PDA

View Full Version : need help with war jargon

garrettwombat
11-15-2007, 01:31 PM
when discussing the war with pro-war americans.
i will tell them all of our relations with the country before they ever even attacked us... what it states in the 9/11 commission report... what our CIA has told us...

and the only single come back i have ever gotten is "yes but there is no denying that it is in there religion to kill americans"

and me being very ignorant to the quran, i have nothing to say to that...

iv searched the internet for scriptures in the quran, i can find nothing on it what so ever.

can someone tell me the exact scripture that people are getting this from... its like every person now... i want to know the truth so when people say that i can say "no the hell it doesnt"

DJ RP
11-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Point them to evilbible.com

If you take any holy text literally you can find justifcation to do just about anything.

If muslims, on the whole, wanted to kill americans it would be happening all the time. There are millions here in America and there hasn't been any terrorist attacks since 9/11. Goverment might try to take the credit for that but common sense tells us that if a person has a mind to kill people it's not hard to do it and the goverment ain't going to be able to do shit!

DealzOnWheelz
11-15-2007, 01:56 PM
The QURAN does not talk about killing americans

America didn't even exist when the quran was written
that is completely false and just a way for that uneducated person to justify themselves

DealzOnWheelz
11-15-2007, 01:57 PM
and anyone who lives in philly knows this

GOTO GERMANTOWN AVENUE NEAR ERIE AND HUNTING PARK AVE

That area has thousands of muslims

billjarrett
11-15-2007, 02:27 PM
It's a hard conversation to have in a short period of time. Although I had a different reason than what you listed for not pulling out of Iraq, before hearing Ron Paul I was for staying in Iraq. I also believe that Ron Paul has the ONLY plan that will get us out of Iraq, because it goes along with a strict non-interventionist policy. If we were to pull out of Iraq, but still keep meddling elsewhere around the world (like the other antiwar candidates would do), it would only make our problems worse. As much as the media wants to pitch this as a religious war, the real motivations behind it are political. I would say an interesting place to start on understanding their mindset is http://www.amazon.com/Through-Our-Enemies-Eyes-Radical/dp/1574885537/ref=pd_bbs_sr_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1195156863&sr=8-8

The main reason it's hard to convince people of this is that to understand the real reasons, it takes a rather lengthy history lesson which most people don't want to sit through.

You would have to include the Iranian Coup de'tat of 1953, Carters handling of the Iranian Hostage Crisis (which relates back to the Coup De'tat), Carter and Reagans funding of Islamic Militants starting in 1979 (Where we really helped create and fund the Taliban, and some would say Al Qaeda), our troops throughout Muslim lands (Lebanon and Saudi Arabia to name the big two), our assistance in bringing Saddam Hussein into power, our positions on the whole Israel/Palestine conflict from WWII to present... and really this list could go on for quite awhile, but those are the important ones off the top of my head.

Once you understand our history in that region, it starts to become obvious that it is our foreign policy, not religion, that has the strongest effects there.

Before I started reading about Ron Paul, I believed that we had to stay in Iraq because if we pulled out that would embolden them, be seen as a victory, and would create a very bad snowball effect for us. I still believe that. However, if we have a complete change in foreign policy at the same time, and pull our troops out of everywhere, I think we would have a very positive result; not only there, but in the other areas we're poking our noses into.

Ibtz
11-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Point them to evilbible.com

Not the most objective source - I'm just sayin!