PDA

View Full Version : You do know if you are in The Matrix, you won't be able to leave the country, right?

Anti Federalist
05-01-2012, 07:10 PM
So, I'm scrolling through the news, and I come across this item, unique not because of the judgement against cops for killing his son, but for the fact that the grid is in place, and if the system tags you, you will not get out of the country, at least by anything other than foot.

Every day that goes by, I figure is one day closer we all get to becoming real life Von Trapps.

Pa. dad who won $12.5M in police shooting arrested

Print Story Published: 12:58 pm Share Updated: 12:58 pm

http://www.wytv.com/content/news/pastate/story/Pa-dad-who-won-12-5M-in-police-shooting-arrested/IfqfAVGEMUCZDAQ-WawG3g.cspx

UNIONTOWN, Pa. (AP) — A man who got $12.5 million after suing state police for shooting his unarmed 12-year-old son has been arrested for trying to board a flight to Jamaica.

Thirty-nine-year-old Michael Hickenbottom Sr., of Uniontown, was arrested Tuesday at Pittsburgh International Airport. He is on parole for a 2006 conviction for possession with intent to deliver marijuana. He was originally given probation in that case, but later jailed for violating those terms.

A Fayette County judge issued a warrant after parole officials say he tested positive for marijuana. The judge lifted that warrant when Hickenbottom turned himself in Monday, but issued a new one Tuesday when Homeland Security officials alerted parole officials he was leaving the country.

Hickenbottom settled his suit in 2008, after state police appealed a $28 million verdict in the 2001 shooting death of his son, Michael Ellerbe.

Danke
05-01-2012, 07:54 PM
I have nothing to hide, or escape from.

Icymudpuppy
05-01-2012, 08:12 PM
I just biked 160 miles on a rugged trail through mountains, beaches, and abandoned railroads this weekend with 80 lbs of gear averaging 10mph. I can also travel up to 50 miles/day by kayak on virtually any river, lake, ocean, or creek with a depth of at least 4 inches carrying up to 250 lbs of gear. I can walk/jog with 30 lbs of gear as much as 40 miles/day.

If I decide to leave, no one can stop me.

Danke
05-01-2012, 08:15 PM
I just biked 160 miles on a rugged trail through mountains, beaches, and abandoned railroads this weekend with 80 lbs of gear averaging 10mph. I can also travel up to 50 miles/day by kayak on virtually any river, lake, ocean, or creek with a depth of at least 4 inches carrying up to 250 lbs of gear. I can walk/jog with 30 lbs of gear as much as 40 miles/day.

Noted.

Tyler_Durden
05-01-2012, 08:45 PM

Mr. Puppy, Our Doomsday Prepper evaluators have rated you an 85 out of 100 on bugoutability.

Icymudpuppy
05-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Mr. Puppy, Our Doomsday Prepper evaluators have rated you an 85 out of 100 on bugoutability.

Do I get extra points for foraging ability? I know all the edible plants within 500 miles of my home and how to prepare them, and know how to make snares and traps using only a pocket knife. I am also a competent archer, and slinger even knowing how to fashion them from local woods and fibers in the event my .22 breaks beyond repair or I run out of ammo.

Some skills obtained from the old guide who lived a few miles up the road from me as a child. Some learned through my current job as a professional trapper, and Some learned through Army scout leadership, cold weather leadership, and survival evasion resistance and escape schools.

DamianTV
05-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Run and hide, or stay and fight? That is the question.

Icymudpuppy
05-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Run and hide, or stay and fight? That is the question.

He who fights then runs away, lives to fight another day.

I'll fight if need be, but it will be as a guerilla and saboteur. Don't expect me to hold ground, or take ground if bugging out has a better chance of survival. I am the man who walks by himself, and all places are alike to me. ;) I will only fight on my own terms when I have the advantage. Sun Tzu was pretty smart. He recommended avoiding a stronger opponent. Instead of facing him, harass his supply lines, set traps, and attack soft targets left defenseless. Guerilla warfare, or whatever you want to call it.

donnay
05-01-2012, 11:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4wC9U4x3L0&feature=related

Anti Federalist
05-01-2012, 11:41 PM

I'll fight if need be, but it will be as a guerilla and saboteur. Don't expect me to hold ground, or take ground if bugging out has a better chance of survival. I am the man who walks by himself, and all places are alike to me. ;) I will only fight on my own terms when I have the advantage. Sun Tzu was pretty smart. He recommended avoiding a stronger opponent. Instead of facing him, harass his supply lines, set traps, and attack soft targets left defenseless. Guerilla warfare, or whatever you want to call it.

This.

In a guerrilla, revolutionary or counter revolutionary struggle, nothing will get you killed faster than trying to defend a fixed position against the forces of the state.

They have unlimited time and resources to call out against you.

_b_
05-02-2012, 12:01 AM
Leaving the country risks getting yourself on the drone's list.

TheTexan
05-02-2012, 01:52 AM
Leaving the country risks getting yourself on the drone's list.

We're all on the drone list already. Just waiting for our turn.

Lishy
05-02-2012, 02:14 AM
This drug war pisses me off. So now we cannot leave the country over Marijuana!?

Why!? WHY!? What is so evil about Marijuana!? We've been waiting since the Nixon presidency and they still haven't given a damn answer!

GuerrillaXXI
05-02-2012, 02:31 AM

I'll fight if need be, but it will be as a guerilla and saboteur. Don't expect me to hold ground, or take ground if bugging out has a better chance of survival. I am the man who walks by himself, and all places are alike to me. ;) I will only fight on my own terms when I have the advantage. Sun Tzu was pretty smart. He recommended avoiding a stronger opponent. Instead of facing him, harass his supply lines, set traps, and attack soft targets left defenseless. Guerilla warfare, or whatever you want to call it.Exactly.

This.

In a guerrilla, revolutionary or counter revolutionary struggle, nothing will get you killed faster than trying to defend a fixed position against the forces of the state.

They have unlimited time and resources to call out against you.Exactly. In any conflict against a superior force, defending a fixed position should be considered a last resort -- a "take some with you" situation -- at least until the tide turns enough.

Indy Vidual
05-02-2012, 03:29 AM
Do I get extra points for foraging ability? I know all the edible plants within 500 miles of my home and how to prepare them, and know how to make snares and traps using only a pocket knife. I am also a competent archer...

Can you make that fresh food taste good?
http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/ec44_hunger_games_cookbook.jpg

ProIndividual
05-02-2012, 04:26 AM
I have nothing to hide, or escape from.

I have a lot to hide and escape from...like fascism in this country that my great grandparents warned me about (they feld fascist Italy for some of the same stuff happeing in the U.S. now).

But if "illegals" can sneak in, I can sneak out.

The_Great_Refusal
05-02-2012, 04:47 AM
lol

Bern
05-02-2012, 05:16 AM
Did I read the OP correctly that the man tried to leave the country while on parole? I'm pretty sure that parole conditions always require one to remain within a certain area for the duration of the parole. The alternative is to serve the rest of the sentence in jail.

Domalais
05-02-2012, 08:40 AM
This case of the system working as intended is deeply troubling to me. Is this evidence that perhaps other systems are also working?

Athan
05-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Do I get extra points for foraging ability? I know all the edible plants within 500 miles of my home and how to prepare them, and know how to make snares and traps using only a pocket knife. I am also a competent archer, and slinger even knowing how to fashion them from local woods and fibers in the event my .22 breaks beyond repair or I run out of ammo.

Some skills obtained from the old guide who lived a few miles up the road from me as a child. Some learned through my current job as a professional trapper, and Some learned through Army scout leadership, cold weather leadership, and survival evasion resistance and escape schools.

You might just be hardcore.

Liberty4life
05-02-2012, 09:27 AM
While "they" may seem omnipotent and untouchable, they are a small sub group in comparison to the whole group.

Their main strength is in the ability to muster massive force in concentrated areas, then publicize it as if it was much larger.

This is like a giant being able to step on a few snakes at a time in a snake pit.

Also the main reason for the push for drones, they will be able to effectively automate surveillance.

azxd
05-02-2012, 10:31 AM
LMFAO that you're just now figuring this out.

You have been a slave for years, IF you want to legally leave, you must obtain permission LOL

VISA/PASSPORT

And while I don't agree with the charge, the man was convicted and given probation.
The law needs to change, but until it does ... Oh freak'n well ... Another Darwin award for being dumb.

http://newauthors.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/monopoly-go-to-jail-card.jpg

oyarde
05-02-2012, 11:19 AM

If I decide to leave, no one can stop me. Yes , where I live , 240 years ago , all travel was by waterway.

ProIndividual
05-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Did I read the OP correctly that the man tried to leave the country while on parole? I'm pretty sure that parole conditions always require one to remain within a certain area for the duration of the parole. The alternative is to serve the rest of the sentence in jail.

That depends. In most States it's "you can't leavethe State"...but, most are using unConstitutional Post Release Control after full sentences are served...which is considered parole, but is really just tyranny. Our State ruled unConstitutional according to even our State Constitution over a decade ago...yet it hasn't stopped.

Anti Federalist
05-02-2012, 03:38 PM
LMFAO that you're just now figuring this out.

*sigh*

Obvious missed point is obvious.

It is not any surprise to anybody here, and it is common knowledge that, yes, permission was always needed to leave the state, at least for the last hundred years or so, roughly.

What is different is that the state is no longer a bumbling, inefficient shuffler of outdated papers and missing files.

The state is now commanding an exponentially increasing database of every person and every infraction ever.

It can access it with lightening speed and pin you down in a matter of minutes.

The state is becoming increasingly efficient, rapid and punctual, which is, of course, a hallmark of many authoritarian regimes, and why they appeal to those of a certain mindset, who would prefer order and that the 'trains run on time", rather than the often chaotic and inefficient hubbub of freedom.

LadyBastiat
05-02-2012, 09:46 PM

I'll need an address please and I promise to keep up and not slow you down when the time comes to leave. :p

Icymudpuppy
05-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Can you make that fresh food taste good?
http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/ec44_hunger_games_cookbook.jpg

There is no way to make skunk cabbage good. Most other things, yes, I can make them at least tolerable. Even cattails.

Icymudpuppy
05-02-2012, 10:52 PM
I'll need an address please and I promise to keep up and not slow you down when the time comes to leave. :p

Wish I'd heard that about 15 years ago, from ANYBODY!

oyarde
05-02-2012, 11:22 PM
*sigh*

It is not any surprise to anybody here, and it is common knowledge that, yes, permission was always needed to leave the state, at least for the last hundred years or so, roughly.

What is different is that the state is no longer a bumbling, inefficient shuffler of outdated papers and missing files.The state is now commanding an exponentially increasing database of every person and every infraction ever.

The state is becoming increasingly efficient, rapid and punctual, which is, of course, a hallmark of many authoritarian regimes, and why they appeal to those of a certain mindset, who would prefer order and that the 'trains run on time", rather than the often chaotic and inefficient hubbub of freedom. I prefer the bumbling , ineffecient , shuffler of outdated papers and missing files ,works much better for me....what is it that needs done to return to that ?? No electricity for them :) ??

oyarde
05-02-2012, 11:30 PM
There is no way to make skunk cabbage good. Most other things, yes, I can make them at least tolerable. Even cattails. I have eaten cattails , not trying the other

oyarde
05-02-2012, 11:35 PM
*sigh*

What is different is that the state is no longer a bumbling, inefficient shuffler of outdated papers and missing files.

The state is now commanding an exponentially increasing database of every person and every infraction ever.

The state is becoming increasingly efficient, rapid and punctual, which is, of course, a hallmark of many authoritarian regimes, and why they appeal to those of a certain mindset, who would prefer order and that the 'trains run on time", rather than the often chaotic and inefficient hubbub of freedom. Ah , how I prefer the days of bumbling , ineffecient shufflers of outdated papers and missing files , works much better for me ....

oyarde
05-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Wish I'd heard that about 15 years ago, from ANYBODY!

Timing is EVERYTHING Jack , it has screwed me up a few times too . I will not cry over spilled milk , but , I do like the blues . I know of only one thing that eats swamp apples and skunk cabbage.

Tyler_Durden
05-03-2012, 06:26 AM

Our bugout plan has us going to a compound about 2hrs West of Ft. Worth on 188 acres of land defendable from 3 directions with a natural spring running thru the property. the surrounding property owners are also like-minded semi preppers. We'd love to have you join our compound if you're in Texas. :)

Danke
05-03-2012, 07:12 AM
Our bugout plan has us going to a compound about 2hrs West of Ft. Worth ...
A "compound" in Texas...doesn't sound safe. :toady: :p

Icymudpuppy
05-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Our bugout plan has us going to a compound about 2hrs West of Ft. Worth on 188 acres of land defendable from 3 directions with a natural spring running thru the property. the surrounding property owners are also like-minded semi preppers. We'd love to have you join our compound if you're in Texas. :)

A fixed position? No thanks. If I go on the run, I'm either out of the country or I stay on the run. My bugout plan has Three US based R&R (restock and recover) positions that I will stay as long as they are not targetted, but I have no intention of defending them against anything worse than a small gang of looters.

Exactly.

donnay
05-03-2012, 08:58 AM

Remember the Alamo?

azxd
05-03-2012, 11:08 AM
*sigh*

The state is becoming increasingly efficient, rapid and punctual, which is, of course, a hallmark of many authoritarian regimes, and why they appeal to those of a certain mindset, who would prefer order and that the 'trains run on time", rather than the often chaotic and inefficient hubbub of freedom.So is Lifelock, the credit bureau, medical advancements, access to DNA evidence, etcetera.

Are you afraid of these advances ?

TheTexan
05-03-2012, 11:18 AM
So is Lifelock, the credit bureau, medical advancements, access to DNA evidence, etcetera.

Are you afraid of these advances ?

I think you missed the point. Here's an example of the point AF was making:

1) Type Name into Auto-magical Warrant Generator
2) Auto-magical Warrant Generator does:
a) Retrieves a list of keywords, criteria, & auto-magical selectors
b) Cross-references these instantly with your
i) Water bill
ii) Electric bill
iii) Internet bill
iv) Phone bill
v) Credit card bill
vi) Bank statement
vii) Text Messages
viii) Search history
ix) Emails
x) Previous arrests / Criminal history
xi) Unpaid tickets
xii) International travel history
xiii) Some other things I've surely forgotten
xiv) All of the above for all of the other residents in your domicile, & previous residents of your domicile, and all of your acquaintances
3) Bam! On-demand instant warrant. Score one for the good guys! (the cops, obviously!)

azxd
05-03-2012, 11:29 AM

i) Water bill
ii) Electric bill
iii) Internet bill
iv) Phone bill
v) Credit card bill
vi) Bank statement
vii) Text Messages
viii) Search history
ix) Emails
xi) Unpaid tickets
xiv) All of the above for all of the other residents in your domicile, & previous residents of your domicile, and all of your acquaintances
3) Bam! On-demand instant warrant. Score one for the good guys! (the cops, obviously!)So some people are afraid that they might be picked up for an out-of-state warrant ?

The guy in the OP was on parole, and the system nailed him for violating a condition of his parole.

What next ?
Do away with the system that also catches deadbeat dads, who flee their responsibility to the family they helped create ?

Move away from the marijuana laws, and look at the picture, again.

Wanted for murder ?
Felonious Assault ?
The list is endless, and it is catching criminals of all types via a cross-reference.

Can't catch the baby raper, because they crossed a state line ... Is that what you advocate for ?

TheTexan
05-03-2012, 11:37 AM
So some people are afraid that they might be picked up for an out-of-state warrant ?

The guy in the OP was on parole, and the system nailed him for violating a condition of his parole.

What next ?
Do away with the system that also catches deadbeat dads, who flee their responsibility to the family they helped create ?

Wanted for murder ?
Felonious Assault ?
The list is endless, and it is catching criminals of all types via a cross-reference.

Can't catch the baby raper, because they crossed a state line ... Is that what you advocate for ?

Way to miss the point again :P Gotta give you credit though, you still have some people fooled

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=26382038

azxd
05-03-2012, 11:53 AM
So some people are afraid that they might be picked up for an out-of-state warrant ?

What next ?

Wanted for murder ?
Felonious Assault ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SivUT1x7j18

tfurrh
05-03-2012, 12:03 PM
I've been thinking about Chief Joseph these past few days....

azxd
05-03-2012, 12:05 PM
I've been thinking about Chief Joseph these past few days....If I'm getting the reference, right ... He was very good at laying out the propaganda that allowed hate and discontent to foster.

tfurrh
05-03-2012, 12:20 PM
If I'm getting the reference, right ... He was very good at laying out the propaganda that allowed hate and discontent to foster.

I don't think you got the reference right. Chief Joseph and his tribe of about 700 tried to leave the US. 4 months and 1200 miles later, 40 miles from the Canadian border they were ransacked by the US Cavalry.

azxd
05-03-2012, 12:27 PM
I don't think you got the reference right. Chief Joseph and his tribe of about 700 tried to leave the US. 4 months and 1200 miles later, 40 miles from the Canadian border they were ransacked by the US Cavalry.YEP, I totally missed it.

DerailingDaTrain
05-03-2012, 07:47 PM
YEP, I totally missed it.

Yes, you did.

Anti Federalist
05-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Exactly.

And since there are so many laws now, that there is no way any reasonable person can keep track of them, you are bound to be violating some each day.

Instant justification.

i) Water bill
ii) Electric bill
iii) Internet bill
iv) Phone bill
v) Credit card bill
vi) Bank statement
vii) Text Messages
viii) Search history
ix) Emails
xi) Unpaid tickets
3) Bam! On-demand instant warrant. Score one for the good guys! (the cops, obviously!)

JebSanderson
05-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Remember the Alamo?

Yeah but that was against Mexicans and the Texans still lost.

Anti Federalist
05-03-2012, 08:06 PM

Remember Waco.

JebSanderson
05-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Remember Waco.

Weren't half the Branch Davidians Brits?

Anti Federalist
05-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Weren't half the Branch Davidians Brits?

They were from all over, and all races.

I don't recall that half were Brits.

JebSanderson
05-03-2012, 08:18 PM
They were from all over, and all races.

I don't recall that half were Brits.
Just looked it up. Of the 75 that died in the raid, 24 were Brits, so 1/3. 33 Brits died out of 80 Branch Davidian fatalities in total.

I wonder if the British government gave a damn?

Anti Federalist
05-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Just looked it up. Of the 75 that died in the raid, 24 were Brits, so 1/3. 33 Brits died out of 80 Branch Davidian fatalities in total.

I wonder if the British government gave a damn?

LOL - You're funny.

oyarde
05-04-2012, 12:27 AM

I wonder if the British government gave a damn? Uh , no , they did not , I asked them .

oyarde
05-04-2012, 12:34 AM
The reason I asked , was in addition to violation of American law , Delta Force present , there were also a few British SAS present.

oyarde
05-04-2012, 12:36 AM
Everyone responsible broke law that is unforgivable , by anyone except Jesus , guess what , I am not Jesus .

oyarde
05-04-2012, 01:00 AM
So , your Posse C act broken , seriously , Alabama Airpower used against Texas citizens , Delta Force present , British SAS ( 22 nd , British equivelent to Delta ) only time I am aware of ,nothing came of it , cleared.

tfurrh
05-04-2012, 07:16 AM

The Hell we lost.

Icymudpuppy
05-04-2012, 10:35 AM
The Hell we lost.

The Battle of the Alamo was lost. The war for Texas independence from Santa Anna was won. General Sam Houston was smart enough not to face Santa Anna's larger and better equipped Army on Santa Anna's terms, but fled for miles until he found an advantageous position. Good General, old Sam.