PDA

View Full Version : Are there any ideas circulating for offline activity during the Tea Party?

hard@work
11-15-2007, 03:25 PM
I haven't seen anything that seems to be breaking through as far as national activities for the Tea Party event. I personally would like to see this event not just as a day to donate but a day for celebration. Has anything been coming out that seems like it might catch on nationally? Perhaps it's time to talk about this and start distributing the ideas to the meetup groups?

Micahyah
11-15-2007, 03:28 PM
My idea was to have meetup groups have positive celebrations/rallies by media outlets all over the country, to show that Paul's support is not just online, but OFFLINE and everywhere.

JordanL
11-15-2007, 03:33 PM
Are there any ideas circulating for offline activity during the Tea Party?
I haven't seen anything that seems to be breaking through as far as national activities for the Tea Party event. I personally would like to see this event not just as a day to donate but a day for celebration. Has anything been coming out that seems like it might catch on nationally? Perhaps it's time to talk about this and start distributing the ideas to the meetup groups?

Yeah, the site I just launched, http://ondecember15th.com is helping organize events before and during the tea party.

Here in Oregon we are looking at going to the local town square, brewing some nice, hot tea for passers by, and having laptops set up on our wifi network to donate on the spot.

The important thing is to wear our voter hats and not our protester hats. Protesting is important, but this is not the place or time for it. We are advocating a candidate, and others are far more likely to vote with you than to protest with you.

The message on the 15th and 16th should be mostly positive. :)

hard@work
11-15-2007, 04:18 PM
Ouch thought there'd be more than this. Anyone else have anything going on, or any ideas?

jb4ronpaul
11-15-2007, 04:29 PM
In Columbus we are looking at renting out an ship and doing a tea party reeactment, prompted by us hearing a CA group doing some similar.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/151/messages/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3808519

starts with 5th post

Sematary
11-15-2007, 04:30 PM
The Boston meetup has something going on. Contact them for ideas

JordanL
11-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Ouch thought there'd be more than this. Anyone else have anything going on, or any ideas?

That's the whole point of the site, to help promote and come up with ideas. :)

isrow
11-15-2007, 05:18 PM
I plan on going door to door and asking people to give me 5 minutes to watch a video of Ron Paul on my laptop. I think the unusual request in addition to the ongoing money bomb is sure to get some people's attention. This is a good idea for small meetup groups that can't get the force together to stage a rally or re-enactment.