PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Ron Paul about to win Louisiana (but we need help)

Matt Collins
04-26-2012, 03:23 PM
The Louisiana State Director just called me to ask for me to get the Ron Paul NetRoots moving on this ASAP - we have less than 48 hours.

He told me we are about to win Louisiana, but that it could very well be a situation like Maine, where only a few dozen or couple of hundred votes make the difference. The Party down there is doing everything they can to stop us from winning the caucuses this Saturday. Things are stacked in our favor at the moment but we need an overwhelming victory to ensure that it will be impossible to be taken from us.

There are 2 things you can do specifically to help out:

1- If you know any Ron Paul supporters in Louisiana please tells us who they are. You can do that by going to www.RonPaulLA.com (http://www.RonPaulLA.com) and submitting their information to the form titled "Submit A Supporter".

2- If someone needs to know the details of their caucus, time, location, etc, then they need to visit www.LouisianaVoter.com (http://www.LouisianaVoter.com) where they can get the needed information

3- Everyone in Louisiana needs to "vote for slate #7".

Remember the Republican Party STOLE the election in Louisiana from Ron Paul last time, let's make history and not let that happen again!

jbauer
04-26-2012, 03:26 PM
Get-er done!!! Those Louisianan's know how to cheat...see the saints :p

eleganz
04-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Most important thing you can do in this next few days is phone from home

sailingaway
04-26-2012, 03:29 PM

this

http://phone.ronpaul2012.com

evandeck
04-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Will there be a straw poll for the caucus this time? Or will it be like Missouri?

Freespeech468
04-26-2012, 03:57 PM

AGREED! get on those phone lines!

tremendoustie
04-26-2012, 04:05 PM
I haven't PFH'd in a while, but I'll try to find time to do it tonight & tomorrow night.

beardedlinen
04-26-2012, 04:24 PM
"haven't been here in awhile bump"

MarcusI
04-26-2012, 04:33 PM
Will there be a straw poll for the caucus this time? Or will it be like Missouri?

I would also like to know it

muzzled dogg
04-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Should be interesting to see

EBounding
04-26-2012, 05:16 PM
I would also like to know it

I would also, also like to know if there will be a straw poll.

Highstreet
04-26-2012, 05:21 PM
bump

Sentinelrv
04-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Matt, YOU MUST have somebody post this info on Ron's Facebook page. That's almost a million potential viewers of this info compared to the couple hundred that will see your message here. If we are to win, the Facebook account has to be utilized to get the word out.

justatrey
04-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Matt, YOU MUST have somebody post this info on Ron's Facebook page. That's almost a million potential viewers of this info compared to the couple hundred that will see your message here. If we are to win, the Facebook account has to be utilized to get the word out.

This!

Sentinelrv
04-26-2012, 05:47 PM
I just sent him a message about it in case he doesn't come back to this thread. I just cannot understand why the campaign doesn't make better use of their gigantic Facebook page. It's such a great way to spread the message quickly.

Shotdown1027
04-26-2012, 05:57 PM
We do need help in LA. We ARE on the verge of winning, but we need people to PFH.

What would also be helpful is for some people to do targeted Facebook ads aimed at Ron Paul people in Louisiana. Since the Caucus is at 8am-noon on Saturday, I suspect it might already be too late for that.

No straw poll--just a caucus. We've got a wickedly clever strategy, too. Stay tuned for fireworks.

fletcher
04-26-2012, 06:16 PM
BREAKING: Someones prediction is not BREAKING NEWS!

BREAKING: Ron Paul will be the next president (if everyone votes for him).

Bastiat's The Law
04-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Someone post this on the Ron Paul 2012 facebook FAN page. That page has hundreds of thousands of fans.

JKinder313
04-26-2012, 07:03 PM

As a Ron Paul guy, I love you. As a Saints fan, I hate you :P

Matt Collins
04-26-2012, 07:09 PM
Matt, YOU MUST have somebody post this info on Ron's Facebook page. That is not within my control, sorry.

alucard13mmfmj
04-26-2012, 07:11 PM
It could be a close battle in Louisiana. It is assuming Santorum and Gingrich supporters rally behind Ron >.<... I have a bad feeling that Santorum might come out in front.

What is the best way to get to Santorum supporters?

pacu44
04-26-2012, 07:16 PM

1)I call BS, with all due respect, none of the "cheaters" were from Louisiana... And, without getting into a debate, this is tackle football...

2) Jefferson Parrish, my precinct will carry for Paul. I know I have people voting (registerd {R}) that would usually not even know what is going on, showing up Saturday to take of business as a personal favor to me... I have co-workers in Orleans, St Tammany and St Benard all taking care of business with wives on board too... Between my area and coworkers, I have 40+ voting for Slate 7...

3) No rain, gonna be a great day :)

Tamasaburo
04-26-2012, 07:45 PM
My family lives in New Orleans. I've already told them to go to DeLa Salle High School and vote for slate #7. Is there anything else they can do? This isn't one of those situations where there's a meeting and a bunch of confusion, is there?

seawolf
04-26-2012, 07:46 PM
Let's shock the world again.....Phone from Home.....and Donate to the Campaign!!!

Matt Collins
04-26-2012, 07:50 PM
My family lives in New Orleans. I've already told them to go to DeLa Salle High School and vote for slate #7. Is there anything else they can do? This isn't one of those situations where there's a meeting and a bunch of confusion, is there?
If you know any Ron Paul supporters in Louisiana please tells us who they are. You can do that by going to www.RonPaulLA.com (http://www.ronpaulla.com/) and submitting their information to the form titled "Submit A Supporter".

Tamasaburo
04-26-2012, 08:10 PM
If you know any Ron Paul supporters in Louisiana please tells us who they are. You can do that by going to www.RonPaulLA.com (http://www.ronpaulla.com/) and submitting their information to the form titled "Submit A Supporter".

But what happens then? Do they just call them to remind them to vote for Ron Paul or do they ask them to participate in some more significant way? I feel weird submitting their names when I don't what exactly it's for and what they should expect.

Feelgood
04-26-2012, 08:25 PM
Where is Torchbearer? I'm surprised he is not all over this thread...

Matt Collins
04-26-2012, 08:43 PM
But what happens then? Do they just call them to remind them to vote for Ron Paul or do they ask them to participate in some more significant way? I feel weird submitting their names when I don't what exactly it's for and what they should expect.They should be called, ensuring that they are RP supporters, and then given instructions for their caucus.

Matt Collins
04-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Where is Torchbearer? I'm surprised he is not all over this thread...My guess is that he's probably really busy and having very little time for RPF right now, which is a good thing.

J_White
04-26-2012, 10:03 PM
Thus spake The Collins !!
get on it people.

If we cant get the official RP FB page people to post this, then we can post it ourselves, maybe people will see it.

btw Collins, since you said here that we should vote for the slate #7, in that case should we expect a FAKE #7 slate from Romney campaign ?

DonovanJames
04-26-2012, 10:08 PM
get on it people.

If we cant get the official RP FB page people to post this, then we can post it ourselves, maybe people will see it.

btw Collins, since you said here that we should vote for the slate #7, in that case should we expect a FAKE #7 slate from Romney campaign ?

Without a shred of doubt of course

growburn13
04-26-2012, 10:08 PM
get on it people.

I am a delegate candidate in the 1st CD and Slate #7 is the real deal 100% RP Slate. 1 Slate is the Romney Official Slate, meanwhile 2 other "Conservative Delegation" Slates are a majority Romney supporters mixed with Santorum/Newt Candidates.

http://www.thedeadpelican.com/2012/CAUCUS3.HTM

S.Shorland
04-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Bump

Havax
04-27-2012, 06:30 AM
E-mail bomb the campaign to tweet/facebook this message.

Sentinelrv
04-27-2012, 08:37 AM
E-mail bomb the campaign to tweet/facebook this message.

Has anyone tried contacting Doug Wead? He can sometimes get the message to the right person.

DonovanJames
04-27-2012, 08:42 AM
Put this on our Springfield Facebook group -- found 1 guy who both sides of his family live in Louisiana and he'll be all over that today... Going to be setting up a callathon tonight after work!

GOGOGOGO Activism!

Bastiat's The Law
04-27-2012, 08:43 AM
Anything on Facebook yet? The official Paul page has a million followers and the unofficial has about 500k. If you want to spread something fast you HAVE to use Facebook as a tool in your arsenal.

DonovanJames
04-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Anything on Facebook yet? The official Paul page has a million followers and the unofficial has about 500k. If you want to spread something fast you HAVE to use Facebook as a tool in your arsenal.

Just spam the comments of anything that RP posts -- It's what I do for moneybombs

Darguth
04-27-2012, 08:57 AM
But what happens then? Do they just call them to remind them to vote for Ron Paul or do they ask them to participate in some more significant way? I feel weird submitting their names when I don't what exactly it's for and what they should expect.

If they are interested in participating in a more significant way you can send me their contact info and I'll make sure it gets to the site coordinator for De La Salle who is orchestrating our volunteer effort there. I'm our Gretna site coordinator.

whippoorwill
04-27-2012, 09:42 AM
Bump!

The Magic Hoof
04-27-2012, 09:59 AM
Hey guys. I'm voting in the Caucus tomorrow on Greenwell Springs road. I've never voted in a Caucus before so I'm not sure how this works. Do I just walk in and vote and that's it?

Elwar
04-27-2012, 10:05 AM
Hey guys. I'm voting in the Caucus tomorrow on Greenwell Springs road. I've never voted in a Caucus before so I'm not sure how this works. Do I just walk in and vote and that's it?

Not sure but remember to vote for slate #7.

Remember the Maine!!

Bastiat's The Law
04-27-2012, 10:12 AM
Will Dr. Paul be in Louisiana? Seems like he should be campaigning there instead of Texas.

sailingaway
04-27-2012, 10:27 AM
Will Dr. Paul be in Louisiana? Seems like he should be campaigning there instead of Texas.

He's been there twice already this election. Under the radar is good as well. And Texas is his home he represents.

Darguth
04-27-2012, 10:35 AM

Yes, the Louisiana CD caucuses are not like you've seen in other states where it's a convention with parliamentary rules and all that. It's what's known as a "firehouse primary". You'll come in and vote on a slate of delegates to send to the State convention. Ron Paul is slate #7 so vote for all delegates and alternates from slate #7 and ONLY those :)

Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes.

Bastiat's The Law
04-27-2012, 10:39 AM
He's been there twice already this election. Under the radar is good as well. And Texas is his home he represents.
But if Collins is putting out the call for 48 hour help here on the forums this doesn't bode well for us. Hell one rally for Dr. Paul would draw thousands of people in that state, who could then be mobilized. Now if Ron held 3-4 of these you get the idea.

Bastiat's The Law
04-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Yes, the Louisiana CD caucuses are not like you've seen in other states where it's a convention with parliamentary rules and all that. It's what's known as a "firehouse primary". You'll come in and vote on a slate of delegates to send to the State convention. Ron Paul is slate #7 so vote for all delegates and alternates from slate #7 and ONLY those :)

Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes.
Sounds like we need poll workers everywhere handing out delegate slates.

This is what the people in Penn made

http://www.palibertydelegates.com/Delegate_Card_Front_CD17_web.png

http://www.palibertydelegates.com/Delegate_Card_Reverse_web.png

Darguth
04-27-2012, 10:42 AM
But if Collins is putting out the call for 48 hour help here on the forums this doesn't bode well for us. Hell one rally for Dr. Paul would draw thousands of people in that state, who could then be mobilized. Now if Ron held 3-4 of these you get the idea.

The problem is that there is a registration deadline of Dec. 15 2011 (yes, 2011...last year) to vote in the caucuses. That means we need established Republicans to be voting, not independents and disaffected Democrats. Pulling people in to rallies at this point would do little more than provide a morale boost for people that are already putting in 25 hour days. Which, while swell, is perhaps not the best use of the Congressman's time at this point.

I think Dr. Paul has done all he can in Louisiana...it's up to us, the grassroots, for the final push. The candidate himself can only do so much.

Darguth
04-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Sounds like we need poll workers everywhere handing out delegate slates.

Taken care of :)

Though more volunteers would certainly help :)

sailingaway
04-27-2012, 11:45 AM

How is your post constructive? Tonight Ron is speaking in Houston and the Louisiana primary is tomorrow. The scrambling is due to both the fact that we ALWAYS need a volunteer push before elections, and that the 'establishment' just pulled a trick putting out a supposedly Romney / Santorum slate reportedly full of peopel on the Romney wagon, some just more recently than others, In other words, no Santorum at this point.

I agree it would have been great to rally people if Ron could have been in Louisiana again, but he has had two swings through there, one fairly recently.

Jordan Liberty
04-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Let's go Louisiana! In addition to winning the caucuses, is there a way to get Paul supporters to be the 10 delegates bound to Santorum from the Louisiana primary?

Tiso0770
04-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Can we use the New Orleans incident after the hurricane to our advantage, us here in Kentucky worked tirelessly to help them the best we could with what we had.

In my opinion, voting for Romney would result in the same outcome as would bush if he get's elected(which he won't).

just a thought....

Bastiat's The Law
04-27-2012, 12:09 PM
The problem is that there is a registration deadline of Dec. 15 2011 (yes, 2011...last year) to vote in the caucuses. That means we need established Republicans to be voting, not independents and disaffected Democrats. Pulling people in to rallies at this point would do little more than provide a morale boost for people that are already putting in 25 hour days. Which, while swell, is perhaps not the best use of the Congressman's time at this point.

I think Dr. Paul has done all he can in Louisiana...it's up to us, the grassroots, for the final push. The candidate himself can only do so much.
A prior deadline in 2011 is terrible. They sure play hardball in Louisiana.

Bastiat's The Law
04-27-2012, 12:11 PM
How is your post constructive? Tonight Ron is speaking in Houston and the Louisiana primary is tomorrow. The scrambling is due to both the fact that we ALWAYS need a volunteer push before elections, and that the 'establishment' just pulled a trick putting out a supposedly Romney / Santorum slate reportedly full of peopel on the Romney wagon, some just more recently than others, In other words, no Santorum at this point.

I agree it would have been great to rally people if Ron could have been in Louisiana again, but he has had two swings through there, one fairly recently.
They also did shenanigans in 2008 under a unity slate of sorts. You just have to expect unexpected trickery and subterfuge. Hope everyone is prepared to go to war down there.

sailingaway
04-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Well, we can phone from home here, and I plan to, later today.

http://phone.ronpaul2012.com

Darguth
04-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Let's go Louisiana! In addition to winning the caucuses, is there a way to get Paul supporters to be the 10 delegates bound to Santorum from the Louisiana primary?

Yes, all of Louisiana's RNC delegates will be selected at the state convention which includes the bound delegates from the Primary. So if we win the caucuses and win the State Convention we can get our people in those slots (or even the bound Romney slots) if my understanding is correct.

sailingaway
04-27-2012, 12:17 PM

I was thinking the same thing. It would happen at conventions I presume, if it is doable. But I don't know if they filed an actual slate of delegates for the primary. I tend to doubt it both because Santorum was really bad at that sort of thing, and because they weren't sure what they were going to do about delegates right up to the last minute. So there may be an opening.

Welcome to the forums!

Matt Collins
04-27-2012, 02:04 PM
Has anyone tried contacting Doug Wead? He can sometimes get the message to the right person.I'm in regular contact with Doug.

Shotdown1027
04-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Essentially, it's the Santorum-Gingrich-Romney-Party Boss ticket against the Ron Paul slate. Tough.