PDA

View Full Version : CNN Has Lowest-Rated Month In More Than A Decade In April

RonRules
05-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Good, and that's no spin::p
http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/cnn-has-its-lowest-rated-month-in-more-than-a-decade-in-april/

across-the-board declines:

John King USA at 6 PM was down 41% in the 25-54 demo. Good!

Erin Burnett Outfront at 7 PM was down 34%. She're pretty hot, so that's too bad.

Piers Morgan was down 14% at 9PM. Good!

Anderson Cooper 360 was down 8% at 8 PM and 28% at 10PM. Meh.

In primetime, CNN had its lowest rated month in nearly two years. Good!

RonRules
05-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Here's what's scary: Fox is about 3X CNN.

In comparison, leader Fox News CHannel was up 2% in total viewers (1.1 million) and 1% in 25-54 (273,000) and No.2 MSNBC was flat in total viewers (425,000) and down 5% in 25-54 (139,000).

The Goat
05-02-2012, 10:28 AM
I'm glad I don't watch fox anymore. they will be harping on this like crazy. The spin is that FOX is the only network that still appeals to the TV watching news goer (old out of touch republicans).

V3n
05-02-2012, 12:42 PM
I'm a cord-cutter and I based that decision PRIMARILY on CNN and FOX. Had they treated Ron Paul fairly, and by that I mean report accurately, I was never looking for praise and glory - had they just reported accurately, they'd still have my viewership and money.

Screw 'em - I get better, more timely, and more accurate news without them.

I like how Kathleen Madigan put it (paraphrase) - "So the news comes on at 6 with this ominous music and the question 'It's 6pm, do you know what happened in the world today?' - well, YEAH, I have the Internet, unless it happened at 5:59 - I'm good!"

Steve-in-NY
05-02-2012, 12:49 PM
I like to think the parental filters I put on all the 24/7 news channels did a little part, somehow.

seeker4sho
05-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Good, and that's no spin::p
http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/cnn-has-its-lowest-rated-month-in-more-than-a-decade-in-april/

across-the-board declines:

John King USA at 6 PM was down 41% in the 25-54 demo. Good!

Erin Burnett Outfront at 7 PM was down 34%. She're pretty hot, so that's too bad.

Piers Morgan was down 14% at 9PM. Good!

Anderson Cooper 360 was down 8% at 8 PM and 28% at 10PM. Meh.

In primetime, CNN had its lowest rated month in nearly two years. Good!

Good! I hope viewers will continue to black them out -- I did.

bolil
05-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Are they losing people to the internet or to fox?

John F Kennedy III
05-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Good. Fox has to be down alot too though.

cucucachu0000
05-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Maybe we should send some emails telling them if you want higher ratings report on ron Paul's success and put some of that drama they love syo much back into the primary and stop saying "the presumptive nominee "! Those ratings will go way back up again.

dannno
05-02-2012, 01:25 PM
People still watch too much tv.

speciallyblend
05-02-2012, 01:37 PM
f them all, CLEAN FOR MONTHS NOW:) fox,cnn and msnbc are dying and should.

jkr
05-02-2012, 01:47 PM
i rate them at a negative four...

BSU kid
05-02-2012, 02:04 PM
The worst thing is MSNBC is actually the fairest network for Ron, I mean think about it...freaking MSNBC!

Travlyr
05-02-2012, 02:26 PM
The worst thing is MSNBC is actually the fairest network for Ron, I mean think about it...freaking MSNBC!
MSNBC likely see their ratings go up when they talk about Ron Paul. Stupid news networks hiding news is stupid. It's like a restaurant that quits selling food.

The Free Hornet
05-02-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm a cord-cutter and I based that decision PRIMARILY on CNN and FOX. Had they treated Ron Paul fairly, and by that I mean report accurately, I was never looking for praise and glory - had they just reported accurately, they'd still have my viewership and money.

I like how Kathleen Madigan put it (paraphrase) - "So the news comes on at 6 with this ominous music and the question 'It's 6pm, do you know what happened in the world today?' - well, YEAH, I have the Internet, unless it happened at 5:59 - I'm good!"

+1 CUT THE CORD! This is the best way to attack the MSM. Not only will you save money, but the MSM will lower prices to retain other customers (lose even further revenue) and by bending down their growth curve, you lower their stock valuation. A lower valuation means their own stock won't go as far in mergers and acquisitions. The hunter becomes the hunted.

If cable costs $75 per month, and you pay for this with an account that earns 3% (after inflation), then it would take an investment account of $30,000 to fund the cable habit.

$30,000 * 3% = $900 = $75 * 12

Liberty74
05-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Are they losing people to the internet or to fox?

CNN is losing people mainly because they are gutter news with propaganda. FOX is not tanking.

I don't watch television much less news unless it's a video clip here or there on YouTube.

This would be an excellent time to get a 24 hour Liberty news channel to compete with FOX, CNN, and MSNBC. Now that is something I could support and would have an awesome effect on waking people up out of their zombie trance.

speciallyblend
05-02-2012, 03:24 PM
CNN is losing people mainly because they are gutter news with propaganda. FOX is not tanking.

I don't watch television much less news unless it's a video clip here or there on YouTube.

This would be an excellent time to get a 24 hour Liberty news channel to compete with FOX, CNN, and MSNBC. Now that is something I could support and would have an awesome effect on waking people up out of their zombie trance.

exactly, i would support it to.

kcchiefs6465
05-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Quit watching MSM months ago. Think of it as "This is your brain, this is brain watching MSM." *cracks egg*

jemuf
05-02-2012, 10:00 PM
When this campaign is over Ron Paul Grassroots should turn there attention to dismantling the "news" media. This would be done by raising awareness about it's methods and actions.

The "news" media is the enabler of The Establishment. "News" today is just propaganda.

Twitter hashtag: #BiasedMedia

Justinfrom1776
05-02-2012, 10:11 PM
People still watch too much tv.

No doubt, and social security provides just enough for the elderly to pay their bills and sit on the couch and watch cable news.

sylcfh
05-06-2012, 12:13 AM
CNN is a joke.

There was a problem, however. In Virginia (the only state that was a straightforward Paul vs Romney vote), Paul's vote was overwhelmingly young but not orthodox Republican in its views. His supporters were more inclined to be pro-choice on abortion, nonevangelical, and opposed to the tea party. Given that Paul is pro-life, religious, and wildly supportive of the tea party, this confirms the growing tension between the man and his movement.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/04/opinion/stanley-ron-paul/index.html

Sullivan*
05-06-2012, 12:47 AM

<3 Kathleen Madigan