PDA

View Full Version : CNN Article Ron Paul True Believers

rockerrockstar
04-26-2012, 11:37 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/26/politics/paul-true-believers/index.html

I read through the article and the one bit that bugged me was this.

As the primary season rolls on and Paul is still looking for his first contest win, the odds of a Paul presidency look bleak. Paul is also up against an RNC rule, Rule 40, that states a candidate must have received a plurality of votes in five states in order to even be considered at the convention. Paul has yet to receive a plurality in one state.

Now I think this is wrong. I think Ron has enough delegates winds in at least 5 states. But the question is the popularity polls counted only or the delegate wins. Also, did not Ron win Iowa. He also won the Virgin Islands popular vote.

hells_unicorn
04-28-2012, 12:20 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/26/politics/paul-true-believers/index.html

I read through the article and the one bit that bugged me was this.

Now I think this is wrong. I think Ron has enough delegates winds in at least 5 states. But the question is the popularity polls counted only or the delegate wins. Also, did not Ron win Iowa. He also won the Virgin Islands popular vote.

It's a plurality of delegates, not the straw vote which is non-binding in those caucus states. Ron basically has Iowa, Minnesota and Colorado in the bag, and a similar story is unfolding in Washington and Maine. If all goes well, Ron may outright win the popular vote in Louisianna, and he is poised to do well in a number of other caucus states yet to hold their delegate elections for Tampa.

CNN is not a reliable source in my opinion, and when even Fox News grudgingly admits that Ron being at the convention is inevitable, it's best to ignore B.S. articles like this one.

Lafayette
04-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Lets not forget he won the popular vote (even though he didnt win majority of delegates) in the Virgin Islands, MSM likes to totally ignore that one.
Though when the outcome is reversed and Paul loses the popular vote but wins the majority of delegates there is still no headlines.

The_Great_Refusal
05-02-2012, 04:47 AM
ron paul 2012

V3n
05-02-2012, 05:41 AM
CNN is a notorious liar.

NorfolkPCSolutions
05-02-2012, 06:27 AM
dear GOP: nominate Paul, or prepare for defeat at the hand of Barack. it isnt too late to change course.

CaptainAmerica
05-02-2012, 06:30 AM
more made up rules...haha.if a brokered convention isnt even permitted ,...whats the point of the electoral college?stupid cnn

Liberty74
05-02-2012, 06:52 AM
CNN is a notorious liar.

THIS

Remember, CNN put out that fake poll in Iowa that did not purposely include Indies to give this illusion that Santorum was rising. He was not. Then all the media reported it as truth and within 10 days Ricky went from 8% in the all inclusive polls to winning with 24%. It was all done to knock Ron out of first place who was on the path to winning that state.

Oh and btw, CNN ratings have plummeted to 8 year lows. What a pity!!!

No Free Beer
05-02-2012, 07:03 AM
Why do you guys care?

We are winning without them.