05-02-2012, 07:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXj7YfLRx5I&feature=share

Brave Woman. Cheer for a Patriot.

DonovanJames
05-02-2012, 07:25 AM
In Soviet America...

Philosophy_of_Politics
05-02-2012, 07:26 AM
They can carry us away. But they do not silence us.

MelissaCato
05-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Brave lady .. this video needs 2 go viral.

jmag
05-02-2012, 07:38 AM
ttt

Occam's Banana
05-02-2012, 07:49 AM
Notice how - at the end of the clip - Counterterrorism Man continues to prattle about how *Al-Qaeda* is losing face due its killing of innocents.

Head, meet sand. Sand, head.

Philosophy_of_Politics
05-02-2012, 07:54 AM
Notice how - at the end of the clip - Counterterrorism Man continues to prattle about how *Al-Qaeda* is losing face due its killing of innocents.

Head, meet sand. Sand, head.

The war on terror =/= the war on freedom.

ryanmkeisling
05-02-2012, 08:33 AM
This country needs 2 million of her and it isn't going to take to much longer...

JK/SEA
05-02-2012, 08:39 AM
who was she?....we need to know.

Paulistinian
05-02-2012, 08:41 AM
wow.

tasteless
05-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Is that Medea Benjamin?

phill4paul
05-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Civil disobedience and interruption of government drivel with truth at ALL levels is to be commended and encouraged. Did this make it 'live' on CSPAN? I certainly hope so.

EndTheFed
05-02-2012, 09:19 AM
I COMPLETELY disagree with this...

There is a time and place for civil dis obedience but we win people to our side NOT by this at this time... If you want to be heard you (at this point) have freedom of speech. Create your own platform... Don't interupt and just be obnoxious... That puts people off... and does more harm than good

Philosophy_of_Politics
05-02-2012, 09:26 AM

There is a time and place for civil dis obedience but we win people to our side NOT by this at this time... If you want to be heard you (at this point) have freedom of speech. Create your own platform... Don't interupt and just be obnoxious... That puts people off... and does more harm than good

I do not believe anything is wrong with this. Why? Publicly calling out someone who is lying with a straight face to the public. That's how they distort public perception. The truth needs to be exposed, which is the entire idea of why we exist as a movement. There's nothing greater in this struggle, than transparency, and revealing the truth to all who are willing to listen. Those who are willing to listen, will realize that you're not so free, when a police officer carries you out with his arm laying over your throat for expressing your 1st amendment rights.

DonovanJames
05-02-2012, 09:27 AM
I COMPLETELY dis agree with this...

If they can't plainly see it now, more than likely they never will. I applaud her courage and non-violent intervention during what I saw as a lambasting of propaganda to the public. Plant the seeds of doubt of those in power and harvest the crops of liberty years from now.

This generation shall pass and what is left standing are those who are willing to turn off the T.V. and say "No Thank You"

EndTheFed
05-02-2012, 09:33 AM
I do not believe anything is wrong with this. Why? Publicly calling out someone who is lying with a straight face to the public. That's how they distort public perception. The truth needs to be exposed, which is the entire idea of why we exist as a movement. There's nothing greater in this struggle, than transparency, and revealing the truth to all who are willing to listen. Those who are willing to listen, will realize that you're not so free, when a police officer carries you out with his arm laying over your throat for expressing your 1st amendment rights.

Hmmm are you an anarchist? "the entire idea of why we exist as a movement" ? I've been involved since 2007... It is not the entire reason I am here... so please.... stop trying to speak for me..

Thanks..

EndTheFed
05-02-2012, 09:36 AM
If they can't plainly see it now, more than likely they never will. I applaud her courage and non-violent intervention during what I saw as a lambasting of propaganda to the public. Plant the seeds of doubt of those in power and harvest the crops of liberty years from now.

This generation shall pass and what is left standing are those who are willing to turn off the T.V. and say "No Thank You"

That is one way to look at it... It also may turn people off for good instead of patiently reasoning with them.... Do you see Dr Paul doing this? I think not.. He waits his turn to speak on the house floor... Hell why don't he just go on the floor and filibuster til they drag him out... It is because there is a better way...

jcarcinogen
05-02-2012, 09:40 AM
It turns me off to hear them put out this narrative that I've been hearing on Fox and CNN that al Qaeda was worried about its 'image' with Muslims. What a crock and obviously some psyop that the government guy at the microphone was dutifully propagating.

Philosophy_of_Politics
05-02-2012, 09:40 AM
Hmmm are you an anarchist? "the entire idea of why we exist as a movement" ? I've been involved since 2007... It is not the entire reason I am here... so please.... stop trying to speak for me..

Thanks..

If you're not here to present the truth, what are you here for? Would you consider a message of freedom, peace, morality, to not be worthy of being considered truth? I do not believe that "protest" or "civil disobedience" is a sign of Anarchy. Nor do I like the "labeling" tactic, when anarchy itself has multiple definitions depending on the culture from which it's commonly known in.

But, I digress, you are being overly sensitive.

EndTheFed
05-02-2012, 09:45 AM
If you're not here to present the truth, what are you here for? Would you consider a message of freedom, peace, morality, to not be worthy of being considered truth? I do not believe that "protest" or "civil disobedience" is a sign of Anarchy. Nor do I like the "labeling" tactic, when anarchy itself has multiple definitions depending on the culture from which it's commonly known in.

But, I digress, you are being overly sensitive.

So you believe it is fine to disrupt someone else's meeting to put forth your "truth"... So when someone disagrees with your "truth" can they come in and disrupt your meet-up group and not yield to you? Is that ok too?

EndTheFed
05-02-2012, 09:47 AM
It turns me off to hear them put out this narrative that I've been hearing on Fox and CNN that al Qaeda was worried about its 'image' with Muslims. What a crock and obviously some psyop that the government guy at the microphone was dutifully propagating.

Who is "them" I said nothing about worrying about an image... I said we need to try to WIN people over not alienating them if possible.

seraphson
05-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Where did they take her? Room 101? The way she was simply trouncing ignorance in such a short battle was astonishing. Let's hope the other proles get a clue.

Nirvikalpa
05-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Is that Medea Benjamin?

Yes it is. Co-founder of CODEPINK.

I hope they're again beginning to realize that even if the POTUS has a (D) next to their name it doesn't make their aggressive attacks against other nations right.

Philosophy_of_Politics
05-02-2012, 10:10 AM
So you believe it is fine to disrupt someone else's meeting to put forth your "truth"... So when someone disagrees with your "truth" can they come in and disrupt your meet-up group and not yield to you? Is that ok too?

If they're spreading propaganda, and depriving the American public of an honest representation of government. Then . . . yes.

Occam's Banana
05-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Hmmm are you an anarchist?

Anarchist? What does any of this have to do with being (or not being) an anarchist? :confused:

It also may turn people off for good instead of patiently reasoning with them.... Do you see Dr Paul doing this? I think not.. He waits his turn to speak on the house floor... Hell why don't he just go on the floor and filibuster til they drag him out... It is because there is a better way...

- It may indeed turn some people off. But those it turns off "for good" were probably never going to be persuaded anyway. Rejecting a message becuase of the form in which it was delivered - rather than because of its content - is a hallmark of irrationalism.

- The fact that Ron Paul doesn't do something does not make it illegitimate.

- The floor of the US House of Representatives is not a public forum (see below) ...

Yes, it is OK ... *IF* it is a public forum (as this event was).

If you (or they) don't want to deal with the possibility that your (or their) event might be subject to this kind of civilly-disobedient disruption, then you (or they) should hold the event in private.

Noblegeorge
05-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Brave and true. America needs more like her.

PierzStyx
05-02-2012, 10:26 AM

So...you expect us to win by playing by their rules?

And she wasn't just obnoxious. There was a lot to think about in what she said, in a clear calm voice. Hopefully those who were listening had it prick their hearts.

PierzStyx
05-02-2012, 10:34 AM

That is what civil disobedience is. And Dr. Paul supports it. He has repeatedly said his heroes are Martin Luther King Jr and Gandhi, among others. Both of whom lead followings that disrupted public forums, public business, public government, and the public peace to get their message across.

Thor
05-02-2012, 10:34 AM

If they're spreading propaganda, and depriving the American public of an honest representation of government. Then . . . yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zfqw8nhUwA

frodus24
05-02-2012, 10:35 AM
One last disguise

Pawns standing in awe of the game
Of the stage
You've worked so hard at building an empire
Of secret rooms to display yourself
And add to your wealth
The sting of.
Oh, it stings
When I saw it all come crashing
I witnessed the sound of a million voices
Screaming for a public hanging

So hide yourself, hide, hide yourself for now. (2x)

We caught you plotting murder
And now the Tide is Turning
We'll light our souls, heal our bones
Upon your empire burning (2x)

When the world is a target for humanity's market
And all of it's sold for a dime
I've seen the towers of gods
And the power of men
In disguises of the worst kind
I am the words on the page
I am the death among life today
I am the voice of one among the silent
Who's tired of burning among the flames

I do not need anymore truthless heroes (3x)
We don't need no truthless heroes

I need truth

A great song by Project 86. I feel the lyrics are somewhat applicable to the movement.

No1butPaul
05-02-2012, 10:50 AM
And how is it that Jane Harmon (the woman on the panel that took to the mic) still has a job employed by the American people?

Salon.com (04/20/09)

Major scandal erupts involving Rep. Jane Harman, Alberto Gonzales and AIPACRep. Jane Harman , the California Democrat with a longtime involvement in intelligence issues, was overheard on an NSA wiretap telling a suspected Israeli agent that she would lobby the Justice Department to reduce espionage-related charges against two officials of the American Israeli Public Affairs Committee, the most powerful pro-Israel organization in Washington.

Harman was recorded saying she would “waddle into” the AIPAC case “if you think it’ll make a difference,” according to two former senior national security officials familiar with the NSA transcript.

In exchange for Harman’s help, the sources said, the suspected Israeli agent pledged to help lobby Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., then-House minority leader, to appoint Harman chair of the Intelligence Committee after the 2006 elections, which the Democrats were heavily favored to win.

Seemingly wary of what she had just agreed to, according to an official who read the NSA transcript, Harman hung up after saying, “This conversation doesn’t exist.”

kuckfeynes
05-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Let's see... All the blatant atrocities committed by the state... Versus a momentary non-violent act that may be considered by some an infringement of property rights.

Geez, how am I ever going to pick a side? :rolleyes:

DerailingDaTrain
05-02-2012, 11:12 AM

If I wasn't telling the truth I'd be delighted for someone to inform me and to tell others.

ChristopherShelley
05-02-2012, 11:40 AM
So brave. Shared.

Tyler_Durden
05-02-2012, 11:47 AM
She is now ranked high on the NDAA list.

Thor
05-02-2012, 11:48 AM
She is now ranked high on the NDAA list.

And probably the TSA No Fly list.

EndTheFed
05-02-2012, 12:07 PM

What if in their opinion you are "spreading propaganda, and depriving the American public of an honest representation of government"? Don't they (in your world) have the right to disrupt you?

That is anarchy...

EndTheFed
05-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Anarchist? What does any of this have to do with being (or not being) an anarchist? :confused:

- It may indeed turn some people off. But those it turns off "for good" were probably never going to be persuaded anyway. Rejecting a message becuase of the form in which it was delivered - rather than because of its content - is a hallmark of irrationalism.

- The fact that Ron Paul doesn't do something does not make it illegitimate.

- The floor of the US House of Representatives is not a public forum (see below) ...

Yes, it is OK ... *IF* it is a public forum (as this event was).

If you (or they) don't want to deal with the possibility that your (or their) event might be subject to this kind of civilly-disobedient disruption, then you (or they) should hold the event in private.

And then you would accuse them of having some secret meeting.... :)

EndTheFed
05-02-2012, 12:12 PM

And she wasn't just obnoxious. There was a lot to think about in what she said, in a clear calm voice. Hopefully those who were listening had it prick their hearts.

Well I suppose obnoxiousness is in the eye of the beholder... No I would assume they only thought she was being a prick...

EndTheFed
05-02-2012, 12:14 PM
That is what civil disobedience is. And Dr. Paul supports it. He has repeatedly said his heroes are Martin Luther King Jr and Gandhi, among others. Both of whom lead followings that disrupted public forums, public business, public government, and the public peace to get their message across.

He might support it at given times and given places but you don't see him engaging in it at this point do you? Haven't see him arrested or removed yet!

DisabledVet
05-02-2012, 12:20 PM
What would have been awesome is if she had 5 or so other people on her team. As soon as she got drug out the door the next one stands up and continues on...he gets drug out...then the next one stands up and continues. That would throw them for a loop :D.

I love how she spread eagles at the door at the end...lol

Her speech ended perfectly as the door closed like it was a movie or something.

EndTheFed
05-02-2012, 12:21 PM
If I wasn't telling the truth I'd be delighted for someone to inform me and to tell others.

That gets into a whole other conversation about what is truth which I will not go into here. The truth you talk about is your "truth"... Now probably alot of my "truth" would agree with your "truth" but there are other people in the world... I believe we pretty much believe in as little government as possible... Leave me alone as much as possible. There are other people who are people too... You owe them as much respect (as humans) as you expect. You can't tell them how to live and be consistent...

EndTheFed
05-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Yall are out of your frickin minds and you DONT represent Ron Paul's values... You distort them. I'm done with this... Good luck with your techniques...

Hell I guess it is too hot for snowballs.... That did us a lot of good

phill4paul
05-02-2012, 12:24 PM
He might support it at given times and given places but you don't see him engaging in it at this point do you? Haven't see him arrested or removed yet!

This conference was nothing but full-on propaganda. If you are fine with the government lying to the American people while refusing to accept their role in the killing of innocents then I have no problem with that. Others feel the need to speak out.
What she did has nothing to do with OMG :eek: ANARCHY! It was CIVIL-disobedience. Pure and simple. She spoke truth against the propaganda. I rather doubt she would have had the stage on CSPAN, unlike the government propaganda machine, otherwise.

azxd
05-02-2012, 12:26 PM

Shall we ignore the election process, or work within the system ?

twomp
05-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Yall are out of your frickin minds and you DONT represent Ron Paul's values... You distort them. I'm done with this... Good luck with your techniques...

Hell I guess it is too hot for snowballs.... That did us a lot of good

And who is the judge of whether or not someone represents Ron Paul's values? You? Who made you the judge? So you're saying Ron Paul wouldn't have done this. Are you also saying then that Ron Paul would have that lady silenced and removed as well? Since you are the judge of Ron Paul's values and all you would know right?

tod evans
05-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Geezus ya'll........

Sure that woman had guts........Yes she spoke the truth...

And......yes it's impolite to interrupt.

I don't behave in that manner simply because I don't want people being impolite to me.

We all give Ron Paul credit for letting protesters speak their mind at his rallys..

Ron has lots more patience than I do!

LKMN
05-02-2012, 01:40 PM
For the record, you can't really use Ron Paul as a comparison in situations like this. Ron Paul has a voice, and a platform from which to speak. The average citizen does not get many chances to be heard, and so, sometimes they must take more extreme measures to make that happen.
Not condoning or condemning - just pointing out the fact that just because RP doesn't do it, doesn't make it wrong.
-He simply doesn't have to.

LKMN
05-02-2012, 01:43 PM
On another note - anyone notice that the video has more likes than it does views? Pretty fishy.

puppetmaster
05-02-2012, 01:44 PM
:D

that's all I have to show

puppetmaster
05-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Geezus ya'll........

I don't behave in that manner simply because I don't want people being impolite to me.

We all give Ron Paul credit for letting protesters speak their mind at his rallys..

she said excuse me......

phill4paul
05-02-2012, 01:46 PM
she said excuse me......

/thread

tod evans
05-02-2012, 01:46 PM
she said excuse me......

+rep

Occam's Banana
05-02-2012, 03:01 PM

And then you would accuse them of having some secret meeting.... :)
Ah. OK. I see. You're one of those people who puts words into other people's mouths - rather than address anything that they actually said.

Now, what was it you were lecturing us about?

Oh, yes, I remember! You were teaching us about inappropriate tactics of persuasion ...

:rolleyes:

The Northbreather
05-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Thank you brave citizen for your focused words of truth in the face of tyranny. They will not be in vain.

speciallyblend
05-02-2012, 03:28 PM
who was she?....we need to know.

exactly i am so proud of her. who is this lady. She is a true patriot and american. tears of joy

CaptainAmerica
05-02-2012, 03:31 PM
that is the code pink woman. medeabenjamin is for hardcore socialism . She lines up with green party. "I was here when glenn beck was here and it was a sea of white people"...right good way to define a rally. I don't like Glenn Beck but whats her point? She was there for the Van Jones rally..because he was for "clean energy" aka green party platform of socialism. I get the idea that shes just a shill.

http://www.mrctv.org/videos/medea-benjamin-van-jones-comment-one-nation-rally

speciallyblend
05-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Geezus ya'll........

she should of used a drone on them, that wouldn't be rude. your good comedy though

speciallyblend
05-02-2012, 03:36 PM
that is the code pink woman. medeabenjamin is for hardcore socialism . She lines up with green party. "I was here when glenn beck was here and it was a sea of white people"...right good way to define a rally. I don't like Glenn Beck but whats her point? She was there for the Van Jones rally..because he was for "clean energy" aka green party platform of socialism. I get the idea that shes just a shill.

http://www.mrctv.org/videos/medea-benjamin-van-jones-comment-one-nation-rally

nothing wrong with socialists at the local level if folks approve co-ops, community farms etc as long as it is not by gov force. I have no problem with local socialists as long as they are not using gov force and it is on issues a majority of local voters agree on. (
co-op workplaces, food-shares, community gardens, charitable donations and anything else they organize) is a good thing and voluntary).

NoOneButPaul
05-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Amazing...she brought it together at the end perfectly.

Barrex
05-02-2012, 04:19 PM
First thing that came on my mind was: Is there a chart on how many innocent people terrorists killed and how many innocent people US government killed.
Something like this:

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
- .................................................. ..................... -
US government........................................ ...... terrorists

*I am from Croatia.

speciallyblend
05-02-2012, 04:20 PM
First thing that came on my mind was: Is there a chart on how many innocent people terrorists killed and how many innocent people US government killed.
Something like this:

*I am from Croatia.

hmm i am not seeing anything in your chart looks blank to me??

Carson
05-02-2012, 04:22 PM
She was great!

Carson
05-02-2012, 04:25 PM
hmm i am not seeing anything in your chart looks blank to me??

I'm seeing it. The innocents side looks way short by my estimation.

But maybe we should stand back and redefine terrorist. ?

Here is the link to just one of the countries we've illegally invaded with these monstrosities. Check out how almost all of the victims were called "Militant" in the charts. What'd they do shake a tiny fist at the sky?

http://counterterrorism.newamerica.net/drones

deadfish
05-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Wow.

How do you save youtube videos? I have a hunch this one won't be around for long.

Carson
05-02-2012, 04:37 PM
nothing wrong with socialists at the local level if folks approve co-ops, community farms etc as long as it is not by gov force. I have no problem with local socialists as long as they are not using gov force and it is on issues a majority of local voters agree on. (
co-op workplaces, food-shares, community gardens, charitable donations and anything else they organize) is a good thing and voluntary).

This revolution reminds me of the way people gathered together in the sixties. Lots of people with lots of views but we all just got along. I think we are going to work through our differences this time also.

The spread eagle was a classic move for anyone that grew up with brothers and sisters. She certainly looked like family at that moment.

Once upon a time... or maybe twice. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbEPsz7RwV4)

RPtotheWH
05-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Its her right to freedom of speech at a public event. I love how the .gov never addresses any issue that would show they are lying, they just ignore it and carry on. If someone is using their freedom of speech to lie, then we must combat it with truth.

"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson.

Noble Savage
05-02-2012, 05:22 PM
I believe she was in spirit...maybe a fallen soldier speaking through her

talkingpointes
05-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Damn, she made it out till the end. That was a fantastic job.

Philosophy_of_Politics
05-02-2012, 07:04 PM
What if in their opinion you are "spreading propaganda, and depriving the American public of an honest representation of government"? Don't they (in your world) have the right to disrupt you?

That is anarchy...

If I'm spreading lies, whether intentionally or unintentionally, I would want someone to interrupt me and/or give me a reality check.

twomp
05-02-2012, 07:41 PM
bravo to this woman!

cstarace
05-02-2012, 07:45 PM
This is excellent. I don't like Code Pink, but on this issue, Benjamin is right on. Kudos to her, I'm sure it's a nerve-wracking experience.

Origanalist
05-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Well, she made her point quite well I would say. I think I need to share this with a few people.

Origanalist
05-02-2012, 07:56 PM

+1

kcchiefs6465
05-02-2012, 08:03 PM
I was watching this on CSPAN the other night. I am kind of disappointed I shut it off. (before this happened) I've read a few comments disagreeing with her actions.. well maybe if FOX or CNN or MSNBC or any other news station gave her 30 seconds to speak the truth (or better yet, if they just reported the truth) she wouldn't have to resort to interrupting on CSPAN. I do salute this woman.

Anti Federalist
05-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Hmmm...

Let me see if I have this right, from at least the perspective of some folks:

1 - Booing? Nope.

2 - Interrupting? Nien.

3 - Create a ruckus? No way.

4 - Snowballs? That is right out.

5 - Any form of civil disobedience or public outrage at the lies and the murders and filth and the corruption of what passes for "our" government, that might conceivably offend even in the slightest the most sensitive of hanky wringers? Nyet.

Got it.

I'll fit right in, now.

http://www.bilerico.com/2008/09/sleeping-for-mccain.jpg

tod evans
05-02-2012, 08:35 PM
5 - Any form of civil disobedience or public outrage at the lies and the murders and filth and the corruption of what passes for "our" government, that might conceivably offend even in the slightest the most sensitive of hanky wringers? Nyet.

Effective civil disobedience;

http://xf4.xanga.com/956f14e538132216833835/w169673531.jpg

phill4paul
05-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Hmmm...

1 - Booing? Nope.

2 - Interrupting? Nien.

Got it.

I'll fit right in, now.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

cstarace
05-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Hmmm...

1 - Booing? Nope.

2 - Interrupting? Nien.

Got it.

I'll fit right in, now.

Mmm... now that's a crowd I want to be a part of.