PDA

View Full Version : Frustated independent

rbe48
11-15-2007, 12:48 PM
I was raised an independent Democrat in s. sub. Cook County (outside Chicago) and had voted democratic until the 2nd time Bill ran. I voted for Bush, but do not consider myself a Republican either. However, I no longer am a registered Democrat thanks to Billary's policies. Now I'm basically an Independent, and will probably vote for Ron Paul, since he seems to be the only candidate with any common sense about most issues. I'm sure there are a lot more people out there who feel as I do. Thank you.

reaver
11-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Good to have you with us. I'm 21 and registered Republican in 2003/2004 and decided not to mail in my absentee ballot. I just didn't agree with Bush on so many things that I decided not to vote.

This will be the first time I vote.

Zarxrax
11-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Glad you are aboard! However, please check out the rules for voting in the republican primary in your state, because it's very likely that you need to be registered republican in order to vote for Ron Paul in the primaries. If he doesn't win the primaries, he wont be in the general election, so in a sense, your vote in the primary is worth so much more!

RPFTW!
11-15-2007, 02:44 PM
I was raised an independent Democrat in s. sub. Cook County (outside Chicago) and had voted democratic until the 2nd time Bill ran. I voted for Bush, but do not consider myself a Republican either. However, I no longer am a registered Democrat thanks to Billary's policies. Now I'm basically an Independent, and will probably vote for Ron Paul, since he seems to be the only candidate with any common sense about most issues. I'm sure there are a lot more people out there who feel as I do. Thank you.

Welcome!

rbe48
11-15-2007, 04:23 PM
To zarxrax--technically am registered repub. in last primary in IL