PDA

View Full Version : For All Who Think Phone From Home is a Lost Cause...

LKMN
04-26-2012, 10:29 PM
I was trying to decide whether to commit to doing this phone thing or not, when I realized something.
I have been a RP supporter since '07 but had become somewhat jaded after our treatment that election season and while, I still talked about RP and the liberty movement alot, I hadn't really done much since then.
A week before the caucuses I got a call from someone (who I now assume was one of many dedicated individuals doing phone from homes) When she found out who I supported she became excited and encouraged me to attend my caucus and to try to be a delegate. Me, being both a people-pleaser and a lady-of-my-word, agreed that I would go. I got elected as a delegate to county, and that got me excited so at that point really I rolled up my sleeves. I started attending BPOUs, got friendly with my local GOP members, made fliers, put together a speech, and got elected to district where I helped bring in alternates, convince a few undecided Santorum voters, and ultimately played a part in Ron Paul's MN win. I'll be going to state in a few weeks to help solidify that win and grab more delegates. I'll also be helping to nominate Kurt Bills - our RP endorsed candidate for US senate.
The moral of the story? I was jaded, and slightly apathetic...and all I needed was that one little push off the couch - One person to look me in the eye (sort of) and say 'You have a chance to make a difference - why not take it? Can I count on you?'
Yes ma'am. Yes you can... ;-)
that one call made a big difference.

PauliticsPolitics
04-26-2012, 10:31 PM
:toady:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:toady:

For real.

floridasun1983
04-26-2012, 10:34 PM
This is one of those things that you either believe makes a huge difference, or you believe it really doesn't. Based on our rather poor GOTV results I'm not convinced.

LKMN
04-26-2012, 10:48 PM
I understand that there are two different viewpoints - but I wanted to give mine. That's the reason I made the post - because I didn't think it would ultimately make a difference until I suddenly put it into context in regards to my own 'liberty path'. Thought it might be perinent to a few other people. Guess not?
PP I don't understand the intent of your post at all. Sarcasm?

SneakyFrenchSpy
04-26-2012, 11:00 PM
Great example of the power 1 person can have on another and the exponential results that happen thereafter...
LK have you liked Kurt's Facebook page yet? (See Sig) I've been trying to pump up his page everywhere I can including on this forum and on Facebook. As of right now, Israel-First (https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=319612698110720) Hegseth has way more updates posted to his page everyday, yet Kurt has roughly 3.5x more LIKES and I feel like we're barely scratching the surface.

Thank you for your new-found commitment, and rock on in Minnesota! The World is watching :p

PauliticsPolitics
04-26-2012, 11:02 PM
I understand that there are two different viewpoints - but I wanted to give mine. That's the reason I made the post - because I didn't think it would ultimately make a difference until I suddenly put it into context in regards to my own 'liberty path'. Thought it might be perinent to a few other people. Guess not?
PP I don't understand the intent of your post at all. Sarcasm?

No Sarcasm. It would be a crime to break out the toadies with sarcasm.

Your story is a good testament to the value of PFH, especially in regard to rallying old school peeps and getting them back into the delegate game.
In the end, it will be hard to know the true value of PFH as we really cannot afford to do a true scientific study. I mean, we have generally done better in states that were PFH focuses, but these were already states that we had some advantage in.
I was more enthusiastic that you got to be part of the MN rumble. Kill it at MN state!:toady:

LKMN
04-26-2012, 11:03 PM
Thank you! I would love to 'like' his page, but I abandoned facebook over a year ago...
I'm seriously considering getting back on board though - at least for the duration of election season. ;)

LKMN
04-26-2012, 11:08 PM
PP - OH! - Well good haha! I totally did not get it.
And yeah that is what is so fun about MN right now - there is so much RP support but still SO MANY left still fighting us. It makes for a really interesting dynamic around here. State should be crazy - because the rest of the MN GOP leadership is really freaked out right about now. They honestly did not see it coming.

J_White
04-26-2012, 11:37 PM
thanks for ur efforts and good luck at the state level, be prepared.

sailingaway
04-27-2012, 12:16 AM
coool!! And DO be prepared at state! They will do ANYTHING, we know that by now....

eleganz
04-27-2012, 12:26 AM
For those that doubt phone-from-home, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Sincerely,
Somebody speaking from experience.

SneakyFrenchSpy
04-27-2012, 12:34 AM
Do you guys have a leaderboard somewhere of made calls and conversion rates?

sailingaway
04-27-2012, 12:43 AM
Do you guys have a leaderboard somewhere of made calls and conversion rates?

we wouldn't put it in public

Tinnuhana
04-27-2012, 02:13 AM
Santo had hiscallers divided into teams and awarded prizes...probably needed to do that.

eleganz
04-30-2012, 02:21 AM
Santo had hiscallers divided into teams and awarded prizes...probably needed to do that.z

I made more calls than the entire Santorum campaign <--fact

kathy88
04-30-2012, 03:45 AM
Thank you! I would love to 'like' his page, but I abandoned facebook over a year ago...
I'm seriously considering getting back on board though - at least for the duration of election season. ;)

I'm getting rid of mine after election season as well. Great job and thanks for sharing. I think I need to hear stuff like this occasionally to remind me when I get discouraged.

slamhead
04-30-2012, 07:53 AM
The phone from home program must be used responsibly. I for one cannot stand dead air calls from predictive dialers. I had a republican in a local election in 2008 dial my home up to a dozen times in one day with dead air calls. When I contacted the campaign and ask them to take me off their list they actually hung up on me. I dialed them back with the same frequency just to get my point across. Needless to say I voted for her opponent just for the annoyance. I have heard similar complaints about our phone from home program, specifically people getting multiple calls in a day.

Steve-in-NY
04-30-2012, 08:08 AM
The phone from home program must be used responsibly. I for one cannot stand dead air calls from predictive dialers. I had a republican in a local election in 2008 dial my home up to a dozen times in one day with dead air calls. When I contacted the campaign and ask them to take me off their list they actually hung up on me. I dialed them back with the same frequency just to get my point across. Needless to say I voted for her opponent just for the annoyance. I have heard similar complaints about our phone from home program, specifically people getting multiple calls in a day.Thats rare.

Dutch
04-30-2012, 08:15 AM
OP +rep!