PDA

View Full Version : Party for Romney?

Eisenhower
04-26-2012, 09:38 PM
Hello friends, I would like to talk about Romney's top contributors list here: http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/contrib.php?id=N00000286

This is extremely inaccurate to say the least... In case some of you haven't realized, corporations, hedge fund sponsors, etc. are forcing their employees to make minimal donations to particular candidates or political parties. These donations are personal, and given to super PACs (which of course do a candidates' complete bidding), and not counted under the list shown above. You can navigate through the opensecrets website to find super PAC donations, but you will not find what I am about to say below.

I know for a fact that John Paulson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Paulson) is having a party at his home tonight for Mitt Romney, and forcing his employees of Paulson & Co., the third largest hedge fund, in attendance to give a MINIMUM donation of $37,500 each. How can another campaign compete with this nonsense and essential corruption if the billionaires are getting their slaves to give to whomever they like? Of course, one could refuse to donate, but I think we all know what would happen to that particular employee if they do not comply. I'm personally not one to believe in many conspiracies, but it's obvious here how close Wall Street, American corporations and politics truly is (for example Paulson & Co. owns 2% of BoA, surely the list could go on and on for other hedge funds/investment firms, corporations, etc.).

Another interesting thing: I was Googling some things on political donations for particular zip codes, and I researched some towns with a rather large population of millionaires relative to other towns around NYC. There was a list of political contributions for each political party with the amount and percentage of contributions for each party. The list began in the year 2000, where the percentages from 2000-2006 were all severely outdone by contributions to Republicans (surprise, Bush administration). In 2008-2010, it drastically changed in favor of the democrats (obama). But in 2012, the shift has gone back to the republican party, with about a 70% to 30% division of contributions in favor the republicans. Again, I'm not one to believe in conspiracies, but I don't see obama getting re-elected by looking at these numbers.

Thank you for reading, I am interested in hearing your thoughts :)

Eisenhower
04-26-2012, 10:12 PM
liberty friends

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/401575_284064615012679_194983953920746_635519_7592 46517_n.jpg

Titus
04-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Do you have a link to that allegation that some bosses are forcing their employees to donate?

Eisenhower
04-27-2012, 12:34 AM
there is no link, i know one of the people personally who was told to make a contribution, and that is the exact minimal amount that he was told to give

Paul Or Nothing II
04-27-2012, 02:27 AM
+1

Tinnuhana
04-27-2012, 05:14 AM
So, Paulson any relation to Hank?

Eisenhower
04-27-2012, 05:20 PM
So, Paulson any relation to Hank?

Heh, no they are unrelated.