PDA

View Full Version : 2012 is About More Than Ron Paul

Nathan Hale
05-01-2012, 06:33 AM
Don't forget, people, that 2012 is about more than Ron Paul's campaign for the presidency! I know it's the sexiest part of the Revolution so we all love to focus on it, but don't forget that there is a whole section of these boards devoted to helping build momentum and traction for dozens of liberty candidates in Senate and Congressional races. Check out the "2012 Candidates" section and spend some time there! We need all the help that we can get!

WilliamC
05-01-2012, 06:51 AM
We are working to organize a Campaign For Liberty chapter in Mississippi which will try and help elect liberty-minded folks to the Mississippi State House and to Congress.

The more liberty-minded elected officials at all levels the better for Ron Paul when he is President.

Or even if he isn't.

DonovanJames
05-01-2012, 07:11 AM
We've got 30 Liberty Republicans running for the Central Committee here in Springfield, MO

Viva le Revolucion

FSP-Rebel
05-01-2012, 10:20 AM
We are working to organize a Campaign For Liberty chapter in Mississippi which will try and help elect liberty-minded folks to the Mississippi State House and to Congress.

AFAIK, THE Campaign for Liberty is just a policy org and doesn't make any endorsements or contributions to candidates. Maybe you're talking about starting a PAC or something, that would be good.

Nathan Hale
05-01-2012, 11:26 AM
That technicality aside, William, keep up your efforts! We need to get involved outside of the presidential race. Those who have followed the delegate strategy, however, are now in position to help local groups in 2014 and beyond when we control the nuts-and-bolts local level of the GOP.

Canderson
05-01-2012, 11:29 AM
KURT BILLS SUBFORUM!

Nathan Hale
05-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Say it in the 2012 Candidates sub-forum.

ChristopherShelley
05-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Good op. Thank you.

NoOneButPaul
05-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Don't forget, people, that 2012 is about more than Ron Paul's campaign for the presidency! I know it's the sexiest part of the Revolution so we all love to focus on it, but don't forget that there is a whole section of these boards devoted to helping build momentum and traction for dozens of liberty candidates in Senate and Congressional races. Check out the "2012 Candidates" section and spend some time there! We need all the help that we can get!

Here here...

And please don't forget that taking back the GOP should be the most important goal.

tfurrh
05-01-2012, 01:18 PM
it's about the Mayans too.

Nathan Hale
05-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Here here...

And please don't forget that taking back the GOP should be the most important goal.

Well, advancing liberty should be the goal. Right now, taking over the GOP is the best way to achieve that goal. Perhaps in the future we'll require another path. I still support dems and third party candidates who benefit the liberty movement.

WilliamC
05-02-2012, 02:40 PM
AFAIK, THE Campaign for Liberty is just a policy org and doesn't make any endorsements or contributions to candidates. Maybe you're talking about starting a PAC or something, that would be good.

Yes, thank you for the clarification.

The gentleman representing the Ron Paul campaign from my Congressional District is also organizing the CFL in Mississippi and is wanting to start a new PAC specifically to get liberty-minded candidates running for office in Mississippi, regardless of Party affiliation.

Now that I'm a gen-u-wine Republican myself I can't join another political party and I can't use any Party resources to either support a non-Republican candidate nor to impede whatever Republican candidates might run in our County. Indeed the few elected Republicans from my County are RINO's and do not associate with the County Republican Party, they hang out with the Democrats.

Once you actually get involved you'll start learning the pecularalities of your County, so tactics will vary.

But of course the restoration of individual sovereignty to all Americans and the elimination of the vast majority of the Federal Government should be our strategic goal.

If any of ya'll can figure out how to infiltrate the Democratic Party and take them over get to it, but AFAICT taking over the Republican Party is oh so much more possible, if not actually easy.[/QUOTE]