PDA

View Full Version : North Shore District 6 reporting in - 2/3 Delegates, 3/3 Alternates go to Ron Paul people!

Sentient Void
04-28-2012, 01:33 PM
I was there at the Caucus for CD-6 in Lynnfield... this is essentially the whole of the North Shore - which is a *very* coveted district. It's allegedly the MA GOP establishment all-star team.

There were 236 people there, which they said is more people than they've seen in 30 years. Lot of Paul supporters (you knew as soon as the 'Liberty Slate' people were being nominated - there was an *overwhelming* amount of 'Seconded's. hahah)!

The establishment here seems to have had a pretty good idea that something was up...

But yeah - The Ron Paul people ended up taking *5* out of the *6* delegate slots! We took all 3 Alternates, and 2 out of 3 Delegates!

The Delegates were *very* close, within only literally 1-2 votes! I'm very glad that that I was able to get my buddy and I to this, otherwise we may have lost at least one delegate to the convention. I had a few people that I tried to get to go, but they busted out at the last minute. Bastards.

If we had only a couple more people with us - we would have absolutely *swept* the convention.

There were some pretty big names there, too. Charlie Baker, Tisei, Kerry Healy, among others. Baker (former nominee to challenge Deval Patrick to the governorship of MA last election) and Healy (former Lt governor) both ran to be delegates - and both lost to Ron Paul people!

Awesome!

Sentient Void
04-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Good discussion thread going on here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?374037-Massachusetts-caucus-today/page7

Apparently, all of Massachusetts *overall* went *very* well for Ron Paul!!!

Obviously, based on MA GOP rules, they are tied to vote for Romney for the *first* vote for the nominee... but *if* it goes to a brokered convention, then they are released and can vote their conscience.

IIRC, delegates also have the power to heavily influence the party platform, vote for the VP, etc.