PDA

View Full Version : Is the Economic Collapse Closer?

Liberty74
04-29-2012, 06:12 PM
There have been many threads over the last year about a possible financial market collapse.

We are getting closer as more and more European countries struggle with debt, toxic loans, and shrinking economies across the Atlantic. The Dutch government has collapsed is the latest AND...

Article @ 22 Red Flags That Indicate That A Very Serious DOOM Is Coming For The Global Financial Markets (http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/22-red-flags-that-indicate-that-very-serious-doom-is-coming-for-global-financial-markets)

Our government is not stupid. They know the collapse is coming. They have been slowly preparing for a decade...

1. FEMA camps are set up strategically across America.
2. TSA being used to condition you to submit to authority.
3. DHS is buying 400 plus million rounds of bullets.
4. Fusion centers are spying on your every move.
5. NDAA allows the President to claim anyone and everyone a terrorist and destroys the 5th Amendment.
6. Internet kill switch - I heard this failed to pass???
7. Patriot Act destroys the 4th Amendment.
8. 30,000 drones over America.

As Ron says, we know the collapse will occur but what Austrian economics cannot do is predict exactly when.

Article @ Europe Will Collapse In May-June??? (http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1334502720.php) :eek:

All of this could have serious implications for the Republican nomination. Heck, the Democrat Gov. Purdue came right out and said the November elections should be canceled. And how many Democrats and Republicans aren't running for re-election?

floridasun1983
04-29-2012, 06:38 PM
I'll give the articles a read in a moment, but I am absolutely convinced the economy is headed off the cliff and its probably coming sooner than later.

kathy88
04-29-2012, 07:17 PM
In before the move.

ctiger2
04-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Martin Armstrong has the monetary collapse finally happening 2015.75. Armstrong has economic confidence models going back centuries. So, Sept, Oct, Nov of 2015 is when the monetary sys goes.

Carson
04-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Isn't what we have now, what a collapse is?

jbauer
04-29-2012, 08:49 PM
First, you can't go to a gold salesman/website and ask them about the economy. When getting advice, follow the money.

You have to define collapse. Is it a complete collapse of our currency? Or government? Both? Is it a sever depression on the scale of 1929?

Are we headed toward a cliff? Yes. Is it likely our politicians will drive the bus right off of it even though they can see it coming? Yes. Our debt/unfunded liabilities is absolutely unsustainable. We will either have our own austerity program soon or we're dead in the water.

My personal opinion is that we will reach a breaking point economically sometime in the next 3-5 years. I however, don't think that we'll collapse and head into anarchy. Europe's, Asia's and ours writes the script for a "Global Bailout" which is the perfect opportunity to roll out a "Global Currency". This is the perfect path out (for the gloalists) because it allows the world to write off all the losses and put us all back at the same level. This put the entire world wide at the same level. The problem is that our lifestyle is significantly better then 99% of the world. Which inherently requires significant concessions in life-style.

What to do? There's probably nothing you can do. A lot of people say buy precious metals. Metals "preciousness" is in the eye of the beholder. If there is an anarchy type outcome, I'm not giving you any food, energy, water etal no matter how much of a shinny metal you have. Personally, I think the best thing you can do is learn to live on less. Learn to be energy efficient. Learn to be able to grow some of your food. Learn skills that make you useful in an economy that stinks. Excessive hoarding of food, fuel, ammunition etc just makes you that much bigger of a target if things were to get ugly.

The "silver" lining here is that we are an incredible nation. God has blessed us with tremendous wealth. We have untold amounts of energy available but not yet tapped. We are the WORLDS bread basket. We have the best farmland in the entire world and its not even close. But probably most important. We have 320 million consumers accustom to a high on the hog lifestyle. The world needs us to consume.

azxd
04-29-2012, 08:52 PM
In before the move.LOL yea.

azxd
04-29-2012, 08:56 PM
First, you can't go to a gold salesman/website and ask them about the economy. When getting advice, follow the money.

You have to define collapse. Is it a complete collapse of our currency? Or government? Both? Is it a sever depression on the scale of 1929?

Are we headed toward a cliff? Yes. Is it likely our politicians will drive the bus right off of it even though they can see it coming? Yes. Our debt/unfunded liabilities is absolutely unsustainable. We will either have our own austerity program soon or we're dead in the water.

My personal opinion is that we will reach a breaking point economically sometime in the next 3-5 years. I however, don't think that we'll collapse and head into anarchy. Europe's, Asia's and ours writes the script for a "Global Bailout" which is the perfect opportunity to roll out a "Global Currency". This is the perfect path out (for the gloalists) because it allows the world to write off all the losses and put us all back at the same level. This put the entire world wide at the same level. The problem is that our lifestyle is significantly better then 99% of the world. Which inherently requires significant concessions in life-style.

What to do? There's probably nothing you can do. A lot of people say buy precious metals. Metals "preciousness" is in the eye of the beholder. If there is an anarchy type outcome, I'm not giving you any food, energy, water etal no matter how much of a shinny metal you have. Personally, I think the best thing you can do is learn to live on less. Learn to be energy efficient. Learn to be able to grow some of your food. Learn skills that make you useful in an economy that stinks. Excessive hoarding of food, fuel, ammunition etc just makes you that much bigger of a target if things were to get ugly.

The "silver" lining here is that we are an incredible nation. God has blessed us with tremendous wealth. We have untold amounts of energy available but not yet tapped. We are the WORLDS bread basket. We have the best farmland in the entire world and its not even close. But probably most important. We have 320 million consumers accustom to a high on the hog lifestyle. The world needs us to consume.I pretty much agree with you, and the bolded part is gonna really upset those who want total anarchy.

But food, fuel, ammo ... You're only a target, if you advertise ;)
Those who lived through the great depression, always had a good store of food and such ... It makes sense to be prepared, even if nothing happens.

jbauer
04-29-2012, 09:03 PM
I agree, being prepared is smart. Doing what they do on NatGeo in their doomsday prepper show gets way out of hand. Even if you don't advertise "The Man" already knows what your doing or not doing. Those folks would be much better served learning new skills rather then putting 10 years worth of beans in buckets.

sevin
04-29-2012, 09:03 PM
I don't think it's going to be quite as dramatic as a lot of people here expect. Our leaders will go back and forth between inflation and austerity in order to keep it from collapsing all at once. So although things will get worse, it won't happen as fast as you might imagine. Otherwise, they might lose control of their sheep.

jbauer
04-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Yup, they can manipulate the heck out of the economy/currency for quite a long time before it completly blows up. Sooner or later cooler heads will prevail.

I don't think it's going to be quite as dramatic as a lot of people here expect. Our leaders will go back and forth between inflation and austerity in order to keep it from collapsing all at once. So although things will get worse, it won't happen as fast as you might imagine. Otherwise, they might lose control of their sheep.

floridasun1983
04-29-2012, 09:09 PM
The thing is something as large as this will have the ability to spiral out of everyone's control very rapidly, even the "evil bankers" people think control everything.

I don't believe for a second this is going to result in anarchy though. The scared sheep will be sold on the idea that we must have an authoritarian world government to set it all right. That's where this is headed.

The best chance is for us to be ready to spring when the dominoes start falling and remind everyone our guys (Ron Paul and Austrian's) saw this coming and predicted it, and we need to follow their prescriptons for the cure.

archangel689
04-29-2012, 09:21 PM
dr davies says 2047 is his very conservative estimate, but this isnt accounting for obamacare or interest rates or a buch of other stuff, it will occur sooner than that...

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1kStFhhcQVm9oqcdRK-fdEsIoPK3R998SL2NiFLNg9_XPaKC6EZceTfoI7VmS/edit?pli=1

azxd
04-29-2012, 09:30 PM
The thing is something as large as this will have the ability to spiral out of everyone's control very rapidly, even the "evil bankers" people think control everything.

I don't believe for a second this is going to result in anarchy though. The scared sheep will be sold on the idea that we must have an authoritarian world government to set it all right. That's where this is headed.

The best chance is for us to be ready to spring when the dominoes start falling and remind everyone our guys (Ron Paul and Austrian's) saw this coming and predicted it, and we need to follow their prescriptons for the cure.As much as I like RP, he is but one man ... There are about 530 elected representatives who need to be available/removed, when the herd is thinned.

Kluge
04-29-2012, 09:36 PM
The only "anarchy" there will be is in cities where people are heavily dependent on the government dole.

azxd
04-29-2012, 09:49 PM
The only "anarchy" there will be is in cities where people are heavily dependent on the government dole.Too True !!

kuckfeynes
04-29-2012, 09:53 PM
Y'all need to stop using the word "anarchy" when you mean "chaos." It's extremely misleading. Anarchy is a broad term used to describe several different political philosophies, none of which have anything to do with the chaos that ensues after the collapse of a state.

Carson
04-29-2012, 09:58 PM
The governments globally resorted to anarchy long ago propping up the collapse, in regards to upholding immigration laws, for one.

What we are seeing is the real deal unfolding. There is no "if" or "when" about it.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/morestuff/anarchy.jpg

azxd
04-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Something wicked, this way comes.

Carson
04-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Maybe you guys haven't checked out Ron Paul's Battle Plan or are up to what has been going down.

This is...What has been going down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbEPsz7RwV4

Ten parts altogether but if you can't wait.

Battle plan. (Spoiler Alert!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBoTXLWfOIM

Watched all ten and ready for desert perhaps? (www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4Wo3XGP2h0)

Get your own General copy! (https://www.google.com/search?q=yellow+submarine&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=cEj&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=shop&ei=rhKeT8fXFIqTiQK7j8VM&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=6&ved=0CBsQ_AUoBQ&biw=1155&bih=752)

Sargent Peppers coming to a town near you? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?373694-Ron-Paul-to-visit-UC-Davis-and-UC-San-Diego-on-May-3-and-May-4-2012)

TheTexan
04-29-2012, 10:18 PM

I generally agree with this.

The best chance is for us to be ready to spring when the dominoes start falling and remind everyone our guys (Ron Paul and Austrian's) saw this coming and predicted it, and we need to follow their prescriptons for the cure.

They have made it abundantly clear that they like where this country is and where it's headed. Being "right" about the upcoming collapse is going to have about as much weight then as Dr. Paul being right about the 2008 collapse does now. They won't care that we saw this next collapse coming.

We need to stop worrying about trying to make them agree with us. We need to stop worrying about them, and what they think. We need only worry about ourselves, our financial security, our future, our freedom.

As long as these people are fed & entertained, they will happily go down with the sinking ship. There's no reason why we have to go down with them. Secession please.

Kluge
04-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Y'all need to stop using the word "anarchy" when you mean "chaos." It's extremely misleading. Anarchy is a broad term used to describe several different political philosophies, none of which have anything to do with the chaos that ensues after the collapse of a state.

You're right.

palm
04-30-2012, 09:44 AM
Is there an article on how to survive? I have good carpentry skills and a very intimate social network, Should I learn about wilderness survival?

Buy a gun?

Kluge
04-30-2012, 09:52 AM
Is there an article on how to survive? I have good carpentry skills and a very intimate social network, Should I learn about wilderness survival?

Buy a gun?

If you live at the YMCA, it probably isn't a good idea to be packing heat when you go to sleep in a dorm-type setting.

Travlyr
04-30-2012, 10:07 AM
The Road Map To Sound Money and Restoring the Dollar – Ron Paul’s Proposal (http://goldandsilverblog.com/the-road-map-to-sound-money-and-restoring-the-dollar-ron-pauls-proposal-0313/)
September 15, 2011

"Road Map to Sound Money: A Legislative Hearing on H.R. 1098 and Restoring the Dollar".

Ron Paul's efforts to restore a sound currency in the United States continued this week (note: 09/15/11) as hearings were held on his proposed legislation that would allow American citizens to chose from among competing currencies. Ironically, the one man whose proposals could ultimately save the U.S. financial system from collapse, was completely ignored by the mainstream press who provided zero coverage of H.R. 1098.

H.R. 1098, introduced by Ron Paul in March is known as the "Free Competition in Currency Act of 2011". According to Ron Paul, "This bill eliminates three of the major obstacles to the circulation of sound money: federal legal tender laws that force acceptance of Federal Reserve Notes; "counterfeiting" laws that serve no purpose other than to ban the creation of private commodity currencies; and tax laws that penalize the use of gold and silver coins as money."

Ron Paul noted that gold and silver have constituted sound money throughout history. Loss of confidence in the dollar and profligate deficit spending by the government have caused people to flee to gold and silver as a store of value. Paul noted that "Even central banks have come to their senses and have begun to stock up on gold once again." more (http://goldandsilverblog.com/the-road-map-to-sound-money-and-restoring-the-dollar-ron-pauls-proposal-0313/)

Selected excerpts from Dr. Parks testimony:

With no exceptions, the history of legal tender irredeemable paper-ticket-electronic money is that its purchasing power always approaches its cost of production: ZERO!

With gold-as-money, and without the banking system creating money out of nothing, the amount of financial leverage would be de minimis with no possibility of collapse. Because legal tender irredeemable paper-ticket electronic money can be created without limit, there is no market based self-correcting mechanism to limit financial leverage. Especially at a time when those who engage in leverage do not bear the full risk of loss, but are able pass the risk on to the public through the banking system, whose balance sheet and liabilities are de facto guaranteed by the public, financial collapse is a certainty.

Many think that the Great Depression was a “market failure.” Mr. Greenspan has written extremely eloquently that the Great Depression was in fact caused by the Federal Reserve feeding too much credit into the banking system, i.e., enabling the banking system to increase leverage too much.

The Purse & The Sword (http://www.amazon.com/Purse-Sword-Dr-Edwin-Vieira/dp/B003FSTVI6)
Dr. Edwin Vieira Jr.

Jovan Galtic
04-30-2012, 10:17 AM
OK, I lived through an economic collapse and hyperinflation, so here is basically what is important (though it could be different in the US, who knows...)

There will be alternative currency which will be used for virtually all transactions. You need to have access to that because as soon as you receive your salary you'll have to convert dollars into something stable. That will cause run on the banks, because people will not keep their money on bank accounts. Very soon, companies (which survive the first wave) will switch to paying people in cash, some will start paying their employees in the alternative currency directly. It is of course illegal, but everyone will do it and the government will tolerate it just to keep something in the economy running.

You don't need special "skills". What will be needed is basic things - soap, clothes, toilet paper (no kidding) etc. People will sell these in the streets to survive. If you know how to get it cheap and sell it in the street (very soon "flea markets" will self-organize everywhere, that will be your Wall Mart then) you're good. People from the "dark side" will take over "imports" (i.e. smuggling), most likely those will be current drug dealers and so who will evolve into "businessmen". The worst get to the top, nice people suffer.

So two basic things - currency exchange and flea market.

oyarde
04-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Closer ? , yes , every minute.

jbauer
04-30-2012, 01:14 PM
Where did/do you live? Sorry if you've said it before. I pretty much stay in the grassroots portion of this site? How long did it last. Was the mass chaos? I’ve been the one promoting skills in this thread. I have done so because it seems like most people in this country couldn’t find themselves out of a wet paper bag. If McDonalds closed today never to re-open my guess would be 50% of the population would starve to death within weeks because they have no earthly idea of how to do anything other than sit at a desk and shuffle papers around.

OK, I lived through an economic collapse and hyperinflation, so here is basically what is important (though it could be different in the US, who knows...)

There will be alternative currency which will be used for virtually all transactions. You need to have access to that because as soon as you receive your salary you'll have to convert dollars into something stable. That will cause run on the banks, because people will not keep their money on bank accounts. Very soon, companies (which survive the first wave) will switch to paying people in cash, some will start paying their employees in the alternative currency directly. It is of course illegal, but everyone will do it and the government will tolerate it just to keep something in the economy running.

You don't need special "skills". What will be needed is basic things - soap, clothes, toilet paper (no kidding) etc. People will sell these in the streets to survive. If you know how to get it cheap and sell it in the street (very soon "flea markets" will self-organize everywhere, that will be your Wall Mart then) you're good. People from the "dark side" will take over "imports" (i.e. smuggling), most likely those will be current drug dealers and so who will evolve into "businessmen". The worst get to the top, nice people suffer.

So two basic things - currency exchange and flea market.

Jovan Galtic
04-30-2012, 01:27 PM
I lived in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socialist_Federal_Republic_of_Yugoslavia. It lasted for over a decade and is still in a very bad shape (what's left of it...). It was economic and monetary collapse, then civil war and everything...

You are right, those skills definitely help. I wanted to say that people don't need some "high-level skills" but very basic things.

jbauer
04-30-2012, 01:38 PM
I've often talked to folks (here) who swear economic collapse is coming and told them to find me info on the aftermath of the USSR. I'm sure several similarities could be found. History can teach us a lot about the future. Do you know of any books/groups/video's that would be worth checking out?

I lived in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socialist_Federal_Republic_of_Yugoslavia. It lasted for over a decade and is still in a very bad shape (what's left of it...). It was economic and monetary collapse, then civil war and everything...

You are right, those skills definitely help. I wanted to say that people don't need some "high-level skills" but very basic things.

Jovan Galtic
04-30-2012, 01:47 PM
It is very hard to compare... For example, in YU many survived by smuggling goods from bordering countries. It is unlikely that someone from Colorado will drive his Toyota Corolla to Canada or Mexico to bring stuff to sell. We had other currencies available (German marks were everywhere) etc. One very disturbing thing is that in those circumstances people very easily get manipulated, divided and start shooting each other.

Athan
04-30-2012, 02:45 PM
I live in a location where pesos can be "bought" and used by local grocery stores (even a big company like H.E.B. Grocery takes pesos) how will international "border" trade areas manage? China (which has gold and is positioning for global currency) has ties with Mexico so I'm not exactly worried.

Our area is generally poor and has only recently in twenty years seen growth. Hence there is a lot of land orchards and fields around here. Our area simply has the problem you mentioned of drug gangs. They are here and they aren't going anywhere no matter what those idiots in D.C. say.