PDA

View Full Version : Knock It Off, For Pete's Sake!

JerzieJennie
11-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-

**EDIT COMMENT. So as not to sound like a hypocrite or tick people off, I realized that people could have taken some of my statements the wrong way. I also came across as extremely crabby while reminding us to be polite... Therefore I changed the wording to be nicer and clarify, but the points are all the same.**

Please consider how you are representing the campaign when you post replies to stories! There are a lot of negative, unproductive posts that are only damaging the positive work we are doing.

Here's some suggestions:
Stop being offensive!
Stop making personal attacks on the writers and readers (subtle or otherwise)
Stop name calling and being rediculous!
Stop cursing!
Stop painting yourself as NOT CREDIBLE.

I dont know who the people are that keep leaving these nasty responses to every and any blog or article that doesnt paint Dr. Paul as the Messiah himself, but they are making EVERYONE THAT FOLLOWS RON PAUL look STUPID.
They are a small part of the Ron Paul supporters, but they are drawing a ton of negative attention to Dr. Paul. This is not how the campaign wants people to act when Dr. Paul's name is involved.

IMHO, there are too many people like me, busting their butt every day to get the positive word out, to have all that work negated by angry juvenile temper tantrums. Can you see how people who dont know Dr. Paul could be COMPLETELY turned off by this sort of behavior? Then please stop!

Please dont tarnish the image of the campaign by being childish and slinging insults in online discussions at other websites. You're losing points for the team. This is about Dr. Paul restoring our country to a free and constitutional land. This is not about YOU needing to vent at people who are just waiting for an excuse to dismiss you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

***NEWS FLASH!*** A lot of these authors write shallow stuff just to make their advertisement hits go up. Do not validate them by actually responding to them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Completely separate topic - To the Truthers, etc. - With all due respect - Please consider - if you are commenting on Ron Paul articles, or at his rallies - maybe these venues might not be appropriate places to highlight your 9.11 conspiracy beliefs. (I support you, btw!) What you or I believe to be true has nothing to do with Dr. Paul's campaign. It is inaccurate that this separate movement keeps piggy backing with Ron Paul - when he has publically stated that he does not believe in the 9.11 conspiracy. I hope you get your message out to many, many people, but please do not do it in Dr. Paul's name. He does not share these beliefs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a simple suggestion - Dont leave anything in response to negative attacks on Dr. Paul unless it is ONLY a simple fact or link to correct errors or clarify points. Other than that, if you dont have something nice to say, take a deep breath, and dont let them know they've bothered you.

I say this all with love, by the way.

asgardshill
11-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Brava.

Needed to be said - may it not fall on deaf ears.

Sandy
11-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Cussing and rude behavior is used by some people because they think it makes them powerful, but it's a false sense of power.

As one of the founders said in so many words, lack of manners would be a contribution to the fall of a society.

Anti Federalist
11-15-2007, 03:50 PM
JJ wrote:

What you or I believe to be true has nothing to do with Dr. Paul's campaign, and it is inaccurate and unfortunate that many of you continue to associate your separate movement with views that Ron Paul has publically stated he does not share. I hope you get your message out to many, many people, but please do not piggy back with Ron Paul's name to do so. He does not share these beliefs.

I'm one of the "tin foil hat" people.

I've been good, I've been quiet.

Fact is, one of Ron Paul's first and primary venues, and where I have been listening to the good doctor as a guest for years, has been the Alex Jones radio show.

On which he still appears, or has Jesse Benton come on the show.

He may disagree, but like all of us, distrusts government.

So are you sure you're being told the whole truth of 9/11?

JerzieJennie
11-15-2007, 04:01 PM
Like I said, what you and I believe is irrelevant. I understand that questioning 9.11 is an important thing to do.

Of course Alex Jones does a tremendous job of supporting Ron Paul. But, it's not his campaign, it's Ron Paul's.

Those issues are not part of Ron Paul's platform, and it does not belong tangled in with his beliefs. I believe it's rude and selfish to do so.

BTW - my part about "Painting yourself like a lunatic" was meant to be completely separate from my comment about the Truthers. That was only about, in general, people being rude in online forums.

I believe the truthers should fight for their cause, absolutely. Its just not part of campaign and should be kept separate.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-

KNOCK IT OFF! Every smear piece I see has responses from 200 people who appear to be Ron Paul supporters that are being down right STUPID and CHILDISH!

Stop being offensive!
Stop making personal attacks on the writers (subtle or otherwise)
Stop name calling and being rediculous!
Stop cursing!
Stop painting yourself like a freaking LUNATIC. (Because whether or not you want to believe it - thats what you are doing.)

I dont know who you people are that keep leaving these nasty responses to every and any blog or article that doesnt paint Dr. Paul as the Messiah himself, but you are making EVERYONE THAT FOLLOWS RON PAUL look STUPID.
You're .001% of the Ron Paul supporters, but you're so over the top angry that you're drawing a ton of negative attention to yourself. This is not how the campaign wants you to act when Dr. Paul's name is involved.

Grow the hell up - there are too many people like me, busting their ass every day to get the positive word out, to have all that work negated by angry juvenile temper tantrums. Can you see how people who dont know Dr. Paul could be COMPLETELY turned off by this sort of behavior? THEN WHY ARE YOU CONTINUING?

***NEWS FLASH!*** A lot of these authors write shallow stuff just to make their advertisement hits go up. Do not validate them by actually responding to them.

Grow up. Dont disgrace the campaign with your childish bickering. You're losing points for the team. This is about Dr. Paul restoring our country to a free and constitutional land. This is not about YOU needing to vent at people who are just looking for an excuse to dismiss you.

ALSO - TO THE TRUTHERS, etc. - With all due respect - if you are commenting on Ron Paul articles, or at his rallies, please do not use those venues as a platform to start explaining your 9.11 conspiracy beliefs. What you or I believe to be true has nothing to do with Dr. Paul's campaign, and it is inaccurate and unfortunate that many of you continue to associate your separate movement with views that Ron Paul has publically stated he does not share. I hope you get your message out to many, many people, but please do not piggy back with Ron Paul's name to do so. He does not share these beliefs.

Here's a simple rule - Dont leave anything in response to negative attacks on Dr. Paul unless it is ONLY a simple fact or link to correct errors or clarify points. Other than that, if you dont have something nice to say, keep your mouth shut.

I say this all with love, by the way.

stop telling people what to do

Pete
11-15-2007, 04:13 PM
The comments that are most impressive are those that come off as intelligent and generous in spirit.

WWRPD?

JerzieJennie
11-15-2007, 04:20 PM

I dont mean to sound mean. But we can all agree this is about a common goal.

1. Do we agree that being rude in online forums and angering bloggers and readers does not in any way help the campaign? If the answer is yes, then it needs to stop.

2. Do we agree that Ron Paul has publically stated that he does not believe that 9/11 was a conspiracy? Obviously he has, so yes. Then, this other movement (which I would encourage to seek truth!) has nothing to do with the campaign.

Thats all I was saying.

Its more of a reminder that this is Dr. Paul's campaign, and we should represent him the best way we can.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Well, I prefer pro-RP trolls than anti-RP assholes that keep saying "whack job" and "truther" in every sentence.

JerzieJennie
11-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Well, I prefer pro-RP trolls than anti-RP assholes that keep saying "whack job" and "truther" in every sentence.

I think you're referring to me, but not sure. I was merely pointing out how we may accidentally come across to others, and damage our own reputation. We're a diverse passionate group. I only used truthers as one of the obvious examples of other views that get mixed in. I also tried to be clear that I supported them.

therealjjj77
11-15-2007, 04:35 PM
If we expect Ron Paul as president to calm the Middle East tension with peaceful and positive means, we should also do the same within the war we wage against the media and the political establishments. Agreed JerzieJennie.

Paulitic
11-15-2007, 04:39 PM
Brava.

Needed to be said - may it not fall on deaf ears.

^ Looks like it fell on deaf ears.

LinearChaos
11-15-2007, 04:43 PM
Two words:

Human Action

LinearChaos
11-15-2007, 04:45 PM
After years of being called names and having a bunch of true believers try and curb stomp you for bringing up Ron Paul, how do you expect people to react? Can you understand, after being called a loon 50,000x, that some RP supporters might be a little sensitive at this stage and easily butthurt? It does kind of show their passion, and as long as they are also using that passion for grassroots efforts, I don't mind them blowing off steam on partisan, anti-Paul websites frequented by anti-Paul turds. I don't know many people who casually follow politics and visit the comment sections of places like FreeRepublic.

I honestly think that a lot of lurkers enjoy reading the various comment wars, and that they read them to watch RP supporters break the matrix. After RedState banned RP, it's Alexa rating tanked, hard. I don't think it was a coincidence, and I don't think it was just the people posting that stopped going. I think a lot of the lurkers stopped going there too, and not because they stopped talking trash about Ron Paul (RedState still does). If the lurkers hung out there to watch RedState bash Paul, and not the other way around, then their rating wouldn't have tanked the way it did (since they still smear him).

JerzieJennie
11-15-2007, 04:49 PM
After years of being called names and having a bunch of true believers try and curb stomp you for bringing up Ron Paul, how do you expect people to react? Can you understand, after being called a loon 50,000x, that some RP supporters might be a little sensitive at this stage and easily butthurt?

I absolutely agree with you. I actually changed my wording to be a little less harsh. See - we all are passionate about Dr. Paul. We can all agree, however that a little self restraint and class can go a long way, and now is not the time to show anger - as it's a sign of weakness. Lets not give them any ammunition to lessen our credibility.

LinearChaos
11-15-2007, 04:55 PM
Hey, I have no shame in admitting that on Nov. 6th I made a few rounds to dish out some generous portions of crow.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-15-2007, 05:12 PM
^ Looks like it fell on deaf ears.

Looks like you're an authoritarian

Sandy
11-15-2007, 05:13 PM

Oh my, didn't you just tell her what to do?

Why don't we just not say anything if someone wears a shirt that says 'War with Iran is on the horizon, awesome!' while campaigning for RP. People should never hear that their behavior turns prospective voters off. People should never learn anything new for that matter. People shouldn't say anything if someone wore a 'Sluts for Abortion' shirt while attempting to hand out RP slim jims.

The goal is to inform people about RP I would think while grassroots campaigning, not try to convince people of things RP doesn't believe or support such as '9/11 inside job', 'abortion is freedom', 'islamofascists are under your bed'. Correct?

JosephTheLibertarian
11-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Oh my, didn't you just tell her what to do?

That's how you deal with tyrants.

Paulitic
11-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Looks like you're an authoritarian

You prove my point yet again.

LinearChaos
11-15-2007, 05:27 PM
I say we all be friends instead of worrying about what people who may or may not visit this board and may or may not see this thread are doing on other websites.

How about instead of arguing, we eat cookies?

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/6/6e/400px-Choco_chip_cookie.jpg

Yum!

Sandy
11-15-2007, 05:37 PM
I say we all be friends instead of worrying about what people who may or may not visit this board and may or may not see this thread are doing on other websites.

How about instead of arguing, we eat cookies?

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/6/6e/400px-Choco_chip_cookie.jpg

Yum!

LOL, I had a chocolate chip cookie last night! Another issue I agree with Ron about. I have an idea. Attach chocolate chip cookies to slim jims!