PDA

View Full Version : Outgoing Alaskan GOP chair transfers $$ in a spiteful move.

tod evans
04-29-2012, 04:29 AM
This whole article is good but the pettiness of the "Old Guard" stood out to me.

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/ron-paul-supporters-take-over-alaska-republican-party

State GOP funds and mistrust?
Ruedrich and others in charge of the Alaska Republican Party understood what the ramifications might be if Millete won the chairmanship.

Ruedrich confirmed Saturday that the state GOP transferred all, or nearly all, of its roughly $100,000 to the local Capital City Republicans in Juneau. The party did that because legislators were “concerned,” said Ruedrich, before ending the interview to tend to party business.

They are presumably concerned that Millette might hold back some of that money from their election efforts.

Millete won’t officially become chairman for eight months. He will, however, serve as the party’s finance chairman immediately.

At the party dominated by Ron Paul supporters following the vote Saturday night, Millette was asked what he planned on doing about the funds that had been transferred to Juneau. “We’ll deal with that later,” he said.

nobody's_hero
04-29-2012, 04:39 AM
OOooh. $100,000 . . .

Idiots.

Ron Paul can raise that much money in 30 minutes. A good press release (just don't let melodramatic John Tate write it) and a facebook announcement and we could get Alaska's coffers refilled and then sue for the $100K they laundered.

Most ironic part to me is that they're worried what will happen if the money is controlled by the most fiscally conservative people in the party (Ron Paul people), but if Romney came and said that he needed money, they'd blow it all and throw in some free eskimos.

kathy88
04-29-2012, 04:50 AM
All Millette has to do is say, hey.... the AK GOP could use some funds. Actually, we should try to replace those funds in 24 hours. THAT would be a big FU to our pal Ruedrick. And it might open some AK GOP members' eyes to how good we really are :)

Godmode7
04-29-2012, 05:09 AM
^ YES! Lol, raise 1million in funds to show them thats chump change

kathy88
04-29-2012, 05:47 AM
I couldn't resist commenting on the article. I rarely can resist, now that I think about it... LOL.

Definitely an interesting article, kinda talking out of both sides of the mouth. The unspoken truth, though, is that if those funds get held up in the political tug of war, all Millette has to do is put the word out and Ron Paul supporters can cough up $100 grand in a couple hours. What the AK GOP and the GOP in the rest of the nation doesn't get is how dedicated we are, and how absolutely superb we are at fundraising. But they will back stiff old Mitt Romney who generates about as much excitement as a blown out lightbulb. It's so interesting to watch the GOP of the last 30 years take its' dying breathe as the new GOP is born. I for one am glad to have been a part of it.

thoughtomator
04-29-2012, 06:25 AM
doesn't this constitute felony embezzlement?

kathy88
04-29-2012, 06:28 AM

Silly Wabbit, it's the GOP.

Lafayette
04-29-2012, 06:45 AM
Let them take it, they'll need to supplement their unemployment checks.

sailingaway
04-29-2012, 08:46 AM

It would certainly seem so.

Ron needs money, primarily, but then we might want to consider a moneybomb for the NEW Alaska GOP. They are using the teaparty guy in NH who couldn't get enough funding to say having our guys in as chair means no funding to support operations and local candidates. Iowa Republican essentially is using the same meme to try to scare Iowa to state delegates from electing our folks. $100,000 shouldn't be that hard.

kathy88
04-29-2012, 08:53 AM
So do we need to set up an AK GOP moneybomb?

Barrex
04-29-2012, 09:40 AM
It would certainly seem so.

Ron needs money, primarily, but then we might want to consider a moneybomb for the NEW Alaska GOP. They are using the teaparty guy in NH who couldn't get enough funding to say having our guys in as chair means no funding to support operations and local candidates. Iowa Republican essentially is using the same meme to try to scare Iowa to state delegates from electing our folks. $100,000 shouldn't be that hard.

No.No. NO. NO. This is a matter of principle. That guy can not take money from Alaska GOP and say it is best for Alaska GOP . GOP voted him out!!! It is not his money. He doesnt decide what happens to that money.

http://alaskarepublicans.com/about-the-arp/party-rules/

ARTICLE IV - DISTRICT COMMITTEES
Section 1: Function of District Committees
The Republican District Committee shall be organized in accordance with ARP rules. The District Committee, when the district convention is not assembled, shall be responsible for administering ARP policy in its district, subject to SCC direction. The primary function of the District Committees shall be to promote the election of Republican candidates. This includes candidate recruitment for legislative offices, fund raising for Republican candidates, promotion of the candidates, and any other campaign assistance that may be requested by the candidates.

Notice how they(Capital City Republicans in Juneau/district 3&4) dont have authority to manage funds of entire Alaska GOP. T

Section 12: Functions and Duties of the State Treasurer
The State Treasurer shall act as the sole ARP fiscal agent. All receipts and disbursements shall be recorded as required by APOC and the Federal Election Commission (FEC). The State Treasurer or his designee:
(a) shall deposit the funds to the account of Alaska Republican Party in SCC approved depositories,
Shall deposit funds to the account of Alaska Republican Party State Central Committee approved depositories!!! I am 99,999% sure that local Capital City Republicans in Juneau is not State Central Committee approved depositories.

(b) shall disburse funds for expenses that have been budgeted and/or otherwise approved by the SCC,
This was not part of budget. Was it approved by SCC?

All disbursements except petty cash shall be made by check bearing two signatures, one must be the State Treasurer, Assistant State Treasurer or ARP Counsel and the other shall be an elected Republican Party official or ARP Counsel. The SCC shall determine who is authorized to sign checks. The State Treasurer shall be bonded in such amounts as the SCC may determine, with the premium to be paid by ARP.
Here writes that there needs to be 2 signatures to transfer that money. Who is second guy?

ARTICLE VII - FINANCE
Section 1: Use of Funds
(a) All money raised by the State Finance Committee shall be used for state activities.
(b) All money raised by district committees shall be used for district activities.
(c) District funds may be used to support Republicans in other districts provided the district committee of the district from which the Republican is a candidate has no objection.
(d) If money is raised by a cooperative effort of the State, Districts and/or Affiliate organizations, funds will be divided as agreed upon in advance.
(d) For APOC reporting, all ARP political sub-divisions shall provide timely reporting to the State Treasurer.
(f) When a person is elected as a delegate or an alternate delegate to the National Republican Convention, that person’s check or credit card charge authorization shall be deposited or processed into the ARP Federal Account. If an elected delegate does not attend the National Republican Convention, their housing deposit becomes a contribution unless the non attendance is due to an emergency as determined by the State Chairman.
Section 2: Special Accounts
(a) All ARP political sub-divisions, including, but not limited to the Republican House Majority Fund, the Senate Republican Leadership Council, District Funds and Auxiliaries, may request an ARP sub-account. The sub-accounts balances shall not be made available for general disbursements, but shall be kept separate for the use by the respective committees. The ARP shall file all required APOC reports for these accounts.
(b) The ARP shall charge ten percent (10%) overhead fee on the net funds raised in these sub accounts.
(c) All disbursements for the House Majority Fund, the Senate Leadership Council or similar fund require SEC or targeting committee approval.
(d) Any special account expenditure shall be paid only upon receipt of written authorization from two special account approvers.
Section 3: Financial Budget and Plans
(a) At the first SCC meeting of each calendar year, the State Chairman shall submit a proposed budget for the calendar year. This budget, when approved by the SCC, shall be used by the State Finance Committee to determine the funds required for the year. The SCC may amend this budget at any properly called SCC meeting.
(b) At the first SCC meeting of each calendar year, the State Finance Chairman shall provide a detailed report to the SCC outlining the proposed fund raising projects for the year.
(c) At the first SCC meeting of each calendar year, the State Treasurer shall provide a detailed RPA financial report. The State Treasurer shall also submit a detailed report to each state convention.
(d) Fund raising functions such as banquets, dinners, cocktail parties, and other social events shall be planned by the Finance Committee and implemented by the Special Events Committee that shall be responsible for all event arrangements.
Section 4: Disbursement of Funds
Disbursement of funds at any level of the ARP shall be in accordance with the following:
(a) All funds raised or disbursed shall be in accordance with state and federal law and APOC regulations.
(b) Funds disbursed on behalf of the ARP shall be approved by, and entered into the minutes of, the SCC. The State Treasurer shall not disburse any funds unless approved by the SCC either in a budget or a special appropriation.
(c) Funds disbursed on behalf of a district committee shall be approved by, and entered into the minutes of, the district committee. The District Treasurer shall not disburse any funds unless approved by the district committee either in a budget or a special appropriation.
(d) All disbursements by district committees shall be made by check, except for petty cash, and shall bear at least two (2) signatures, one (1) of which must be the District Treasurer or the Assistant District Treasurer. Each committee shall decide the number and individuals authorized to sign.

Again he needed budget or special appropriation! Can someone get that document?
Rules dont give him right to do what he did on his own.

Few questions:
Can someone go to them and ask all relevant documents?

Did he transferred funds from districts too? If he did he broke rules here too. There is article that says that old district chairman MUST leave MOST of the funds for new chairman.

NO. NO. NO. No moneybombs for this. Get that money back.

(of course this is just my opinion and what I would do but ultimate decision is on people in Alaska)

jbauer
04-29-2012, 09:52 AM
ABSOLUTLEY!!! The AK Republican party, specifically the treasurer have very specific rules on what funds can and cannot be used for. They CANNOT withdrawal the funds that were collected and transfer them to a "safe spot" without signing over access to the treasure or they have committed felony fraud and deserve to be charged with such.

I propose instead of locking them up, we take them to the oil field and let them loose

Silly Wabbit, it's the GOP.

sailingaway
04-29-2012, 09:52 AM

I think they need to set up an account first, that we can donate to, then, honestly, I would.

sailingaway
04-29-2012, 09:56 AM
No.No. NO. NO. This is a matter of principle. That guy can not take money from Alaska GOP and say it is best for Alaska GOP . GOP voted him out!!! It is not his money. He doesnt decide what happens to that money.

http://alaskarepublicans.com/about-the-arp/party-rules/

Notice how they(Capital City Republicans in Juneau/district 3&4) dont have authority to manage funds of entire Alaska GOP. T

Shall deposit funds to the account of Alaska Republican Party State Central Committee approved depositories!!! I am 99,999% sure that local Capital City Republicans in Juneau is not State Central Committee approved depositories.

This was not part of budget. Was it approved by SCC?

Here writes that there needs to be 2 signatures to transfer that money. Who is second guy?

Again he needed budget or special appropriation! Can someone get that document?
Rules dont give him right to do what he did on his own.

Few questions:
Can someone go to them and ask all relevant documents?

Did he transferred funds from districts too? If he did he broke rules here too. There is article that says that old district chairman MUST leave MOST of the funds for new chairman.

NO. NO. NO. No moneybombs for this. Get that money back.

(of course this is just my opinion and what I would do but ultimate decision is on people in Alaska)

You misunderstand me. We don't let it go, but the old chair retains much of his powers until Feb which I'm sure is the 'color' of authority they are using and it will take TIME to get to the money which will likely be being spent unless it is frozen by court action which would hurt local candidates and may or may not be the right thing to do -- I don't know enough about the situation.

Meanwhile OUR AK GOP, the REAL AK GOP, needs money to do GOP things, support candidates, hold events, hire halls, have staff, the things that without money is going to make our guys look pretty lame. Not to mention that the very lawsuit to pursue the money is going to take money.

So ABSOLUTELY pursue this, but also get them pin money to work with.

ronpaulhawaii
04-29-2012, 10:00 AM

Hmmm... How about a expanding the idea a bit to include all states electing Paul chairs...?

sailingaway
04-29-2012, 10:03 AM
Hmmm... How about a expanding the idea a bit to include all states electing Paul chairs...?

I like that for later, but this is the kind of thing that can galvanize supporters, our guys being elected then the old guard swipes the money. I think we should take advantage of it. Also, with NONE, AK needs some immediately in a more dire way, I think. A more general moneybomb would to my mind get little more, and not go as far in any place. We don't want our guys in AK looking like beggars because the other side acted dirty.

I do think we have to think about those GOP areas we control though, in donations. Heaven knows the GOP where most of us live aren't worth supporting....

Kodaddy
04-29-2012, 10:04 AM
I wonder how much power the old chair would have sitting in a jail cell.
We need to move on this ASAP! This would expose the establishment and perhaps provide much needed coverage for RP in the MSM.

Paulistinian
04-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Yes it's time for an AK Moneybomb. Let's refill the party's pocketbook.

Origanalist
04-29-2012, 10:13 AM
I like that for later, but this is the kind of thing that can galvanize supporters, our guys being elected then the old guard swipes the money. I think we should take advantage of it. Also, with NONE, AK needs some immediately in a more dire way, I think. A more general moneybomb would to my mind get little more, and not go as far in any place. We don't want our guys in AK looking like beggars because the other side acted dirty.

I do think we have to think about those GOP areas we control though, in donations. Heaven knows the GOP where most of us live aren't worth supporting....

If one gets set up, count me in for whatever I can. This is a direct attempt to undermine and derail those who won and should be responded to accordingly.

Tyler_Durden
04-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Before setting up an AK MoneyBomb, we need to be certain they can't just transfer the money out again. If I read correctly, our guy doesn't become GOP chair until January. So who's in control between now and then?

Origanalist
04-29-2012, 10:15 AM

Yes.

Barrex
04-29-2012, 10:19 AM
You misunderstand me. We don't let it go, but the old chair retains much of his powers until Feb which I'm sure is the 'color' of authority they are using and it will take TIME to get to the money which will likely be being spent unless it is frozen by court action which would hurt local candidates and may or may not be the right thing to do -- I don't know enough about the situation.

Meanwhile OUR AK GOP, the REAL AK GOP, needs money to do GOP things, support candidates, hold events, hire halls, have staff, the things that without money is going to make our guys look pretty lame. Not to mention that the very lawsuit to pursue the money is going to take money.

So ABSOLUTELY pursue this, but also get them pin money to work with.

I understand but I strongly disagree.(I wasnt being rude just really disagree:cool:). Why would liberty/honest people need to spend money that corrupt try to steal? Liberty people would finance campain of neo-cons etc. Tell them the truth: We dont have money because person x and person y took all money. Make them enemy of all and not just our enemy. It is noble idea but I dont agree with it. With 100,000 dollars we could get 5 people like G. Bradley elected (including real G. Bradley).

If grassroots does this now establichment guys will keep doing this again and again. Why? Because they will realize that they can depleate us that way. We are giving GOP money that we should be useing to elect liberty oriented people.
Best case scenario:
We get all 50 states and we need for all 50 states 50 money bomb to fill GOP accounts with 100,000 dollars per state.

Origanalist
04-29-2012, 10:19 AM
Before setting up an AK MoneyBomb, we need to be certain they can't just transfer the money out again. If I read correctly, our guy doesn't become GOP chair until January. So who's in control between now and then?

From the OP;
"Millete won’t officially become chairman for eight months. He will, however, serve as the party’s finance chairman immediately."

Tyler_Durden
04-29-2012, 10:24 AM

Just to reemphasize:

"Millette, 67, has lived off and on in Alaska.......He will assume chair of the state GOP at the start of 2013. But for now, he will serve as the party’s finance chairman."

"Ruedrich confirmed Saturday that the state GOP transferred all, or nearly all, of its roughly $100,000 to the local Capital City Republicans in Juneau. The party did that because legislators were “concerned,” said Ruedrich, before ending the interview to tend to party business."

So if Ruedrich (the outgoing GOP Chair) is still in charge until January 2013, we need to carefully consider this before setting up an AK GOP MoneyBomb, correct? We don't want our efforts to go to waste if the current chair decides to transfer money again between now and January.....

Origanalist
04-29-2012, 10:25 AM
I understand but I strongly disagree.(I wasnt being rude just really disagree:cool:). Why would liberty/honest people need to spend money that corrupt try to steal? Liberty people would finance campain of neo-cons etc. Tell them the truth: We dont have money because person x and person y took all money. Make them enemy of all and not just our enemy. It is noble idea but I dont agree with it. With 100,000 dollars we could get 5 people like G. Bradley elected (including real G. Bradley).

We do disagree, I think that this would show our strength. Look, they took all the funds and left us nothing to operate with, nice try and it might have worked against Gingrich people but were talking about Ron Paul people here and that wont work. Lets get to business.

sailingaway
04-29-2012, 10:27 AM

If grassroots does this now establichment guys will keep doing this again and again. Why? Because they will realize that they can depleate us that way. We are giving GOP money that we should be useing to elect liberty oriented people.
Best case scenario:
We get all 50 states and we need for all 50 states 50 money bomb to fill GOP accounts with 100,000 dollars per state.

I disagree, I think AK needs the money. Otherwise our guys will be limping. We want them to look REALLY good.

Origanalist
04-29-2012, 10:33 AM
Just to reemphasize:

So if Ruedrich (the outgoing GOP Chair) is still in charge until January 2013, we need to carefully consider this before setting up an AK GOP MoneyBomb, correct? We don't want our efforts to go to waste if the current chair decides to transfer money again between now and January.....

I would say at this point we would be wise to be rock solid certain who controlled the funds donated in a money bomb. Your point is spot on.

ClydeCoulter
04-29-2012, 10:54 AM
To Re-reemphasize as Originalist did (only in bold):

Just to reemphasize:

We don't want to create a money bomb and the the old chair transfer our donated funds away.

Origanalist
04-29-2012, 10:57 AM
To Re-reemphasize as Originalist did (only in bold):

We don't want to create a money bomb and the the old chair transfer our donated funds away.

Fixed it for me :)

airborne373
04-29-2012, 10:59 AM
Is this felony theft?

ClydeCoulter
04-29-2012, 11:02 AM
Is this felony theft?

I would think so, if the authority and rules do not support it.

kathy88
04-29-2012, 11:06 AM
I'm really thinking in terms of headlines... "ousted AK Romney chair absconds with state GOP funds, new Ron Paul chair replaces in 24 hours from small donors..." sorry for typos phone

sailingaway
04-29-2012, 11:08 AM
I would say at this point we would be wise to be rock solid certain who controlled the funds donated in a money bomb. Your point is spot on.

Yeah, I'd wait to hear from our guys that THEY had an account set up and the money would be donated SPECIFICALLY to the RNC under management of the new Financial officer so they can't claim it.

sailingaway
04-29-2012, 11:09 AM
I'm really thinking in terms of headlines... "ousted AK Romney chair absconds with state GOP funds, new Ron Paul chair replaces in 24 hours from small donors..." sorry for typos phone

that's what I was thinking too. Let parties to come see we aren't coming penniless to the table.

But I WOULD give it a cap of say $150,000, because we want to get money to Iowa and other places too.

S.Shorland
04-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Sounds like an appeal to Mr Thiel might be a good idea if they need funds immediately.He also has the funds to frighten off any attempted theft.

Smitty
04-29-2012, 12:36 PM
If possible, have charges brought against them.

If not, sue them for it.

Don't give an inch,...not an inch.

Crickett
04-29-2012, 12:45 PM
Since the crook who transferred the money is still in "charge" I would doubt this is a good idea...

sailingaway
04-29-2012, 12:49 PM
We have to specify it is for a different management fund specifically set up for new management. The "Alaska GOP transition fund" and the donation page should have a specific account and disclose how it is managed and who controls it.

kathy88
04-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Too bad non-Paul republicans will never hear about this crap they've been pulling. Some may actually care.

kathy88
04-29-2012, 01:00 PM
Anyone else noticing that anyone who does anything so blatantly crooked as this funds transfer is not running for re-election? Did they have a huge list of fall guys who were instructed to just do whatever it took, or what? SO hoping we can find monetary connections between the GOP and these crooks later...

FSP-Rebel
04-29-2012, 01:03 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/10scia9.jpg

thoughtomator
04-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Looking up various definitions of embezzlement, this appears to meet every one.

EaSy
04-29-2012, 01:29 PM
http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/ron-paul-supporters-team-joe-miller-take-over-alaska-republican-party

Ruedrich confirmed Saturday that the state GOP transferred all, or nearly all, of its roughly $100,000 to the local Capital City Republicans in Juneau. The party did that because legislators were “concerned,” said Ruedrich, before ending the interview to tend to party business.

They are presumably concerned that Millette might hold back some of that money from their election efforts.

Millete won’t officially become chairman for eight months. He will, however, serve as the party’s finance chairman immediately.

SpiritOf1776_J4
04-29-2012, 03:17 PM

Yep, If this is in a newspaper already speculating that, then it looks pretty obvious.

devil21
04-29-2012, 03:57 PM
Isn't this the guy that got caught stealing from a Macy's or something? No surprise he would try this theft too. Hopefully the AK attorney general's office is watching. They may enjoy nailing this dude. Anybody in AK should file a complaint with the attorney general's office.

VAMole
04-29-2012, 05:52 PM
I would say to let the locals handle it (but obviously if they want our money, I'll be first in line to give). We had a similar situation in 2010ish where a local party boss was about to be ousted, so he and the treasurer transferred all the unit's funds to another local unit, ostensibly to better coordinate election efforts. The new chairman called up the other unit and they voided out the check. Now, this situation is 2 orders of magnitude larger, but I expect you'll get the same result. A local unit isn't equipped to handle 100K and there will be ways for our new chairman to get those $$$ back.

FSP-Rebel
04-29-2012, 07:48 PM
At every chance, I say make an example out of these thieves and crooks. For him F-ing around w/ the delegate regs, his penalty was his chair seat. Stealing from the cookie jar out of spite, throw the damn book at em.

Kluge
04-29-2012, 08:05 PM
I would donate to this, once I'm sure it can't be transferred anywhere else.

jbauer
04-29-2012, 08:59 PM
It'd be great to do a moneybomb. But wouldn't it be smarter to do a AK liberty canidate money bomb? Why give money to ALL the AK GOP?

Origanalist
04-29-2012, 09:14 PM
It'd be great to do a moneybomb. But wouldn't it be smarter to do a AK liberty canidate money bomb? Why give money to ALL the AK GOP?

It sounds as though Ron Paul forces have effectively taken over the AK gop.

Kluge
04-29-2012, 09:20 PM

When facing down the "enemy" it's good to flex your muscles and show 'em that they are going up against someone that will not be easily defeated and is better to try to partner with.

Revolution9
04-29-2012, 09:29 PM
Put the money bomb cash in trust.

Rev9

Scott_in_PA
04-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Seems to me that any money spent, should be to have the current chair charged and removed from his position.
He may just resign from the heat.

That is what should happen and we would get another national vote.

devil21
04-29-2012, 09:36 PM
Put the money bomb cash in trust.

Rev9

That would be ideal but a logistical nightmare. While I like the moneybomb idea I think it's way too possible for that money to be stolen somehow too. I really think that idea should be put on hold until the new leadership takes over.

sailingaway
04-29-2012, 10:06 PM
That would be ideal but a logistical nightmare. While I like the moneybomb idea I think it's way too possible for that money to be stolen somehow too. I really think that idea should be put on hold until the new leadership takes over.

I think it can be done. The rules say who can access the account. They took the money because the financial officer is clearly one of those people. So we just have to not keep too tight a hold on it. Yeah, some mistakes might be made, but it is not like we plan to give a never ending stream, it would be seed money then we expect them to deal with it. MN has debts too and if we take the chair there we have to realize what is being taken over.

J_White
04-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Good to see Ruedrich go !
when is that Charlie Webster guy going ?

devil21
04-30-2012, 10:28 AM
I think it can be done. The rules say who can access the account. They took the money because the financial officer is clearly one of those people. So we just have to not keep too tight a hold on it. Yeah, some mistakes might be made, but it is not like we plan to give a never ending stream, it would be seed money then we expect them to deal with it. MN has debts too and if we take the chair there we have to realize what is being taken over.

Who controls the trust? How do we ensure moneybomb proceeds go to that trust? How do we trust who controls the trust? It's not like we make a chip-in directly into a trust account. Logistically it's a nightmare if we're serious about keeping it away from the current leadership until they leave. Then, there's the possibility that the trust could be sued by the GOP, etc.

sailingaway
04-30-2012, 10:41 AM
That is what I meant about being loose about it. I'll go one further and say that I don't know this new chair's history at all and whether he is a patriot activist or a charleton. But I DO know 'Ron Paul supporters' took over the AK GOP and parties across the country will be looking to see if they sink or swim. I'd like to give them a chance to swim. I'd throw a little money at it, not a ton, little enough that if it was handled poorly I wouldn't care too much. I'd want a separate account set up specifically for the transition, and we would have to meld it with the AK rules to make sure the old chair can't get his mitts on it, but it may end up that the real control will be only giving our guys, and only our guys, signature cards. The old chair could try suing for it, but we'd be suing in return, and if it actually gets to court, I think we should win. I think they are counting on asking forgiveness rather than permission under color of the old chair still holding title, if not financial officer position, until February. But for us, we would just be starting either a legal fund to get the money, or money in a bank account with two signatures necessary on the cards.

People don't have to give, and the structure would have to be set up in AK and vetted by those wanting to give. But I do think it is important to how our takeover of these parties is viewed. The GOP establishment is pointing to the low fundraising of that NH teaparty chair as a reason ordinary people rather than establishment picks shouldn't be elected. Essentially, special interests won't donate unless the party is funneling money to them in the good old establishment fashion. I think it would be a nice response. But it would take a bunch of people thinking so.