

si4ronpaul
05-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Thanks Jeb...I am looking for something from him either in a statement or a speech.

JebSanderson
05-02-2012, 01:40 PM
From his issues page on ronpaul2012.com

FORCED UNIONISM VIOLATES THE CONSTITUTION

Freedom of association is one of the foundations of a free society.* The Founders clearly understood this, which is why they sought to protect this God-given right in the First Amendment.

While Ron Paul supports the right of every American to join a private sector union if they wish, he believes, like most Americans, that forcing workers to pay union dues just to get or keep a job is wrong.

Unfortunately, over 75 years ago, the right to decide freely whether or not to join a labor union was taken away from American workers by Congress.

BIG LABOR’S FORCED-DUES EMPIRE

As a result, national union bosses rake in $8 billion every year from workers who are forced to pay dues to a labor union just to provide for themselves and their families.

Then, to add insult to injury, Big Labor uses this forced-dues money to bankroll the campaigns of tax-and-spend, big government politicians all across the country like Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and Barack Obama!