PDA

View Full Version : Effectiveness of the ad on offtopic.com

Sematary
11-15-2007, 02:57 PM
Well, according to current info, there have been just shy of 80 clickthrus on the text ad on offtopic.com
That is in a 12 hour period.
I am waiting to find out if there is any way to quantify whether or not any of those people actually signed up. I would have to believe though that a percentage of them will, so money well spent. :)

Stealth4
11-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Get an ad here and I guarantee you lots will click on it.

http://thehousingbubbleblog.com/index.html

Very popular housing bubble site on which RP is mentioned, but not often discussed. I tried a while ago with someone else to get an ad here, but it never materialized.

I'd love to see a teaparty ad there at the top.

krott5333
11-15-2007, 03:02 PM

Very popular housing bubble site on which RP is mentioned, but not often discussed. I tried a while ago with someone else to get an ad here, but it never materialized.

how much?

dsentell
11-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Wonderful news Sematary! Congrats on ANOTHER successful project!

krott5333
11-15-2007, 03:05 PM
awesome

Sematary
11-15-2007, 04:41 PM
how much?

ya - how much?

Sematary
11-15-2007, 04:44 PM

Contacted. We'll see what happens.

I'd like more sites where we can ask people to put up a link/banner

Stealth4
11-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Contacted. We'll see what happens.

I'd like more sites where we can ask people to put up a link/banner

I think you just do it through google adwords - I believe there is a way to target a specific site.

If I can help let me know - That housing bubble site is popular with a lot of people who argree with fiscal responsibility, etc and are very open to Dr. Paul's message.

Sematary
11-15-2007, 04:49 PM
I think you just do it through google adwords - I believe there is a way to target a specific site.

If I can help let me know - That housing bubble site is popular with a lot of people who argree with fiscal responsibility, etc and are very open to Dr. Paul's message.

I'm not really familiar with sites where "mainstream" Americans go. Actually, I rarely venture outside of a few chosen sites and Google. So, if you know some sites that might be open to placing the banner on their site for a small fee or for free, it would really help.

Stealth4
11-15-2007, 04:54 PM
I'm not really familiar with sites where "mainstream" Americans go. Actually, I rarely venture outside of a few chosen sites and Google. So, if you know some sites that might be open to placing the banner on their site for a small fee or for free, it would really help.

Put out a call for someone experienced in placing ads on blogs, including using google adwords - then we can funned stuff through that person, who can place them efficiently and we will just paypal them the $$.

Sematary
11-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Put out a call for someone experienced in placing ads on blogs, including using google adwords - then we can funned stuff through that person, who can place them efficiently and we will just paypal them the $$.

adwords is a waste because you pay per click. That is ripe for abuse by opponents to spend our money. Targeting sites and paying weekly is a better way to go.

JordanL
11-15-2007, 05:04 PM

Put ads on LGF, Michelle Malkin, etc.

Nothing inflammatory, just something that highlights TRUE conservatism.

runderwo
11-15-2007, 05:07 PM
Some other bear sites: patrick.net, dollarcollapse.com

Sematary
11-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Put ads on LGF, Michelle Malkin, etc.

Nothing inflammatory, just something that highlights TRUE conservatism.

Can you guys contact these sites and ask them if they'd be interested in hosting a banner?