PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul’s Winning Weekend Causing GOP Headaches

sailingaway
04-30-2012, 10:00 PM
http://ivn.us/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ron-paul-mitt-romney.jpg

http://ivn.us/2012/04/30/ron-pauls-winning-weekend-causing-gop-headaches/

they aren't up on the niceties, such as that Ron's supporters will control the state convention in LA so that the 'uncommitted' delegates should all be Paul delegates.

satchelmcqueen
04-30-2012, 10:22 PM
correct

Oddone
04-30-2012, 10:30 PM
He says we only got 6 delegates in Alaska? Eh... Did I miss something?

Edit: Seems slightly off on a few details but w/e.

parocks
05-01-2012, 12:23 AM
"Yeah…all those AWFUL headaches they are getting from Romney having only 750 BOUND delegates so far and set to win at least 500 more in the next 6 weeks, not even counting all hte superdelegates and unbound delegates.

Romney doesn’t care who the bound delegates who vote for him actually support. And without 15 states calling for a roll call of the votes, they won’t even vote anyway. The states will just call out their delegate numbers for each candidate! So…Ron Paul has a plurality in what? 5 states? But not a majority. He will need a MAJORITY in 15 to force a roll call. Where are those other 10 states coming? Oh…that’s right…there won’t be."

Interesting comment after the article. Is that true?

floridasun1983
05-01-2012, 12:42 AM
"Yeah…all those AWFUL headaches they are getting from Romney having only 750 BOUND delegates so far and set to win at least 500 more in the next 6 weeks, not even counting all hte superdelegates and unbound delegates.

Romney doesn’t care who the bound delegates who vote for him actually support. And without 15 states calling for a roll call of the votes, they won’t even vote anyway. The states will just call out their delegate numbers for each candidate! So…Ron Paul has a plurality in what? 5 states? But not a majority. He will need a MAJORITY in 15 to force a roll call. Where are those other 10 states coming? Oh…that’s right…there won’t be."

Interesting comment after the article. Is that true?I don't know, but this is why I've said we need as many people there who are experts at parliamentary procedure and well versed in RNC rules as we can get. The establishment will have tons of tricks up its sleeve to make sure this goes as smoothly for Mitt as possible. I fear we'll get steamrolled at the convention before we even knew what hit us.

drummergirl
05-01-2012, 01:12 AM
We absolutely HAVE to be on top of this.

I don't know, but this is why I've said we need as many people there who are experts at parliamentary procedure and well versed in RNC rules as we can get. The establishment will have tons of tricks up its sleeve to make sure this goes as smoothly for Mitt as possible. I fear we'll get steamrolled at the convention before we even knew what hit us.

As to the original quote off ivn, he's basically full of horse hockey. The Romney people are scrambling to get unbound delegates pledged to him by any means (and there have been some arms twisted clean off from what I hear). That's not the manuvering of a confident man; they are so scared in the Romney camp that they are out of clean underwear.