PDA

View Full Version : USA Today Ad Specs - NO ARGUING ABOUT THE AD OR MAKING A NEW AD

mkrfctr
11-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Anyone who wanted the specs here they are from the USA Today site: http://www.usatoday.com/media_kit/usatoday/ai_advertising_information_home.htm

The jist is:

Full Page 11.5" Wide x 21" Tall
All ads should be submitted as Macintosh-based PDFs.
Image Resolution & Fonts: PDFs should contain high-resolution images and all fonts PostScript Type 1/embedded.
Image Tiling : Individual images within PDF should not "tile" (means no single image element should be comprised of multiple parts)
Cropping: Either use application-generated crop marks (InDesign, QuarkXpress, etc.) or crop your ad to the ad space size. Do not include bleeds as USA TODAY is a non-bleed publication.

Photographic images should be processed at a resolution of no less than 170 DPI (Dot Per Inch) at 100% of desired printing size.
Line art (bitmapped logos or scanned text) should be scanned at a resolution of 600-1200 DPI at 100% of desired printing size. However, we recommend that these elements be sent in vector-based, such as an Illustrator eps.
Prepare color files as CMYK.
Prepare Black and White files as GRAYSCALE.
Total ink density (DMax) cannot exceed 240% in any area including solid colors.

For those told to put-up or shut-up, this is your opportunity.

EXPECT 100% THAT YOUR AD WILL NOT BE USED!!!!!

Do it for fun, do it for show, do it to be used somewhere else, do it to encourage creativity and and diversity, or do it because you are bored, but do not do it because you want it to be the one used, you will just be disappointed.

BLS
11-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Ha Ha Ha....this should be good.

I need some entertainment.

mkrfctr
11-15-2007, 03:20 PM
nope there will be no arguing what so ever, and this thread will be very silent and only exist through bumps - so put away the popcorn.

hell, no comments except for "bump"

I SAID SO!

PathIveMade
11-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Seems to me there's some complaining about not having specs in some other thread on the hot topic thing.... I know I'm supposed to be silent.... but this is kinda funny. Am I wrong for kinda getting a kick outta that? :)

mkrfctr
11-15-2007, 03:43 PM
That thread started as a request for specs but got moved to hot topics due to arguing and such - this is ultimately a response to that thread, but with a stern notice to not argue (so it doesn't get moved again).