PDA

View Full Version : White House Correspondents’ Dinner – A Nation Laughing Itself into Tyranny

John F Kennedy III
05-02-2012, 12:15 PM
White House Correspondents’ Dinner – A Nation Laughing Itself into Tyranny

Adan S.
Infowars.com
April 30, 2012

This weekend the White House Correspondents’ Dinner, which some have dubbed a “top-level roasting,” gave the upper crust a chance to relax, take in some humor, and reflect on Obama’s first term in office and the things he’s accomplished (or lack thereof).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6IoVSbjmTZs

With open humility, Obama displayed a lack of solemnity for the state of turmoil the country is in and added a new role to his repertoire, that of comedian.

As millions watched on, Obama proceeded to poke fun at various events throughout his term in office, attempting to redirect the nation’s anger and frustration by administering lighthearted jabs at national and worldwide events, at the expense of the American people.

He began by “reintroducing” himself to us: “My name is Barack Obama. My mother was born in Kansas. My father was born in Kenya. And I was born, of course, in Hawaii,” at which point he winked to the crowd, “trumping” Donald Trump’s missing birth certificate allegations. At the 2011 Correspondents’ Dinner he stated he would finally put an end to the rumors of his Kenyan birth by releasing his actual birth video, which then cut to Disney’s the Lion King’s opening sequence.

He mentioned his contenders for the presidential race, and namely pointed to Romney as a snob, perpetuating the left-right paradigm: “We also both have degrees from Harvard; I have one, (Romney) has two. What a snob.”

He quipped about the recent GSA over-spending scandal: “Look at this party. We have men in tuxes, women in gowns, fine wine, first-class entertainment. I was relieved to hear it was not a GSA conference.”

He even had time to acknowledge his “conspiracy oriented friends,” stating: “…to all my conspiracy-oriented friends on the right who think I’m planning to unleash some secret agenda: You’re absolutely right.”

His big finish was a joke diminishing the seriousness of the Secret Service’s most recent and public scandal: “In fact, I had a lot more material prepared, but I have to get the Secret Service home in time for their new curfew.”

While it’s hilarious to think of Hilary Clinton “drunk-texting,” there are without a doubt more important things Obama should be doing with his time. In his speech he blatantly ignored his administration’s recent passing of NDAA, which authorizes the unlawful indefinite detainment of US citizens without a trial (covered here by Infowars), and CISPA, the act allowing internet companies, from service providers to Facebook, to monitor network traffic and user data and turn it over to the federal government.

Indeed our country is long overdue to take a break for humor, but as funny as the president is, or at least his writers are, his attempt at humor comes off as a slap in the face to all who have been wrongfully arrested and detained and families suffering and struggling to make ends meet in the country they call home; not to mention it welcomes ire and contempt towards Americans who seem to “yuk it up” in the face of obvious detrimental global policies.

original article here:
http://www.infowars.com/white-house-correspondents-dinner-a-nation-laughing-itself-into-tyranny/

kcchiefs6465
05-02-2012, 03:26 PM
"This helped pressure leaders to seek more gold by conquering other nations. The people became accustomed to living beyond their means, and enjoyed the circuses and bread. Financing extravagances by conquering foreign lands seemed a logical alternative to working harder and producing more.
If this system were workable long term, American citizens would never have to work again. We too could enjoy “bread and circuses” just as the Romans did, but their gold finally ran out and the inability of Rome to continue to plunder conquered nations brought an end to her empire."- Ron Paul

This would be the "circus" he was referring to.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul303.html
IMO Ron Paul's best speech.