PDA

View Full Version : Digg The Ron Paul Movie

TheMarlin1776
11-15-2007, 12:57 PM
http://digg.com/world_news/A_Video_For_America_Part_1_and_2

Here is a repost of A video for America with the end quotes fixed up.
I think it is a very powerful piece and I have already received letters from former troops and meet up groups about it. The last one got 170 diggs before and didnt make the front page, go figure. So I posted this one in world news instead of election 2008. I spent 60+ hours creating and editing it and I ask that you guys give it a chance. Thank you.

Veronica1986
11-15-2007, 01:04 PM
This video is beautiful. I posted a thread about it last night but I guess I forgot to give you props on your own thread. It made my mother cry when I sent it to her too. Here is what I had to say it about it last night.

"I am still a bit emotional as I write this post. This video made me angry, sad, and most of all hopeful. I am surprised it doesn’t have more views but I felt the need to sign up for these forums after watching it (long time lurker first time poster) just to let everyone know how much I was touched by it. I use to be a Hillary supporter but her unwillingness to leave Iraq once elected has forced me to move on. Seeing her in the video gave me chills. I would consider myself a liberal democrat but after watching the video I would have to say I am in the party of Ron Paul whatever party that may be. My cousin served in Iraq and I will be sending this video to all my family members. Thanks again and keep up the good work. You guys are a very talented bunch and I am sure that Ron Paul can win now. There is hope for America yet."

ronpaulyourmom
11-15-2007, 01:19 PM
re-dugg.

plb
11-15-2007, 01:24 PM
The 2nd video is awesome :)

nlke182
11-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Great video, I was joking when I said it looked like a Michael Moore video.

usmcZ
11-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster - I registered to respond to this video...

I will just sum it up by pasting the e-mail I sent to Marlin very late last night...

I'll try to keep it as short as I can, and I am just winging it,
whatever comes to my mind.

For starters, I am still active duty military (A Corporal in the
Marine Corps) although soon I will transitioning to civilian life and
going to college.
I am a combat veteran of Iraq (served in Fallujah and Ramadi) and your
videos were extremely moving. I already have been a supporter of Dr.
Paul's campaign, donated on the 5th, etc. but your videos just bumped
me up a notch, it was almost a wake-up call for someone who is already
a self-proclaimed RP supporter. This country is great, our fathers and
their fathers (etc..) fought against true tyranny and enemies to keep
this country that way. Don't get me wrong, I love the military and am
extremely proud of my service and my brothers-in-arms, but I also no
longer can support the war itself. I could write at length about the
emotions that ran through me during your video, but I will keep it short.
Starting with the image of the Marine sergeant at his wedding, the
collage of IED attack videos, and the dead American soldier on the
ground. I did get choked up with some of those
images, the shit that I have seen and experienced, and how helpless
and worthless you really feel in the corporate machine that runs the current
government.

I really can't sum it up any more than the fact that Ron Paul
seriously motivates me, as an individual, and I really have a gut feeling that people
will be surprised when it comes to primary, then election time.
I don't see how any Americans can honestly support anyone but him.
It was extremely powerful and I hope you continue to produce more, as
you definitely were successful with this series.

It is very late, and I have been writing essay's all day for college
acceptance boards, please forgive my errors or possible incoherent
thoughts but I just wanted to really say: Thank You.

(slightly edited when reposted here..) Sorry for the long post, but I felt the video warranted it and it is a good way to jump into the pool of RP supporters officially now.

American
11-15-2007, 01:38 PM
I be diggin!!

:)

jcims
11-15-2007, 01:40 PM

I think it is a very powerful piece and I have already received letters from former troops and meet up groups about it. The last one got 170 diggs before and didnt make the front page, go figure. So I posted this one in world news instead of election 2008. I spent 60+ hours creating and editing it and I ask that you guys give it a chance. Thank you.

Awesome work. Would you mind posting it to stage6.divx.com or some other video site that has better quality? YouTube beats these up pretty good.

TheMarlin1776
11-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Thanks I million. I was surprised to be receiving emails so quickly after my video was posted. I should be the one thanking you however. All I did was make a video. You actually went out there and risked your own life in the hope of protecting me and everyone else in America. You have already done more then your part and I salute you.

Long time lurker, first time poster - I registered to respond to this video...

I will just sum it up by pasting the e-mail I sent to Marlin very late last night...

I'll try to keep it as short as I can, and I am just winging it,
whatever comes to my mind.

For starters, I am still active duty military (A Corporal in the
Marine Corps) although soon I will transitioning to civilian life and
going to college.
I am a combat veteran of Iraq (served in Fallujah and Ramadi) and your
videos were extremely moving. I already have been a supporter of Dr.
Paul's campaign, donated on the 5th, etc. but your videos just bumped
me up a notch, it was almost a wake-up call for someone who is already
a self-proclaimed RP supporter. This country is great, our fathers and
their fathers (etc..) fought against true tyranny and enemies to keep
this country that way. Don't get me wrong, I love the military and am
extremely proud of my service and my brothers-in-arms, but I also no
longer can support the war itself. I could write at length about the
emotions that ran through me during your video, but I will keep it short.
Starting with the image of the Marine sergeant at his wedding, the
collage of IED attack videos, and the dead American soldier on the
ground. I did get choked up with some of those
images, the shit that I have seen and experienced, and how helpless
and worthless you really feel in the corporate machine that runs the current
government.

I really can't sum it up any more than the fact that Ron Paul
seriously motivates me, as an individual, and I really have a gut feeling that people
will be surprised when it comes to primary, then election time.
I don't see how any Americans can honestly support anyone but him.
It was extremely powerful and I hope you continue to produce more, as
you definitely were successful with this series.

It is very late, and I have been writing essay's all day for college
acceptance boards, please forgive my errors or possible incoherent
thoughts but I just wanted to really say: Thank You.

(slightly edited when reposted here..) Sorry for the long post, but I felt the video warranted it and it is a good way to jump into the pool of RP supporters officially now.

KewlRonduderules
11-15-2007, 01:52 PM
Wow, this is really good!

You all need to watch this!!!

usmcZ
11-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Thanks I million. I was surprised to be receiving emails so quickly after my video was posted. I should be the one thanking you however. All I did was make a video. You actually went out there and risked your own life in the hope of protecting me and everyone else in America. You have already done more then your part and I salute you.

Thanks - again great video and we'll keep helping spread this as just another weapon in the Ron Paul arsenal.

TheMarlin1776
11-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Awesome work. Would you mind posting it to stage6.divx.com or some other video site that has better quality? YouTube beats these up pretty good.

Yeah I am working on that as we speak.

nlke182
11-15-2007, 02:24 PM
Its sad that there is a 60+ page thread about the liberty dollar crap. When something like getting this seen by people will actually help the campaign and it gets little attention.

P.S. I sent this to a few people in my family and my dad said he will donate on December 16th now after seeing this and will let me put a Ron Paul sign in his yard.

Patrick Henry
11-15-2007, 02:26 PM

Dugg and placemarked for later viewing

TheMarlin1776
11-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Lets get more diggs and comments up people. We can do this. Keep sending this video to people it is getting a great response from everyone that takes the 14 minutes to see it. Or you can just watch part 2 if you would like to only see the Ron Paul stuff. Lets make a difference.

Marceline88
11-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Wow, and wow. This video pretty much sums it up.

usmcZ ---- Thank you for joining us here. And thank you for your service. God bless.

Highstreet
11-15-2007, 02:35 PM

Thanks, Marlin.

It is an excellent piece of work. I just watched it, and was coming here to post about it. Wow! Really moving stuff.

TheMarlin1776
11-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks guys. Try to keep this at the top of the thread page. We are over 50 diggs and should be able to make the front page in an hour if we start sending this to people. Also if anyone has a site they would just like me to upload a high quality version send me a link. I am uploading it to stage6 and will post the link when thats finished.

JMO
11-15-2007, 03:55 PM
This is a incredible video. I am curious why you removed part 2 from Youtube. i sent a friend(undecided voter) to youtube to watch it, however it doesn't look like he will be able to see both parts.

TheMarlin1776
11-15-2007, 04:01 PM
This is a incredible video. I am curious why you removed part 2 from Youtube. i sent a friend(undecided voter) to youtube to watch it, however it doesn't look like he will be able to see both parts.

I fixed the quotes at the end and reuploaded a new version it should be a response to the first video. Here is a direct link if you need it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtow6rCj7rQ

JMO
11-15-2007, 04:11 PM
I fixed the quotes at the end and reuploaded a new version it should be a response to the first video. Here is a direct link if you need it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtow6rCj7rQ

Thanks. i had called a friend who lives in Texas to check it out, he is a undecided voter but found Ron Paul interesting. I had directed him to your video but he had the same problem, so i had to walk him through another door to get to it.

coboman
11-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Bump and 5 stars, BUT I really think that there are two issues with the videos:

1. Make only ONE video. The most important is part 2, and many people don't go that far.

2. The quotes must be placed with a music background, right now it is difficult to read and listen at the same time.

bbachtung
11-15-2007, 05:47 PM
I love it as much today as I did yesterday; is there any way to get it down to under ten minutes so that it can be just one part? I realize that the only way to post a video for free on Youtube is in under 10 minute chunks, perhaps we could organize a chip-in to buy a premium account at Youtube to run this as one movie?

speciallyblend
11-15-2007, 06:44 PM
all of you gonna make me tear up geez. I salute you all:)

TechnoGuyRob
11-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Now on www.ronpaulispeace.com

coboman
11-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Bump again. This is a very good video.

coboman
11-15-2007, 10:21 PM
..aaand bump.