PDA

View Full Version : Is something wrong with this forum?

torchbearer
06-19-2007, 11:16 PM
It keeps going down.. and then i can't check a new post unless i wait 3000 seconds... and on top of that.. i get an error everytime i try to post a message. the time stamps on other peoples post are not correctly displayed... most likely the cause of the error i get when posting because my time is earlier than the latest post.
my control panel settings are correct. is anyone esle experiencing this error?

angrydragon
06-19-2007, 11:22 PM
The mods are trying to fix the problems.

JoshLowry
06-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Yep, server crashed two times tonight.

Supposedly it was from a 'brute force' attempt, dunno if I buy that though.

The two crashes messed up a lot of the time stamps on posts, search, and just about everything else. We installed some new software and all the bugs should be worked out shortly.

CurtisLow
06-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Thanks Josh for keeping them going!

torchbearer
06-19-2007, 11:32 PM
thank you for your effort Josh. i thought the rampaging squirrel from germany was attacking our server.

AZ Libertarian
06-20-2007, 01:36 AM
The only thing wrong with this forum is there's so much to read/do/research/crosscheck/network with, I don't get much sleep! You should be glad the place goes down once in a while. Take a nap - we still have a long road ahead of us.

I passed out another bunch of flyers today - Freedom feels great!

ratsbew
06-20-2007, 01:39 AM
Yep, server crashed two times tonight.

Supposedly it was from a 'brute force' attempt, dunno if I buy that though.

The two crashes messed up a lot of the time stamps on posts, search, and just about everything else. We installed some new software and all the bugs should be worked out shortly.

If you don't mind me asking, who hosts this site? Do you have a dedicated server?

mikelovesgod
06-20-2007, 01:40 AM
Josh... "We don't need another hero" -Tina Turner

Oh wait, we have Dr. Paul.

JoshLowry
06-20-2007, 01:40 AM
SoftLayer.com and yes it's a dedicated server.

Thanks for the kind words... Bryan and Cujo do a lot of great work here as well.

Off to bed for now, gnight!