PDA

View Full Version : Rule 32 Suspension of Rules-RNC Convention

dude58677
05-01-2012, 12:17 AM
" A motion to suspend all rules shall always be in order, but only made by authority of the majority of delegates from any state and seconded by each of 5 or more other states severally."

This means that if there are any rules that do not allow us to vote for Ron Paul as nominee, we can suspend them with majority vote from delegates.

Agorism
05-01-2012, 12:18 AM
" A motion to suspend all rules shall always be in order, but only made by authority of the majority of delegates from any state and seconded by each of 5 or more other states severally."

This means that if there are any rules that do not allow us to vote for Ron Paul as nominee, we can suspend them with majority vote from delegates.

Where did you find that?

dude58677
05-01-2012, 12:19 AM
Where did you find that?

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:_dnqoddvM7MJ:www.gop.com/images/legal/2008_RULES_Adopted.pdf+RNC+rule+11&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESirY4V8q_UXAzwMavBQ5_F8PWLJXp_A4k0jyiYV qCVSB5eOyBGOPSIpz1ZtSNFy8AUPM_Fj6iGB5on5DQSqfhan4S fSGxcVq6mBz6Bna3js3SmaUqUice_tW6eUvvmd7DPvxYB_&sig=AHIEtbRB0Nm9PZzVmQPXbL9W2VVaCkeP6Q

IcyPeaceMaker
05-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Ron Paul has won or has a lock on the following states.

Let's see now, Ron Paul has won (or is winning) the following states:

Iowa
New Hampshire
Alaska
Nevada
Mississippi
Missouri
Louisiana
Maine
Massachusetts
Minnesota
South Carolina
North Dakota
Oklahoma
Colorado
Virginia

The Santorum & Gingrich delegates are now unbound, most are anti-Romney and will support Ron Paul.

Romney is going to lose to Ron Paul.
Delegates are essentially unbound from the moment they reach the convention in August.

Rather, we explain that the RNC rules’ provision on the unit rule make it clear that delegates aren’t bound to vote according to how most delegates from their state are voting. In fact, delegates can vote according to their own judgment and conscience, and that this is most likely to take place...
http://www.fairvote.org/response-to-a-rogue-convention-how-gop-party-rules-may-surprise-in-201#.T59l_8WD_j2

pauljmccain
05-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Do you really think there will be a simple majority of delegates there that will vote to suspend the rules? Not trying to be a naysayer, just think some other strategies may be more appropriate.

dude58677
05-01-2012, 12:26 AM
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:_dnqoddvM7MJ:www.gop.com/images/legal/2008_RULES_Adopted.pdf+RNC+rule+11&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESirY4V8q_UXAzwMavBQ5_F8PWLJXp_A4k0jyiYV qCVSB5eOyBGOPSIpz1ZtSNFy8AUPM_Fj6iGB5on5DQSqfhan4S fSGxcVq6mBz6Bna3js3SmaUqUice_tW6eUvvmd7DPvxYB_&sig=AHIEtbRB0Nm9PZzVmQPXbL9W2VVaCkeP6Q

This also goes to show that the RNC process is way more complicated than what the media claims. The media makes it out as though it is a ritual and a simple popularity vote but these rules show it is quite the opposite.

dude58677
05-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Do you really think there will be a simple majority of delegates there that will vote to suspend the rules? Not trying to be a naysayer, just think some other strategies may be more appropriate.

If we have Ron Paul supporters as delegates, sure they will vote to suspend the rules.

floridasun1983
05-01-2012, 12:31 AM
Ron Paul has won or has a lock on the following states.

Delegates are essentially unbound from the moment they reach the convention in August.

http://www.fairvote.org/response-to-a-rogue-convention-how-gop-party-rules-may-surprise-in-201#.T59l_8WD_j2Alright, I'll bite: how can you claim Ron Paul is winning Virginia?

Philosophy_of_Politics
05-01-2012, 01:06 AM
Alright, I'll bite: how can you claim Ron Paul is winning Virginia?

Let's see now, Ron Paul has won (or is winning) the following states:

Perhaps?

J_White
05-01-2012, 01:13 AM
we winning in SC ? need more details.

Nubraskan
05-01-2012, 01:17 AM

And North Dakota. Thought we got screwed there.

Keith and stuff
05-01-2012, 02:48 AM
And North Dakota. Thought we got screwed there.

It seems to just be a list of random states.

lib3rtarian
05-01-2012, 03:32 AM
How/when did we win or will win New Hampshire, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Colorado, Virginia? Or even Alaska? We only got 6 delegates there although we replaced the party leadership.

alucard13mmfmj
05-01-2012, 03:48 AM
i believe santorum still kept his delegates since he is only suspending his campaign (not ending it). gingrich, he is terminating his campaign so i think his might be unbound.

RonPaulFever
05-01-2012, 04:09 AM
I wish some of you would keep your uninformed speculation to yourselves. It muddies the waters for people who come here to find truthful, accurate information.

Liberty74
05-01-2012, 06:29 AM

Me too. SC was very hostile to Paul. Unless the person is making an illogical assumption that Newt and Rick's delegates will automatically go to Paul.

kathy88
05-01-2012, 06:30 AM
i believe santorum still kept his delegates since he is only suspending his campaign (not ending it). gingrich, he is terminating his campaign so i think his might be unbound.

Cannot terminate until the debt is paid.

05-01-2012, 06:49 AM

You don't need a simple majority nationally to suspend the rules.

You need to control the delegations by majority in 6 states. One to make the motion to suspend the rules and 5 to second it.

If 6 states are under control of the RP campaign, there will be chaos at the convention, count on it.

wgadget
05-01-2012, 07:08 AM
SIX DANG STATES...WE GOT IT COVERED!

CaptUSA
05-01-2012, 07:11 AM
What scares me is that we have been working within their own rules.

If they vote to suspend the rules because they don't like how things are going, this may give them a way to shut us out again...

UtahApocalypse
05-01-2012, 07:11 AM

By RNC Rules this has been confirmed. EVERYONE is forgetting though the State Rules, and more importantly LAWS. There are several state that have punishments of $1000 and up to 5 years in Prison.

DonovanJames
05-01-2012, 07:15 AM
We got 4 out of 24 CD delegates for Paul during our caucus in Missouri -- I wouldn't count it as a win just yet but we are working diligently for the State convention where 25 more will be nominated.

bbwarfield
05-01-2012, 07:52 AM
By RNC Rules this has been confirmed. EVERYONE is forgetting though the State Rules, and more importantly LAWS. There are several state that have punishments of $1000 and up to 5 years in Prison.

That is for presidential electors in a few states (electoral college).... RNC delegates are a private organization and state law does not affect them ..... only RNC rules do

dude58677
05-01-2012, 08:30 AM
What scares me is that we have been working within their own rules.

If they vote to suspend the rules because they don't like how things are going, this may give them a way to shut us out again...

I didn't say the establishment suspending the rules, I said WE would be suspending the rules so we can vote for Ron Paul.

Ninja Homer
05-01-2012, 09:04 AM

You need to control the delegations by majority in 6 states. One to make the motion to suspend the rules and 5 to second it.

If 6 states are under control of the RP campaign, there will be chaos at the convention, count on it.

That's just what's required to make the motion. After the motion is made, then you need a supermajority (2/3) vote to suspend the rules.

If that ever happened, then yes, there would be a lot of chaos. The next motion should be to declare Ron Paul the Republican nominee for POTUS.

Paul Or Nothing II
05-01-2012, 09:21 AM

SIX DANG STATES...WE GOT IT COVERED!

ok, now think about whom we are going to offer for a VP "deal" to secure enough delegates as well as Republican votes in the General Election

That's just what's required to make the motion. After the motion is made, then you need a supermajority (2/3) vote to suspend the rules.

Is this true? Anyone else?

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-01-2012, 09:42 AM
How is he winning Virginia? I thought the delegates are bound there