PDA

View Full Version : What's Next on the Schedule?

PaulSoHard
04-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Tuesday, May 1
Michigan County Conventions
I don't know how much grassroots support we have in Michigan. Then again I didn't know we had much in Massachusetts to muster up a handful of delegates today at the congressional district conventions.

Saturday, May 5
Nevada State Convention
It is believed that Ron Paul will be making an appearance at the Nevada State Convention to give a final word for his supporters before the delegates are allocated. As it stands right now, Mitt Romney will have 14 delegates bounded to him for the 1st round of the National Convention. Newt Gingrich has 6, Ron Paul has 5, and Rick Santorum has 3. It looks like Paul will have a solid ground game at the State Convention after taking more than half of the delegates in Clark County and Douglas County while sweeping Nye County.

Maine State Convention
People speculated that Ron was going to be the featured speaker at this convention. Jesse Benton came out saying that "We are confident that we will control the Maine delegation for the convention in August." (http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/02/11/ron-paul-victory-in-maine/) Let's hope he's right. Maine elects 6 delegates to the National Convention through it's 2 congressional district conventions and 15 through State. 2 superdelegates have already pledged their support for Mitt Romney.

Tuesday, May 8
Indiana, North Carolina, West Virginia Primaries
Indiana elects and binds 27 of their 46 delegates to the National Convention on primary night based on their results from 9 congressional districts (Winner take all by CD). 16 delegates are elected at the State Convention through a caucus process. These 16 delegates that are elected are not bound to any candidate.

North Carolina is a proportional primary. All of their congressional district conventions have already taken place.

West Virginia directly elects delegates based on their individual performances in their respectful Congressional districts. 19 at-large delegates are selected as well.

Friday-Saturday, May 11-12
Oklahoma State Convention
We've already heard about the great news out of Oklahoma about our supporters sweeping delegates in Districts 3, 4, and 5. 13 of the delegates from Oklahoma will be bound to Mitt Romney, as I understand, for every round until he releases them. 14 and 13 will be bound to Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich, respectively, unless they release them.

Saturday, May 12
Arizona State Convention

New Mexico County Conventions
New Mexico holds a proportional primary on June 5 with a 15% statewide threshold to be awarded delegates.

3 laps down. 1 to go.

FSP-Rebel
04-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Mich is May 3rd, 7pm all locations. I posted all MIGOP co convention venues in the Mich subforum.