PDA

View Full Version : Important! From the poll numbers, Romney vs. Paul... if all anti-Romney voters vote Ron

defe07
04-27-2012, 01:49 AM
Ladies and gentlemen,

I would like to inform you that, thanks to the website www.uselectionatlas.org, I was able to find past poll results in the remaining primary states. This website uses an average and they see which state is leaning to which candidate. Anywho, the point of my thread is to inject some hope.

The polls show that if the remaining states had a Romney vs. Paul matchup, Paul, thanks to Santorum, Gingrich and undecided voters, as well as the Paul voters, would WIN the remaining states. R is Romney while P+ is Paul plus all the anti-Romney voters

Indiana:

R: 27%
P+: 73%

North Carolina:

R: 32%
P+: 68%

West Virginia:

R: 13%
P+: 87%

South Dakota:

R: 20%
P+: 80%

Nebraska:

R: 18%
P+: 82%

Montana:

R: 17%
P+: 83%

Utah:

R: 67%
P+: 33%

New Mexico:

R: 16%
P+: 84%

Oregon:

R: 33%
P+: 67%

Texas:

R: 35%
P+: 65%

New Jersey:

R: 42%
P+: 58%

California:

R: 43%
P+: 57%

KY

R: 18%
P+: 82%

Why did I decide to put this up? If we can make flyers of these poll numbers, showing that Ron can win these states with the help of Santorum, Gingrich and undecided voters, we can actually sway them.

We can tell them that if they vote for Ron, they'll actually stop Romney from getting the nomination and they'd allow for Ron to win enough states and delegates to actually have an open convention. We need to try this at least! Polls don't lie.

While it may seem too much to assume all Gingrich, Santorum and undecided voters will all vote for Ron, I don't think it's far-fetched to tell them that we need their votes and only voting for Ron will allow for an open convention.

Time to print flyers up, baby!

Paul Or Nothing II
04-27-2012, 02:13 AM
The reason the "anti-Romney" vote isn't & probably won't go to Paul because he's been carrying the tag of "unelectable" for FOUR YEARS & NOTHING has been thus far to counter that so at this stage, if it comes down to Romney v Paul, even most of the anti-Romney will reluctantly go with Romney because Romney is "electable" & "can beat Obama" while Ron Paul is "unelectable"

Remember, the ONLY reason Romney is leading because people THINK he's their best bet against Obama because getting rid of Obama is the MAIN PRIORITY for most Republican voters

So the ONLY way Ron Paul is going to get anywhere in this race is if we shed the "unelectable" label & present him as the MOST ELECTABLE CONSERVATIVE while pointing out that Paul CAN beat Obama because Paul attracts support from across the political spectrum from Republicans to Independents & Democrats & THAT'S WHY Paul does so well head-to-head against Obama, he even BEATS BOTH Romney & Obama among Independents, which is crucial to winning General Elections
Romney, on the other hand, is just another Obama, he's NOT a conservative, he's a LIBERAL!

csu1987
04-27-2012, 03:15 AM
I like this idea.

J_White
04-27-2012, 06:17 AM
lets remain on the ground please.
that is a very big IF !!

sailingaway
04-27-2012, 05:29 PM
That's what conservatives have to believe and be galvanized by. Are they sick of being taken for granted and never represented at the highest levels in the party? If so they should block Romney and remind the RNC there are more conservatives than moderates in the party.

It opens up possibilities and keeps them as power brokers.

sailingaway
04-27-2012, 05:33 PM
Except Ron Paul has won exactly ONE head to head poll against Obama in the last two months at least. And he didn't even win that. He was a statistical tie. Romney, meanwhile, he won almost half.

Ron has always polled second best to Romney and I suspect a big part of the 'second' best was partisan conservatives refusing to vote for any conservative except their own guy to make him poll better. He has polled better than Romney before the poll you mention and has beaten Obama before the poll you mention. But on average, Romney polled a HAIR better - but always within the statistical margin.

Conservatives don't have to vote for Ron because they want Ron though. they could vote for Ron because he is the only one in a position to get delegates, to block Romney, knowing there will be a lot of conservative delegates at RNC who might carve a better deal than what conservatives will otherwise get -- if their votes are needed.