PDA

View Full Version : New study: wind farms cause climate change

jmdrake
04-30-2012, 07:20 PM
LOL

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/9234715/Wind-farms-can-cause-climate-change-finds-new-study.html

Pericles
04-30-2012, 07:32 PM
LOL

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/9234715/Wind-farms-can-cause-climate-change-finds-new-study.html

That is an LOL. Gen. Sheridan: "If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas."

TheTexan
04-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Anyone else here that doesn't care about climate change? Or just me?

jmdrake
04-30-2012, 07:44 PM

Well I care about the government laws and regulations that politicians keep trying to pass to fight climate change. (Sad to say I haven't been keeping up with what the EPA has been doing, but I doubt it's anything good).

Kotin
04-30-2012, 07:45 PM
LOLOLOLOOL

TheTexan
04-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Well I care about the government laws and regulations that politicians keep trying to pass to fight climate change. (Sad to say I haven't been keeping up with what the EPA has been doing, but I doubt it's anything good).

Ya I care about that too. I meant more about not giving a crap whether or not this planet turns into Tatooine

jbauer
04-30-2012, 10:25 PM
Just so we're all on the same page...

Disregard if you don't believe in global warming. If you beleive in global warming then, humans cause it, not windfarms. To be fair, you'd have to run an cost benifit anaylisis to compare energy harvested by wind farms realitive to energy harvested by other forms.

OR....There is another way!!! We could all go back to the stone age. That way only our farts would contribute to global warming!!!

TheTexan
04-30-2012, 10:43 PM
On the other hand I am fervently against climate change on Arrakis

Lishy
04-30-2012, 10:54 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/cereal-guy-template.png

Isaac Bickerstaff
04-30-2012, 11:15 PM
The politics and technology involved in putting utility-scale wind turbines on the grid are a Rube Goldberg machine. The regulators have admitted that it is all about giving billionaires hundreds of millions of ratepayer and tax payer dollars. The legislators put up with it because they believe that it bring hundreds of thousands of dollars to their constituents--and because lobbyists hold fundraisers for them.

http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/9613292/1685994278/name/AWEA

Humanae Libertas
05-01-2012, 03:21 AM

Well the climate is always changing, but don't tell an alarmist that.

osan
05-01-2012, 07:00 AM
There is another way!!! We could all go back to the stone age. That way only our farts would contribute to global warming!!!

And there would still be a cadre of whiny, progressive-liberal democrat pissywinks who'd be endlessly shrieking about your farts and taxing them and banning them and...

oyarde
05-01-2012, 10:56 AM
What price range would stone age democrat methane tax start at ??

oyarde
05-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Would they still have the wheel tax ? Or would that hace to be invented ??

truthspeaker
05-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Yet another reason in favor of geothermal energy. Why on earth don't we do this?

awake
05-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Scientists cease being scientists as soon as they take up politics. They become politicians who happen to have practiced science. Violent scientists if you will. All they can say is that the climate is warming (still questionable), the rest is an opinion on political policies they would like rammed down everyone's throat.

Scientists who advocate government violence are not scientists.

Climate change has simply become the biggest pretext to tax and grow government - New Deal welfare with a green veneer. Naturally the state will pay for "scientific evidence" to support their massive interventions into the market ; to make legal their looting and plundering.

Isaac Bickerstaff
05-01-2012, 10:14 PM
In related news, scientists have discovered that there is hemispheric darkening happening, most likely because of a rotation of the Earth. They suspect human activity. Excessive motor vehicle acceleration to the west and farting while facing east are expected to be banned shortly.

Simple
05-02-2012, 12:14 AM
Yet another reason in favor of geothermal energy. Why on earth don't we do this?

You don't have to dig very deep for geothermal climate control, but for energy production you need to dig through a lot of bedrock and that's not cheap. We see more geothermal power generation in areas where the magma is closer to the crust, like Iceland or anywhere on the ring of fire such as Indonesia. In the US all our geothermal production is in the south and the west.

Reason
05-02-2012, 12:37 AM
LMAO

LibertyRevolution
05-02-2012, 07:10 AM
George Carlin, Save the planet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=R4XhZ1Ybrjk#t=11s

thoughtomator
05-02-2012, 07:14 AM
Wind farms have a dramatic impact, it just doesn't happen in ways enviro-Marxists count environmental damage. They don't really care about dead birds, or the impact of the massive low-frequency vibrations of the huge machines have on the surrounding area.

Working Poor
05-02-2012, 08:39 AM
I think solar is much better than wind power. So much so that I am actually getting some where in the solar industry. There are some truly amazing new products on the market and at reasonable prices.

RonRules
05-02-2012, 09:06 AM
One of the big problems is Wind produces most of the energy at night (at least in California) and that's not when people need it.

So the "nameplate rating" on the turbine means practically nothing in terms of power usability.

Solar on the other hand matches the demand curve quite well.