PDA

View Full Version : TX-Cops, after getting a false tip, prowl around tow truck lot, shoot guard dogs.

Anti Federalist
04-30-2012, 12:35 AM
Police shoot, kill pit bull guard dog

By Chris Paschenko
The Daily News
Published April 30, 2012

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/311266

GALVESTON — A report of people drinking and growing marijuana behind a busy shopping center led police to encounter two pit bull guard dogs. Officers shot one dead and the other scampered away.

Galveston police officers responded about 1 p.m. Sunday to a fenced-in wrecker yard at the northern end of 61st Street behind a Target store, where they were sent to investigate a suspicious circumstance, police Sgt. John Courtney said.

Officers found an air conditioner running on one of the trailers on the lot.

“When the officers went inside the gate, the dogs came from underneath the trailer and attacked them,” Courtney said. “They retreated through the gate and into the street, and when the first dog got close, they shot at it.”

Officers retreated until their backs reached a water-filled drainage ditch, Courtney said. The ditch appeared too wide to jump across, at least not without a long, running start.

“They backed all way up to the ditch before they shot the second dog,” Courtney said.

None of the officers was injured, Courtney said.

Police found no one drinking and no sign of a marijuana farm, Courtney said.

One of the wrecker yard employees said someone accused of stealing from the lot might have called in the unfounded tip to police.

An animal control officer collected the dead pit bull from the street and placed it in a plastic bag for removal.

presence
04-30-2012, 06:01 AM
Dead dogs aside.... you notice how this whole situation came about without any CRIME committed or even reported. This was a report of a STATUTORY offense. No one injured. No one robbed. No report of violence until Johnny Law shows up. In a nation ruled by LIBERTY, the police would not have even been called to investigate debauchery and illicit flower beds.

sick world we live in,

presence

azxd
04-30-2012, 08:45 AM
Dog attacks man, dog dies ... Problem ?

Pericles
04-30-2012, 08:47 AM

Just for the dog.

pcosmar
04-30-2012, 03:19 PM

Yes. Guard dog is doing it's job.
Gets shot by armed intruders.

I hope there is a heaven for dogs. I trust that there will be judgement for the thugs involved.

tod evans
04-30-2012, 03:25 PM

Trespassers are supposed to be fair game for watch dogs.

A cop without a warrant is a trespasser.

Cops regularly pay upwards of 5k for a trained dog..........The offending officer should be held personally liable to replace the junkyard owners dogs with dogs that suit the owner. And a few grand for the anguish involved.

pcosmar
04-30-2012, 03:31 PM
The offending officer should be held personally liable to replace the junkyard owners dogs with dogs that suit the owner. And a few grand for the anguish involved.

Should.
And be fired.

phill4paul
04-30-2012, 03:31 PM
Yes. Guard dog is doing it's job.
Gets shot by armed intruders.

/thread.

Honestly. Dogs have many uses. Property guardian is one of the many jobs we assign our canine friends. The dogs were within the legal bounds of their assigned duties.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWiKI1nHDNAd5CnG5oxSDjJxoOMGAc_ S3CwsMsg16B5YGoZrVS

phill4paul
04-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Should.
And be fired.

Possibility. Equally possible to get reinstated after several years and get back pay.

evilfunnystuff
04-30-2012, 04:02 PM

The police had no business trespassing, there was no proper search warrant.

The owner lost at least 1 friend because “Officers Cock-Knuckles and Dick-Lock" had to try to break the already tyrannical rules, to their own, even more maniacal ends.

azxd
04-30-2012, 04:38 PM
Waa !!
Sent to investigate, gate not locked ;)

“They retreated through the gate and into the street, and when the first dog got close, they shot at it.”

Officers retreated until their backs reached a water-filled drainage ditch, Courtney said. The ditch appeared too wide to jump across, at least not without a long, running start.

“They backed all way up to the ditch before they shot the second dog,”

Officers were not even on the property when the second dog was shot ... Oh well.

azxd
04-30-2012, 04:42 PM
If someone else had opened the gate ... Then what ?
Dead dog(s), after it/they mauled/killed someone ?

Property owner should be charged.

tod evans
04-30-2012, 05:01 PM

Golly lions might get out at the zoo too..........I suppose cops should have the authority to break into their cages and shoot them if they're scared?

Kluge
04-30-2012, 05:25 PM
The police had no business trespassing, there was no proper search warrant.

The owner lost at least 1 friend because “Officers Cock-Knuckles and Dick-Lock" had to try to break the already tyrannical rules, to their own, even more maniacal ends.

No warrant, which means they were trespassing and destroyed property. Since they were acting as cops, their penalty should be twice that of a civilian guilty of the same crime--and reparations for the dog owner should come from their money, not the department's. Oh yeah, and they should be fired.

Kluge
04-30-2012, 05:27 PM

You're all kinds of backwards.

I leave my door unlocked, and if someone were to walk in my house, they would get bit.

Should I be charged with a crime?

Yieu
04-30-2012, 05:35 PM

The reason they even have dogs is so that the dogs will bite trespassers.

So, we have evidence of the crime of trespassing occurring. Where are the charges? Destruction of property? Official oppression under color of law? Disturbing the peace? Resisting arrest/assaulting an officer? Oops, those last ones just get automatically tacked on when they assault us.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-30-2012, 05:39 PM
Waa !!
Sent to investigate, gate not locked ;)

Officers were not even on the property when the second dog was shot ... Oh well.

They had no right to let the dogs out.

“When the officers went inside the gate, the dogs came from underneath the trailer and attacked them,” Courtney said. “They retreated through the gate and into the street, and when the first dog got close, they shot at it.”

“They backed all way up to the ditch before they shot the second dog,” Courtney said.

None of the officers was injured, Courtney said.

Ya, know, that sounds like the sort of thing someone would make up. I mean, really... they're afraid this dog is about to attack them, yet they're thinking about whether they need a running start or not to jump over a watery ditch? If they were that frightened, they'd be shooting without thinking about the ditch or calculating how fast they need to be going to leap it.

One second, "Courtney" says "the dogs came from underneath the trailer and attacked them" and in the next breath says "None of the officers was injured." So what kind of sissy ass dogs were these?? Or are these super officers that are not injured by dog attacks, and thus don't need to to kill them? Somehow or another, there's at least one lie here.

And even if part of that pathetic story is true, the cops are saying they would rather shoot dogs than get their feet wet. I'd like to see pics of the ditch. (but sure I will not get to.)

oyarde
05-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Trespassers are supposed to be fair game for watch dogs.

Cops regularly pay upwards of 5k for a trained dog..........The offending officer should be held personally liable to replace the junkyard owners dogs with dogs that suit the owner. And a few grand for the anguish involved. Correct this one can be easily solved by forcing thousands out of them, it is what I would do , it will put a stop to it at this locality.

oyarde
05-01-2012, 10:13 AM

Property owner should be charged. Anyone else would be smarter than to break into the junkyard .

Captain Shays
05-01-2012, 04:01 PM
AI thought I might get through one day without finding something to be pissed off about.