PDA

View Full Version : I think we need this guy on our team. What do you think?

RonRules
05-02-2012, 09:47 AM
With all the knowledge that he's amassed with the Romney campaign, we need this guy:
Richard Grenell, openly gay Romney aide, resigns after backlash

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/openly-gay-romney-aide-resigns-backlash-202151633.html

If anybody is on the campaign reading this, please reach out for this guy.

Also I have read that Ron Paul is (supposed) to be anti-gay. I don't believe it one bit, but it will help quell this speculation.

I think he was called anti-gay because he said that "Bruno" was "gay as blases". It's sill, but it stuck.

RonRules
05-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Top comment on Yahoo:

herodotusrexx (signed in using yahoo)
"Gay Republican". Its as oxymoronic as "Jewish Nazi".

The stereotypes run deep.

sailingaway
05-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Why would a major Romney type come here? Ron isn't status quo.

lib3rtarian
05-02-2012, 09:53 AM
He could also turn out to be a mole. Without understanding the fundamental idea of liberty, it's tough to grasp Paul's message, and if you don't, you won't be able to embrace it.

jay_dub
05-02-2012, 09:54 AM
With all the knowledge that he's amassed with the Romney campaign, we need this guy:
Richard Grenell, openly gay Romney aide, resigns after backlash

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/openly-gay-romney-aide-resigns-backlash-202151633.html

If anybody is on the campaign reading this, please reach out for this guy.

Also I have read that Ron Paul is (supposed) to be anti-gay. I don't believe it one bit, but it will help quell this speculation.

I think he was called anti-gay because he said that "Bruno" was "gay as blases". It's sill, but it stuck.

Ron Paul has shown he has no anti-gay bias as evidenced by his support of Rick Sincere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me speak from my own experience as someone who has met Dr. Paul on several occasions, all of which were characterized by civility, politesse, and good humor. I have never seen any evidence from Ron Paul the man that he has a hateful thought or possesses an animus against any group or individual. He, like most libertarians, is focused on ideas, ideas principally aimed at promoting human dignity, individual liberty, and personal responsibility.

Nearly fifteen years ago, I was running for the Virginia House of Delegates (in the 49th District, then completely within Arlington County, one of the most heavily Democratic and liberal districts in the state).

The campaign took place during the period that, according to Kirchick, "Ron Paul" was making derogatory, anti-gay remarks in "his" newsletters. As it happens, I was running as an openly-gay candidate for the Virginia General Assembly. (It was my second run for that office after a previous attempt in a special election in January 1991. The same district currently has an openly-gay Democrat representing it in Richmond.)

During that 1993 campaign, Ron Paul issued a letter on my behalf, soliciting funds from libertarians and votes from constituents. (We sent the letter to both groups.) Dr. Paul (then a former Congressman) was aware I was running as an openly-gay candidate and he raised no questions, concerns, or objections. I hardly think a homophobic bigot would have sent out a fundraising letter over his own signature, endorsing (as the Washington Times stylebook would have it) an "avowed homosexual" for public office.

http://ricksincerethoughts.blogspot.com/2008/01/question-was-answered-six-years-ago.html

RonRules
05-02-2012, 10:10 AM
He could also turn out to be a mole. Without understanding the fundamental idea of liberty, it's tough to grasp Paul's message, and if you don't, you won't be able to embrace it.

You have to be cautious with anybody at first. Ask, but don't tell him stuff, obviously.

Although gay support for Ron Paul is minuscule (I presume), gays more than most should understand that liberty matters in their lives.

Grenell would be of great help in California. Utah, not so much. :)

Ron Paul is indirectly pro gay marriage by stating multiple times that the government should get out of marriage altogether.

But the main point is that he's a Romney staffer and some opposing team people are good to have. Gay or not.

The Northbreather
05-02-2012, 10:13 AM
He may have some valuable insight into Romneys plans. I don't see how it could hurt to glean information from him if he did work for the home team. I doubt the RP staff would give a new person inside info anyway.

The Northbreather
05-02-2012, 10:15 AM
You have to be cautious with anybody at first. Ask, but don't tell him stuff, obviously.

Although gay support for Ron Paul is minuscule (I presume), gays more than most should understand that liberty matters in their lives.

Grenell would be of great help in California. Utah, not so much. :)

Ron Paul is indirectly pro gay marriage by stating multiple times that the government should get out of marriage altogether.

But the main point is that he's a Romney staffer and some opposing team people are good to have. Gay or not.

Oh. beat me to it. Slow typing skill this morning.

PierzStyx
05-02-2012, 10:17 AM
"I want to thank Gov. Romney for his belief in me and my abilities and his clear message to me that being openly gay was a non-issue for him and his team."

Yeah this guy sounds like he still is pro-Romney anyway.

CJPrinter
05-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Why would a major Romney type come here? Ron isn't status quo.

EXACTLY!

While I welcomed the challenge to confront President Obama's foreign policy failures and weak leadership on the world stage, my ability to speak clearly and forcefully on the issues has been greatly diminished by the hyper-partisan discussion of personal issues that sometimes comes from a presidential campaign...I want to thank Gov. Romney for his belief in me and my abilities and his clear message to me that being openly gay was a non-issue for him and his team.

What, in that, leads you to believe he would not continue to support Romney?