PDA

View Full Version : Yet another FBI setup, this time "anarchists"

Kluge
05-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Must be getting bored with Muslims.

Five Arrested in Alleged Bomb Plot

The Federal Bureau of Investigation arrested five suspects in the Cleveland area in a sting operation for allegedly plotting a bomb attack on a local bridge, law enforcement officials said Tuesday.

The suspects were self-described anarchists who formed their own group, according to one official. The official said that during the investigation, several of the suspects repeatedly complained that the Occupy Wall Street movement, which had spread to other cities from New York, wasn't violent enough.

The group's alleged plot isn't linked to this week's anniversary of the killing of Osama bin Laden or to any known terror group, officials said.

The group was arrested late Monday and the charges were unsealed Tuesday, which is May Day, a day of protest for many of those involved in the Occupy movement.

The charges include conspiracy and attempted use of explosive materials to damage property affecting interstate commerce. The suspects range in age from 20 to 35.

FBI officials said no one was ever in danger from the explosive devices, because they were inoperable and under the control of an undercover FBI agent.

Over a period of several months, officials said, three of the suspects formed the group and initially envisioned using smoke grenades as a distraction to topple financial-institution signs on high-rise buildings in downtown Cleveland. The group later decided to obtain plastic explosives to attack the Route 82 Brecksville-Northfield High Level Bridge, which passes over the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, according to a criminal complaint filed in federal court.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304050304577377851612024974.html?m od=googlenews_wsj

1stAmendguy
05-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Something involving national security always seems to happen on May Day.

slamhead
05-01-2012, 09:27 AM
I can see the scenario now. A bunch of misguided college age students sitting around getting stoned with their FBI infiltrated "anarchist" group.

FBI Agent: "Hey let's blow something up....oh btw I just happen to have something to do it"

Anarchist: "Ok dude that sounds fun".

CaptUSA
05-01-2012, 09:27 AM
Further proof of why you should never even consider violence. Don't muse about it. Don't fantasize about it. Be careful how you vent your frustrations in public forums.

All you have to do is suggest something silly like that and some agent of the government will make his acquaintance with you and lead you down a path to your arrest and imprisonment.

Hmmm.... Just heard a knock on the door... Be right back...

TheTexan
05-01-2012, 10:29 AM
The Federal Bureau of Investigation arrested five suspects in the Cleveland area in a sting operation for allegedly plotting a bomb attack on a local bridge, law enforcement officials said Tuesday.

The suspects were self-described anarchists who formed their own group, according to one official.

Well that's just super. At some point "right wing extremists" will be considered a domestic terror organization (basically already is), then we're really fucked. By this precedent we're all "supporting terrorism" even though noone here advocates violence.

Just another step closer. Sympathize with these anarchists? You're a terrorist.

bultza
05-01-2012, 11:20 AM
the anarchism will be the new Al Qaida

congratulations already is born the new Goldstein

bolil
05-01-2012, 01:58 PM
I heard that it was the FBI agent that bought the "bomb" from the anarchist group.

Jingles
05-01-2012, 02:21 PM
There are many-a-flavors of anarchism. Typically the "anarchist" that get's demonized by the state is those of the leftist variety for they have no qualms in regards to initiating violence to "advance" their "goals". But those of us who are voluntaryists/AnCaps get lumped into this group with AnComm's and AnSyn's under the umbrella of "anarchists". So they come out and say simply "ANYONE THAT DOESN'T WISH FOR THEIR TO BE A STATE IS A TERRORIST!!!"

The majority of the unthinking public thinks of anarchists as some kind of violent astray group that just wishes for chaos upon society. The leftist anarchist tend to fit that mold (to be honest). This is just an effort to lump us all as one and to empower the state against a "new" enemy. OMG PEOPLE DON'T BELIEVE IN THE STATE SO WE MUST KILL THEM ALL/TORTURE THEM/IMPRISON THEM/ETC...!!! HOW DARE THESE TRAITORS OF COLLECTIVISM!?!?! USA! USA! USA! WE ARE ONE PEOPLE UNITED!!! WE ARE ONE NOT INDIVIDUALS AND EVERYTHING IS COLLECTIVE!!!"

LibertyEagle
05-01-2012, 02:25 PM
That, in my opinion, is why it was stupid for those who still want rule by law to refer to themselves as any kind of anarchist. But, that bridge has already been crossed.

Lafayette
05-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Government guide to defending America against terrorism:

Step one: Fill "extremist group" with FBI agents.
Step two: Find impressionable/ mentally ill person(s) to scapegoat.
Step three: Sell them cardboard toilet paper tube filled with fire crackers or other such "device".
Step four: Profit!

wizardwatson
05-01-2012, 02:36 PM
I heard that it was the FBI agent that bought the "bomb" from the anarchist group.

The way I understand it after reading a couple articles is that an FBI informant basically was undercover with the "bad guys" and was the one who said, "I know where to get some C4". But the C4 seller was actually also FBI but there was never any real C4. It's the same kind of thing they do when they bust people who go to prostitutes. The prostitute wasn't a real prostitute and if the prostitute wasn't there would the Johns have actually sought one out?

CaptUSA
05-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Yeah, it's the Chris Hansen version of anti-terrorism.

wizardwatson
05-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Yeah, it's the Chris Hansen version of anti-terrorism.

LOL!!!!

+rep

Captain Shays
05-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Further proof of why you should never even consider violence. Don't muse about it. Don't fantasize about it. Be careful how you vent your frustrations in public forums.

All you have to do is suggest something silly like that and some agent of the government will make his acquaintance with you and lead you down a path to your arrest and imprisonment.

Hmmm.... Just heard a knock on the door... Be right back...

OK then how else can we subvert the dominant paradigm? Huh?

HOLLYWOOD
05-01-2012, 04:04 PM
SALON: http://www.salon.com/2012/05/01/fbi_heorically_locks_up_ridiculous_anarchists_on_m ay_day/

FBI heroically locks up ridiculous anarchists on May Day (http://www.salon.com/2012/05/01/fbi_heorically_locks_up_ridiculous_anarchists_on_m ay_day/singleton/)

Feds stop inept radicals from carrying out a plot feds helped them conceive and carry out
By Alex Pareene (http://www.salon.com/writer/alex_pareene/)

http://media.salon.com/2012/05/sting_rect-460x307.jpg
U.S. Attorney Steven Dettelbach, left, and FBI special agent in charge Stephen Anthony walk past a map showing the location of a bridge on Ohio Rt. 82. Five men, pictured on the wall behind the map, have been arrested for conspiring to blow up the bridge. (Credit: AP/Mark Duncan)

Happy May Day, fellow travelers! If you’re not currently disrupting capitalism and/or having your wrists zip-tied for exercising your right to freely assemble, you probably read about the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s latest, not-at-all suspiciously timed terror sting. The Bureau, in an inspired bit of early-20th century nostalgia, has railroaded a bunch of dangerous anarchists. (Or “dangerous” “anarchists.”) America will not waver in the face of the Galleanist threat!

Five young men from Cleveland are now in jail (http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/05/fbi_anarchists_may_day_bridge_bombing_occupy.php), accused of plotting to “blow up a bridge in the Cleveland area,” (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57424900/fbi-nabs-5-in-alleged-plot-to-blow-up-ohio-bridge/) according to the FBI’s triumphant press release/criminal complaint. As is always the case with FBI terror stings, the “sting” part involved the bureau’s informant/agent provocateur mostly inventing the plot the accused have now been arrested for. In this case, the five planned to detonate smoke bombs as a distraction as they “topple[d] financial institution signs atop high rise buildings in downtown Cleveland.” But the informant (as usual, a sketchy unnamed character with a checkered past) strongly pushed the group to seriously consider different, more extreme plots. At the end, some or all of them were going to plant C-4 on the Route 82 Brecksville-Northfield High Level Bridge over the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.

So what was initially a political action aimed at financial institutions somehow morphed into a supposed attempt to destroy or damage a piece of publicly owned infrastructure in a national park. Anarchists sure do hate bridges, and parks, I guess. (No parliament of men has the authority to designate which spaces are “national parks”! The whole world is the worker’s national park!)

The FBI’s affadavit (http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/Wright_complaint_affadavit_050112.pdf?tag=contentM ain;contentBody) suggests that there was never actually a serious “plot.” The gang tossed around the idea of “taking out” a bridge in order to stop people from getting to work, but they also thought maybe they could use their (pretend) C4 on a Klan rally, or a neo-Nazi organization, or an oil well, or the Federal Reserve Bank. They eventually decided to maybe sink a ship. All of their many plans were super serious and well-thought out. (“To prevent capture, he suggested getting tacks that they could throw out of the back of a car if they get in a chase.”) Eventually they settled on the bridge thing, sort of, and bought fake IEDs from the guy they already suspected was a cop.

In other words, these are a bunch of dumbasses even by the standards of amateur “black bloc” dumbasses. Do you know how I know these morons weren’t serious? They planned to download the Anarchist Cookbook and follow its notoriously awful instructions. Every experienced anarchist knows that the Feds have a mole in your group house, but these guys were mainly concerned with having someone’s “hacker friend” explain to them how bitcoins work. Without the FBI’s intervention the most damage these idiots would’ve ever caused is a broken Starbucks window. So thank god they’re off the streets, and congrats to the FBI for getting this tale of dangerous, bomb-planting anarchists onto the news broadcasts on the day of Occupy’s big May Day action.
(At least the Feds are branching out from only targeting Muslims in these ridiculous “stings.” (http://www.salon.com/2011/11/02/fbi_entraps_old_white_guys_in_terror_sting_just_li ke_they_do_to_young_muslim_men/) Some day all Americans, regardless of creed or color, will have their circle of friends secretly infiltrated by a paid informant.)

Alex Pareene writes about politics for Salon and is the author of "The Rude Guide to Mitt (http://www.amazon.com/The-Rude-Guide-Mitt-ebook/dp/B007UPDEG0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334940002&sr=8-2)." Email him at apareene@salon.com and follow him on Twitter @pareene More Alex Pareene. (http://www.salon.com/writer/alex_pareene/)

dannno
05-01-2012, 04:32 PM
lol, that is a really entertaining story to read..

In this case, the five planned to detonate smoke bombs as a distraction as they “topple[d] financial institution signs atop high rise buildings in downtown Cleveland.” But the informant (as usual, a sketchy unnamed character with a checkered past) strongly pushed the group to seriously consider different, more extreme plots. At the end, some or all of them were going to plant C-4 on the Route 82 Brecksville-Northfield High Level Bridge over the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.

So what was initially a political action aimed at financial institutions somehow morphed into a supposed attempt to destroy or damage a piece of publicly owned infrastructure in a national park. Anarchists sure do hate bridges, and parks, I guess.

All of their many plans were super serious and well-thought out. (“To prevent capture, he suggested getting tacks that they could throw out of the back of a car if they get in a chase.”)

HOLLYWOOD
05-01-2012, 05:32 PM
What the FBI and other FED agencies are doing, is their game plan all along... It's to create distrust between civilians. That, combine with DHS' REPORT ANYTHING, are the new fear policies to keep the public of not trusting anyone or anything. This was the same policies in the WARSAW PACT countries for decades to build distrust, divide, and propaganda amongst the population. COINTEL ops were to build on the distrust and set examples of terrorists are against the civilians.

Gestapo, GRU/KBG, Stasi, etc... were all there to oppress the public through their well thought out operations.

To seal the deal of history repeating itself... I'm waiting for the awards/medals from "THE STATE" for turning neighbors, friends, & even family members over to authorities. Yes, they even aired the "Big Brother Awards" commercials on all communications mediums back then, but now it;s come full circle upon all of US.

I always think of the movie Fahrenheit 451 for some reason. :eek:

QuickZ06
05-01-2012, 05:36 PM
WOW , when I heard about this story, I knew something was up.

Captain Shays
05-01-2012, 05:52 PM
What the FBI and other FED agencies are doing, is their game plan all along... It's to create distrust between civilians. That, combine with DHS' REPORT ANYTHING, are the new policies to keep the public of not trusting anyone or anything. This was the pol;icies in the WARSAW PACT countries for decades to build distrust and propaganda amongst the population. COINTEL ops were to build on the distrust and set examples of terrorists are against the civilians.

Gestapo, GRU/KBG, Stasi, etc... were all there to oppress the public through their well thought out operations.

To seal the deal of history repeating itself... I'm waiting for the awards/medals from "THE STATE" for turning neighbors, friends, & even family members over to authorities. Yes, they even aired the "Big Brother Awards" commercials on all communications mediums back then.

I always think of the movie Fahrenheit 451 for some reason. :eek:

SPOT ON. I have thought the same thing. Man, we really need to be prepared and we need to put our heads together. Obviously we KNOW where this is all going.

I will ad one more thing. COMMUICATIONS WILL BE SHUT DOWN when the SITF. There MUST be alternative plans in place prior to ANY sort of resistence to find each other because left alone we're toast. We can talk tough all day long but what are we going to do when they come to get us and all we have is our gun? Even if your entire family as pretty well armed they'll take you all out. There has to be hundreds of us working together to fight back or we'll all wind up in FEMA camps or worse. These government aholes are way out of control already

Kluge
05-01-2012, 07:43 PM
lol, that is a really entertaining story to read..

"lol" indeed.

It's like recruiting the three fucking stooges to blow up a building, then boasting about how you captured criminals. Throwing tacks to puncture tires? Come on, these guys were fucking retarded and thus, a target. The FBI just loves disturbed, mentally-limited people because it makes them feel accomplished to "trick" them.

Noble Savage
05-01-2012, 09:50 PM
what would be great is if a group fronted as violent anarchist to document undercover agents involvement

Kluge
05-02-2012, 05:39 AM
what would be great is if a group fronted as violent anarchist to document undercover agents involvement

That would be interesting. You'd have to have someone who's totally anal about keeping records so you could both figure out what draws them to you and get out of prison. Plus you'd have to be very smart, but willing to act really stupid. And have nobody that relies on you, like children or elderly parents.

azxd
05-02-2012, 10:09 AM

Hmmm.... Just heard a knock on the door... Be right back...And the idiots wrote about their plans on facebook ... Tip off !!!

But some want to develop another conspiracy LOL
Sometimes things are exactly as they appear, and sometimes not ... But no evidence is needed for the conviction, when hatred rules the mind.

azxd
05-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Well that's just super. At some point "right wing extremists" will be considered a domestic terror organization (basically already is), then we're really fucked. By this precedent we're all "supporting terrorism" even though noone here advocates violence.

GG. Secession please, while we still can.

Just another step closer. Sympathize with these anarchists? You're a terrorist.TEA Party supporters are already classified as "right wing extremists" by the media, and some factions of LE ... And you want to associate US with anarchists who DO SUPPORT VIOLENCE ?

WTF are you trying to do ?

Ah,
Nevermind !!!
The media is capable of scouring this forum, and linking all the hatred together to show Ron Paul's supporters for what they really are.
Quite damaging to the movement, if you ask me ... And they don't even need to make stuff up.

azxd
05-02-2012, 10:19 AM
There are many-a-flavors of anarchism. Typically the "anarchist" that get's demonized by the state is those of the leftist variety for they have no qualms in regards to initiating violence to "advance" their "goals". But those of us who are voluntaryists/AnCaps get lumped into this group with AnComm's and AnSyn's under the umbrella of "anarchists". So they come out and say simply "ANYONE THAT DOESN'T WISH FOR THEIR TO BE A STATE IS A TERRORIST!!!"

The majority of the unthinking public thinks of anarchists as some kind of violent astray group that just wishes for chaos upon society. The leftist anarchist tend to fit that mold (to be honest). This is just an effort to lump us all as one and to empower the state against a "new" enemy. OMG PEOPLE DON'T BELIEVE IN THE STATE SO WE MUST KILL THEM ALL/TORTURE THEM/IMPRISON THEM/ETC...!!! HOW DARE THESE TRAITORS OF COLLECTIVISM!?!?! USA! USA! USA! WE ARE ONE PEOPLE UNITED!!! WE ARE ONE NOT INDIVIDUALS AND EVERYTHING IS COLLECTIVE!!!"

That, in my opinion, is why it was stupid for those who still want rule by law to refer to themselves as any kind of anarchist. But, that bridge has already been crossed.Exactly, and it CAN hurt the movement immensely.

TheTexan
05-02-2012, 10:22 AM
TEA Party supporters are already classified as "right wing extremists" by the media, and some factions of LE ... And you want to associate US with anarchists who DO SUPPORT VIOLENCE ?

A person who supports violence is by definition not an anarchist.

Kluge
05-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Ah,
Nevermind !!!
The media is capable of scouring this forum, and linking all the hatred together to show Ron Paul's supporters for what they really are.
Quite damaging to the movement, if you ask me ... And they don't even need to make stuff up.

It's about time you admitted that you aren't a supporter. I mean, it's obvious that you don't put yourself in the "hater" category that you put all of us in.

azxd
05-02-2012, 10:47 AM
A person who supports violence is by definition not an anarchist.Oh,
I stand corected in my verbage use ... Those who hold no value for others possessions, and destroy things like little kids.

azxd
05-02-2012, 10:51 AM
It's about time you admitted that you aren't a supporter. I mean, it's obvious that you don't put yourself in the "hater" category that you put all of us in.If you honestly think one must HATE the system, to support Ron Paul ... I'll suggest that you have a very warped sense of what the movement is actually about.

The last time I checked, we were all working within the system, to effect change ... Crying due to an internal bias, doesn't help the movement, and doesn't change the system.
But it does allow those who are interested and curious to see a negative side of the movement.

Kluge
05-02-2012, 11:03 AM
If you honestly think one must HATE the system, to support Ron Paul ... I'll suggest that you have a very warped sense of what the movement is actually about.

The last time I checked, we were all working within the system, to effect change ... Crying due to an internal bias, doesn't help the movement, and doesn't change the system.
But it does allow those who are interested and curious to see a negative side of the movement.

Your reading comprehension is abysmal.

Now go back, read it again and point out where I ever said that anyone has to hate anything.

I do believe that you're conflating "hate" with "criticism." And further, you confuse criticism with information-sharing. Those are basic words and concepts that you should have learned the meaning of long ago, unless you're 8, in which case you should learn them soon.

Good luck.

DerailingDaTrain
05-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Why would a bunch of lefty anarchists wanna blow up a Federal Reserve branch? (It was mentioned as a potential target in one of the articles)

JebSanderson
05-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Why would a bunch of lefty anarchists wanna blow up a Federal Reserve branch? (It was mentioned as a potential target in one of the articles)

Because most anarchists support the abolition of money.

Endgame
05-02-2012, 11:31 AM
I can believe some 20-something Clevelanders are dumb enough to come up with an idea like this without FBI help. No one with a head on their shoulders sticks around that place.

oyarde
05-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Why would a bunch of lefty anarchists wanna blow up a Federal Reserve branch? (It was mentioned as a potential target in one of the articles) I dunno , but I got two bucks on 90% of unemployed leftists committing random acts of vandalism , not being able to find the Fed :)

oyarde
05-02-2012, 11:32 AM
I can believe some 20-something Clevelanders are dumb enough to come up with an idea like this without FBI help. No one with a head on their shoulders sticks around that place. What , you mean "The Mistake by the Lake " ?? :)

oyarde
05-02-2012, 11:33 AM
I can believe some 20-something Clevelanders are dumb enough to come up with an idea like this without FBI help. No one with a head on their shoulders sticks around that place. What year was it the River caught on fire ?1969 ?

DerailingDaTrain
05-02-2012, 11:35 AM

They gonna blow up Fort Knox too and take away all the gold and silver people have stored?

JebSanderson
05-02-2012, 11:36 AM
They gonna blow up Fort Knox too and take away all the gold and silver people have stored?

I'd blow up Fort Knox with an atomic device containing cobalt and iodine, which would render the gold useless for 58 years Obviously I'd invest in gold beforehand and the value of my investment would skyrocket.

Oh and my name is Auric Goldfinger.

Tyler_Durden
05-02-2012, 11:38 AM
This never would've happened if they would've simply followed my 1st two rules. Sigh.

oyarde
05-02-2012, 11:38 AM
I'd blow up Fort Knox with an atomic device containing cobalt and iodine, which would render the gold useless for 58 years Obviously I'd invest in gold beforehand and the value of my investment would skyrocket.

Oh and my name is Auric Goldfinger. I see no effect on the value of my silver :) , Goldfinger .

JebSanderson
05-02-2012, 11:39 AM
This never would've happened if they would've simply followed my 1st two rules. Sigh.

So tell me about Fight Club?

Tyler_Durden
05-02-2012, 11:41 AM

Ask Robert Paulson.

DerailingDaTrain
05-02-2012, 11:42 AM

His name is Robert Paulson!

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Narrator---Bob-fight-club-237798_437_650.jpg

dannno
05-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Oh,
I stand corected in my verbage use ... Those who hold no value for others possessions, and destroy things like little kids.

Government agents?

I didn't realize that outing government agents was destructive to the Ron Paul movement. I thought it helped open people's eyes.

dannno
05-02-2012, 11:55 AM

Philosophical anarchists wish to abolish the state.... thus making it literally impossible to "abolish money". I don't know where you get your ideas from.

azxd
05-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Government agents?

I didn't realize that outing government agents was destructive to the Ron Paul movement. I thought it helped open people's eyes.Post your proof, as it relates to this event.

Time may prove you right, but thus far you're heading into a self created conspiracy, if you don't have proof.

JebSanderson
05-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Philosophical anarchists wish to abolish the state.... thus making it literally impossible to "abolish money". I don't know where you get your ideas from.

Communist anarchism, Liberterian communism and free communism all advocate not only abolishing the state, but abolishing money, markets and private property.

...houses, fields, and factories will no longer be private property, and that they will belong to the commune or the nation and money, wages, and trade would be abolished.

— Peter Kropotkin, The Conquest of Bread

They (Anarcho-communists) further argue that markets and systems of currency divide labor into classes and assign arbitrary numerical values to an individual's work and attempt to regulate production, consumption and distribution. They argue that money restricts an individual's ability to consume the products of their labor by limiting their intake with prices and wages.

dannno
05-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Communist anarchism, Liberterian communism and free communism all advocate not only abolishing the state, but abolishing money, markets and private property.

............voluntarily

Otherwise it isn't philosophical anarchism.

If somebody voluntarily stops using money and gives up their property and lives in a community of like-minded people, why do you have a problem with that??

It might not be the best way to live, you and I may choose to live in a community that values property and money. That's what freedom is all about.

dannno
05-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Post your proof, as it relates to this event.

Time may prove you right, but thus far you're heading into a self created conspiracy, if you don't have proof.

First you prove that these people were actually philosophical anarchists. Otherwise I have no desire to defend them either way.

JebSanderson
05-02-2012, 12:05 PM
............voluntarily

Otherwise it isn't philosophical anarchism.

If somebody voluntarily stops using money and gives up their property and lives in a community of like-minded people, why do you have a problem with that??

It might not be the best way to live, you and I may choose to live in a community that values property and money. That's what freedom is all about.

When did I say I have a problem with it?

And not all anarchists believe in the voluntary abolition of the state, markets, money and property. Many believe in the need for violent revolution.

dannno
05-02-2012, 12:08 PM
And not all anarchists believe in the voluntary abolition of the state, markets, money and property. Many believe in the need for violent revolution.

Are you talking about philosophical anarchists, or are you talking about people who refer to themselves as anarchists and wear a bunch of studs and chains and shit?

JebSanderson
05-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Are you talking about philosophical anarchists, or are you talking about people who refer to themselves as anarchists?

There are many different schools of "thought" in anarchism.

Elwar
05-02-2012, 12:18 PM
There are many different schools of "thought" in anarchism.

Some anarchists support more archy.

I imagine what was going on with this group was they were talking about spray painting some bank signs. Then someone else said, "hey let's distract the cops by setting off smoke bombs on the other side of town while we spray paint the signs!". Then someone (agent) else chimes in, "why just spray paint them, tear the shit down". "Hey ya, take down those bankster signs!". "Anyone know where we can get smoke bombs?". (agent) "why just smoke bombs? Why not use some C4, that'll really send a message.".

mczerone
05-02-2012, 12:30 PM
That, in my opinion, is why it was stupid for those who still want rule by law to refer to themselves as any kind of anarchist. But, that bridge has already been crossed.

When was that bridge crossed? Nobody here that believes in any form of statelessness uses "anarchist" (except perhaps a few "anarcho-capitalists). We've constantly tried to use words like "voluntarist", but it's people who question us who belligerently label us as "anarchists"

And besides, any group label is open to be tainted by this type of sting. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if an entire group of FBI got together and portrayed themselves to be thier target ex nihilo.

DerailingDaTrain
05-02-2012, 12:41 PM
There are anarchists who advocate for the use of violence. (Not me, no, not me)

Propaganda of the deed anyone?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_of_the_deed

wizardwatson
05-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Ron Paul anarchists is to anarchists as Ron Paul republicans is to republicans.

We see Ron Paul anarchists/republicans as "non-violent voluntarists" and "champions of individual liberty" respectively.
The public sees anarchists/republicans as "violent anti-governmentals" and "bible thumping war mongering corporatists" respectively.

I'm not really sure we've been all that successful at redeeming either of these labels. Do we need these labels?

bolil
05-02-2012, 01:08 PM
So, after Ron Paul wins election will a rift form?