PDA

View Full Version : google ads/banner ads linking to supporters youtube videos?

nathanmn
11-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Has this been done or discussed before? I think one of our greatest assets in this grassroots campaign is the creativity and skill of some of our fellow supporters. Some of the youtube videos that they have made are so emotional, powerful, and informative that they are powerful tools to gain more support. Would using various internet ads to link to a grassroots video be an idea of merit? Would there be legal or logistical problems with this idea? Any thoughts?

Energy
11-15-2007, 03:24 PM
It's a very good idea. I sent a note a while back to HQ about being aggressive with ads like this. But as grassroots, we should do this.

nathanmn
11-16-2007, 12:24 AM
bump

nathanmn
11-16-2007, 09:50 AM
Come on... no other opinions or thoughts on this?

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-16-2007, 09:59 AM
I rely on using the youtube videos to convert people.
It works every time I sit down and show someone!

http://ronpaulstreetteam.com/video.html

I'll try to get my link out there more because it really really works.
It's not pointing them to a single video and expecting them to find the rest.

it is lined up in the order they need it to be in order to walk away wowed.

http://ronpaulstreetteam.com/video.html
And I assume every business card I hand out sends them home to do the same!
http://ronpaulstreetteam.com/images/freecards.jpg

nathanmn
11-16-2007, 10:02 AM
I rely on using the youtube videos to convert people.
It works every time I sit down and show someone!
[/IMG]

Exactly. So don't you think that ads directing to them might be a good idea?

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-16-2007, 10:12 AM
to youtube? a specific video that may be taken down or hve links to "other videos" in the bottom right that can be bad?

not really.
I never ever tell someone "youtube Ron paul" or "Google Ron paul" because think of all the bad things thast can pop up and discourage or lose them right away.

I send them right to my site and they get the best of the best youtube videos and it's a done deal.

so advertising a controlled atmosphere like my page yes, a wild unknown like a youtube video with suggestions all around it, I dunno.

Energy
11-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Think 'targeted.' Say you bid on abortion, pro-life type keywords, you link directly to RP talking about his stance. Iraq war, gold/silver investors, etc.

nathanmn
11-18-2007, 05:47 PM
to youtube? a specific video that may be taken down or hve links to "other videos" in the bottom right that can be bad?

not really.
I never ever tell someone "youtube Ron paul" or "Google Ron paul" because think of all the bad things thast can pop up and discourage or lose them right away.

I send them right to my site and they get the best of the best youtube videos and it's a done deal.

so advertising a controlled atmosphere like my page yes, a wild unknown like a youtube video with suggestions all around it, I dunno.

The video wouldn't have to be hosted on youtube... I understand your concern.