PDA

View Full Version : Sending a Message to the delegates at the Republican National Convention

mello
05-01-2012, 10:49 PM
I just had an idea that I wanted to share. Now that Ron Paul has enough States to officially have his name put into the nomination process, I was thinking of ways to lean delegates towards Ron Paul. I remembered that at the last Republican National Convention in Minnesota, Ron Paul had his own convention that had more people show up to his convention than the official RNC.

I would love to see the delegates show up to the National Convention in Florida to find it literally surrounded with Ron Paul supporters chanting:

"VOTE RON PAUL!!!"

And I don't mean a couple thousand Ron Paul supporters wearing the same Ron Paul shirt, I'm talking TENS of THOUSANDS of supporters. Not only would it be magnificent to see but maybe it would be enough to place that seed of doubt in the delegates heads that Romney is not the guy that should get the nomination. It would be totally worth it to fly down if that would be enough of a push to put Ron over the top.

Sentinelrv
05-01-2012, 11:04 PM
I completely agree and I was thinking about this earlier. We need to start organizing to reach as many supporters as possible to come and stand outside the convention to greet the delegates. If things don't go smooth for Romney, this massive outpouring of people and a speech from Ron Paul himself could be all it takes to change some minds. Can you imagine what would be going on in these people's heads as they show up to be greeted by 10-20,000 (or more?) Ron Paul supporters? That would be a powerful message.

Maximus
05-01-2012, 11:10 PM
The police state will be in full effect, what makes you think we'll get close?

sailingaway
05-01-2012, 11:14 PM
I think chanting would really turn everyone except our own people off -- and even some of our own people. I don't think it pulls outsiders towards us, honestly.

Maximus
05-01-2012, 11:23 PM
I think chanting would really turn everyone except our own people off -- and even some of our own people. I don't think it pulls outsiders towards us, honestly.

Unfortunately, I think we'd look like a bunch of "Occupiers" to them. Whether we look like them or not.

Sentinelrv
05-01-2012, 11:26 PM
The police state will be in full effect, what makes you think we'll get close?

What do you think they would do about a crowd of 20,000 people outside? That's a lot.

kah13176
05-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Will there still be a military march?

mello
05-02-2012, 01:01 AM
Didn't 10,000+ people show up for Ron Paul's Rally for the Republic in 2008? I wouldn't be surprised if we could pull 3-4 times as many this time around!

kathy88
05-02-2012, 04:14 AM
I personally love the idea, it's been discussed before. Logistically, it will be nearly impossible to find lodging close. Plus, it's Tampa in August. Have you ever spent any time outside in Florida in August? Snowbirds would be dropping like flies.

digitaldean
05-02-2012, 04:57 AM
The amount of people who show up in FL might be enough to change some minds to Paul.

tuggy24g
05-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Well you have to think about this too. A good number of the Romney delegates are not just average people like you and me who want a president to fix this country. The Romney delegates are high office republicans like State Representatives, local city Governors, Committee person, and chair person. Those people could care less about what we have to say or want. They want Romney no matter what the mass majority want. Those will be the people we are going to try and have to persuade.

CaptUSA
05-02-2012, 08:10 AM
Those people could care less about what we have to say or want. They want Romney no matter what the mass majority want.
Actually, they don't really care about Romney. But they do care about their careers.

I witnessed this firsthand in PA. If you want to move up in the GOP to a higher office, you must play ball and support who they want you to support. Otherwise, they will throw you under the bus.

Let's say you're a city councilman, and you would like to run for state or county office... If the establishment tells you to vote for Romney, and you vote for Paul, you will be cut off. Not only will they not endorse your next run, they'll run someone against you for your current seat. You will be looking for a new job. And most of these folks are not independently wealthy; they need their position to feed their family. A vote for Paul, in this case, is biting the hand that feeds you.

This is why we need to take over the establishment! The only states we have won so far have been the states in which we have broken the establishment's grip. No amount of sign waving or chanting is going to overcome this.

I would suggest carefully crafted letters, though, to delegates that may be open to our ideas. You need to explain how this will benefit them in the long run. Here's what I wrote to a delegate of mine: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?374109-Time-to-start-pressuring-our-delegates!