PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi County Conventions

mommaliberty
04-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Report here yall with any info about shenanigans.

kathy88
04-28-2012, 09:33 AM
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/4/18/v446W6_BJUuoo0mBYtks5w2.jpg

vechorik
04-28-2012, 10:09 AM
Only voters at my precinct were the 6 I asked to come and I'm delegate, hubby alternate.
The counties this afternoon at 3 PM will be much more interesting, I'm sure.
We have 10 RP people from my county going to county-level and one RP person running for executive committee.

Tiso0770
04-28-2012, 10:14 AM
Don't forget to take your camera's y'all.

MozoVote
04-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Nobody expected much in Oklahoma, and look how that turned out. Some of these states with poor primary votes could still turn out surprises at the meetings, if the rest of the GOP is sleeping.

FSP-Rebel
04-28-2012, 12:20 PM
Nobody expected much in Oklahoma, and look how that turned out. Some of these states with poor primary votes could still turn out surprises at the meetings, if the rest of the GOP is sleeping.
Bingo!

KMX
04-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Keep fighting!

cavalier973
04-28-2012, 01:17 PM
I got alternate delegate to the county convention this afternoon. A lot of people were able to get to be delegates just because they were the only ones to show up at their precint convention.

Legend1104
04-28-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm one of six people going to county as a precinct delegate in my county (Lauderdale). They chose eight total delegates from my county and one of them is automatically the count chair head so it really only seven spots. Ghouls possibly go well. Ill update later.

sailingaway
04-28-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm one of six people going to county as a precinct delegate in my county (Lauderdale). They chose eight total delegates from my county and one of them is automatically the count chair head so it really only seven spots. Ghouls possibly go well. Ill update later.

automatic spell check?

mommaliberty
04-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Unless we have some surprises showing up at the County convention I'm sure we will get 1 of the 2 delegates to state.

MozoVote
04-28-2012, 01:42 PM
I got alternate delegate to the county convention this afternoon. A lot of people were able to get to be delegates just because they were the only ones to show up at their precint convention.This is basically how NC works. The GOP almost never holds "elections" at the precint level. The county conventions are also so poorly attended as well, that they simply credential everyone present as eligible for state and district.

vechorik
04-28-2012, 04:20 PM
My county of 4.5 delegates and 4.5 alternates,
we have for Ron Paul 2 delegates, 1.5 alternates,
on the Executive Committee, we have 3 RP people as Secretary, and 2 district representatives. That means 3 on the GOP board!

The voting was fair and quick!

sailingaway
04-28-2012, 04:35 PM
.5 alternates?

Paulatized
04-28-2012, 04:45 PM
My son is going to state as a delegate from Covington Co, My daughter is going to state as a delegate from Lamar County. I am Covington County executive committee secretary. Our alternate delegate is also a RP supporter.

mommaliberty
04-28-2012, 04:46 PM
yes some have .5 delegate/alternate. someone else can explain i don't know all the details on that.

my county got 2 RP delegates of 2. not sure where the alt's stand. The Executive committee is completely paul

cavalier973
04-28-2012, 05:00 PM
While I didn't get elected as a delegate or alternate to the MS state convention, two of the delegates and two alternates are for sure RP supporters. This is in Lee Co. I did, however, get elected to the executive committee.

sailingaway
04-28-2012, 05:05 PM
While I didn't get elected as a delegate or alternate to the MS state convention, two of the delegates and two alternates are for sure RP supporters. This is in Lee Co. I did, however, get elected to the executive committee.

we'll take that!

vechorik
04-28-2012, 05:09 PM
.5 alternates?

Votes allocated by population and I'm in a low-population area, thus I'm the 1/2 delegate BUT I won a seat on the Executive Committee for my district!
A FULL SEAT (whole vote there)!

Aratus
04-28-2012, 05:10 PM
cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

ClydeCoulter
04-28-2012, 05:14 PM
Votes allocated by population and I'm in a low-population area, thus I'm the 1/2 delegate BUT I won a seat on the Executive Committee for my district!
A FULL SEAT (whole vote there)!

What's the other half of you going to do ? :)

(can't +rep vechorik again)

Dave39168
04-28-2012, 05:20 PM
Mississippi gives 1 delegate for every 10,000 people in your County. They give you a half a delegate for 5,000 people. A half delegate is a whole person, whose vote will only count half as much as the regular delegates.

juvanya
04-28-2012, 05:53 PM
The Executive committee is completely paul
This should be done as much as possible. We can "control" future stuff that way.

parke
04-28-2012, 07:38 PM
How did Jackson County and Harrison County do?

WilliamC
04-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Tate County reporting in.

We have 2.5 delegates (actually 2.5 votes) and 3 delegates. I am the 3rd, alternate, delegate. The other two are Republican Party types who aren't necessarily Ron Paul supporters, they like most of his views but 'don't think he can win' and such.

Also, of the 11 members of the Tate County Republican Executive Committee 5 of us (including yours truly) are solid Ron Paul supporters and that includes the Treasurer and the Secretary (me again).

So I've managed to get out from behind my keyboard and start doing something in the real world for a change, just like Ron Paul.

What about ya'll reading this? It's not as hard as it looks...

Paulatized
04-28-2012, 07:54 PM
You must spread some rep around before giving it to WilliamC again. And "don't it" feel good!!!

We have 2.5 delegates (actually 2.5 votes) and 3 delegates. I am the 3rd, alternate, delegate. The other two are Republican Party types who aren't necessarily Ron Paul supporters, they like most of his views but 'don't think he can win' and such.

Also, of the 11 members of the Tate County Republican Executive Committee 5 of us (including yours truly) are solid Ron Paul supporters and that includes the Treasurer and the Secretary (me again).

So I've managed to get out from behind my keyboard and start doing something in the real world for a change, just like Ron Paul.

juvanya
04-28-2012, 09:47 PM

Are these actual RNC delegates or state convention?

WilliamC
04-28-2012, 10:02 PM
Are these actual RNC delegates or state convention?

These are County delegates going to the State Convention.

Mississippi's State Convention will be held on May 18th, and from the little I've heard and read Ron Paul will be having a good representation even though all of our delegates will be bound to vote for other candidates.

Ron Paul did not break 15% in Mississippi and so was not eligible for any of the appointed delegates and I don't know what if any rules apply to unbinding delegates for Santourm and Gingrich since they have suspended their campaigns. If I can do so I will vote for Ron Paul and of course we will vote to send Ron Paul supporters to Tampa as well.

Highstreet
04-28-2012, 10:16 PM

Mississippi's State Convention will be held on May 18th, and from the little I've heard and read Ron Paul will be having a good representation even though all of our delegates will be bound to vote for other candidates.

Ron Paul did not break 15% in Mississippi and so was not eligible for any of the appointed delegates and I don't know what if any rules apply to unbinding delegates for Santourm and Gingrich since they have suspended their campaigns. If I can do so I will vote for Ron Paul and of course we will vote to send Ron Paul supporters to Tampa as well.

Of course see if you can UnBind yourselves too!! :-)

WilliamC
04-28-2012, 10:23 PM
Of course see if you can UnBind yourselves too!! :-)

If there is an ethical way to do this I will support it. I did promise and will promise to represent the Republican voters of the State of Mississippi if I am obligated to do so since it is on their authority I am acting as a delegate. But if playing by the rules allows us to vote directly for Ron Paul then I will do so.

Like Ron Paul I plan to base my actions on my principles, and foremost among those is not lying about my intentions or my goals or how I plan to obtain them. That doesn't mean I'll tell everyone everything all the time, but really no one wants to listen to me talk that long anyway so I'm covered ;)

digitaldean
04-28-2012, 10:24 PM

Try anything you can to make all delegates unbound. The more plurality wins for Paul the better.

lib3rtarian
04-29-2012, 07:31 AM
Try anything you can to make all delegates unbound. The more plurality wins for Paul the better.

THIS. After seeing the light from drummergirl's thread, this should be our aim now. Change the rules at the state conventions to make them all unbound.

ClydeCoulter
04-29-2012, 10:06 AM
Isn't it empowering to see what effect "We The People" can have when we work together for what is right? I think that is part of Ron Pauls message :)

sailingaway
04-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Isn't it empowering to see what effect "We The People" can have when we work together for what is right? I think that is part of Ron Pauls message :)

Exactly.

That tag towards the end of 'For Liberty' comes to mind, that woman saying '[Ron Paul] seemed to be saying [at the Rally for the Republic], that if we wanted what he offered, we would make it happen...and that's why the grass roots simply won't give up on him.....'

He really does have faith in US.

Kage127
04-29-2012, 12:00 PM
We have 4 out of 7 delegates going to the state convention from our county for Ron Paul if the opportunity arises. We were seriously outnumbered at the county level. There was an inner circle of establishment republicans but with a little luck we squeezed by with the majority from here. :D

mommaliberty
04-29-2012, 01:28 PM
it's only to our advantage to unbind the delegates if we get a large number of RP delegates going to State. The numbers haven't all been tallied or released yet. We aren't sure where we stand.

Think about it - if they stay bound, that is more delegates we keep away from mittens if we don't get a good RP delegation representation. I think that the Santorum and Gingrich people would want to see it released. But most of the GOP establishment in MS endorsed Romney. There's a good chance that they are going to the RNC, don't ya figure? Keep the delegates away from Romney.

WilliamC
04-29-2012, 03:22 PM
We have 4 out of 7 delegates going to the state convention from our county for Ron Paul if the opportunity arises. We were seriously outnumbered at the county level. There was an inner circle of establishment republicans but with a little luck we squeezed by with the majority from here. :D

What county if I may ask?

Well Done!

Nissassa
04-29-2012, 07:07 PM

As a former Tate county resident this makes me very happy! Great job, from AZ!

aaanderson02
05-03-2012, 06:15 PM
We swept all 13.5 delegates, the bulk of the alternates, and the entire executive committee in Jackson county!

WilliamC
05-03-2012, 08:14 PM
We swept all 13.5 delegates, the bulk of the alternates, and the entire executive committee in Jackson county!

District 4 is strong for Ron Paul, I love you guys.

See PM, welcome, and oh yes. + rep.

Legend1104
05-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Lauderdale county choose 1 out of 8 and 3 alternatives. We had six people try but the old guard was too strong. We did get at least two on the executive committee. And possibly more.