PDA

View Full Version : Thank You SuperPACs! They Are Being Effective :)

Sola_Fide
04-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Looks like our friendly liberty Pacs are causing all kinds of trouble for Gary Moore, causing him to release statements to try to combat them:
A new mailer by the Super PAC AmeriGOP supporting Thomas Massie for Congress prompted a response from Gary Moore’s campaign:

“All this news about Massie’s relationship with a Super Pac, not only violates his own promise to avoid politics as usual but it is not even really a Super Pac. It is two guys that want to give Thomas Massie more money than the law allows. And with Massie’s full knowledge and encouragement, they found a loophole by which to do just that. Massie shouldn’t be excused from his complicity in this scheme by reading a disclaimer written by a lawyer, who by the way was accused of coordination in Kentucky less than a year ago. The voters should see right through this charade and we certainly don’t need Congressmen who come with disclaimers.” Jonathan Duke, Campaign Manager Moore for Congress

“This “Super Pac”, is spreading blatant lies about Judge Moore’s record on an issue that was resolved by the premier expert, Americans for Tax Reform, last week. Massie is trying to keep his hands clean by using his Super PAC as a hit man at the expense of the truth and the voters trust. Judge Gary Moore, is committed to his message of real job creation, economic development and true Kentucky values.”

Massie said he has not seen the mailer.

Michael Adams, AmeriGOP treasurer responded to Moore’s response:

“The Moore campaign is trying to change the subject from his pro-tax record by lashing out with wild, empty allegations against a grassroots group trying to hold him accountable. Rather than smear good men like Thomas Massie, Moore should explain his advocacy for higher taxes and his Hawaiian travel at taxpayers’ expense.”

www.nky.cincinnati.com

bluesc
04-30-2012, 08:02 PM
but it is not even really a Super Pac. It is two guys that want to give Thomas Massie more money than the law allows.

Reads like it was written in haste over a glass of whiskey. I smell panic.

It seems Jonathan Duke doesn't understand what a SuperPAC is supposed to be. Most are funded by one or two individuals, including Newt's highly successful one.

Sola_Fide
05-01-2012, 02:45 AM
Here it is:

http://www.nkyspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Massieflyer.jpg

MRoCkEd
05-01-2012, 05:14 AM
^^ Nice, thanks for posting

V3n
05-01-2012, 06:23 AM
If Stephen Colbert can be a SuperPAC then these "two guys" can be. No Moore whining, Gary!

TruthisTreason
05-01-2012, 03:50 PM
I dislike superpacs but I like the mailers.

Sola_Fide
05-01-2012, 07:38 PM
I dislike superpacs but I like the mailers.

What's your position on them Chris?

TruthisTreason
05-02-2012, 12:37 AM
What's your position on them Chris?

I like how it allows one person or a group of people to voice their free speech, but I would prefer to have unlimited contributions from individuals to campaigns. There is no easy solution for campaign finance, I know that. And I've heard the tiring argument about "the media" being the biggest SuperPac.

Sola_Fide
05-02-2012, 03:55 AM
I like how it allows one person or a group of people to voice their free speech, but I would prefer to have unlimited contributions from individuals to campaigns. There is no easy solution for campaign finance, I know that. And I've heard the tiring argument about "the media" being the biggest SuperPac.

Definitely.