PDA

View Full Version : OH-Police spokesman, "Dog killings only happen every month or two."

Anti Federalist
04-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Justifying two more recent dog killings in Ohio.

We know from the "Cisco the dog" shooting that it most certainly is "shoot first, ask questions later".

Controversy Stirs After Dogs Killed By Police

Thursday April 26, 2012 7:22 AM
UPDATED: Thursday April 26, 2012 7:25 AM

http://www.onntv.com/content/stories/2012/04/26/story-dogs-killed.html

TOLEDO, Ohio - Two northwest Ohio police shooting have left two family dogs dead.

Earlier this week, a dog was shot and killed when police entered a home in Fostoria.

A similar situation occurred Tuesday night when police shot and killed a dog while issuing a search warrant.

Police explain that when entering a home where a dog is involved, it is safety first. Sometimes, that means shoot to kill, ONN's affiliate WTOL reported.

"When the entry team, swat team entered the house there wasn't anyone home and there was a pit bull dog inside the house that charged at the entry team and they had to shoot it in order to protect themselves," said Sergeant Joe Heffernan.

The owner of a Fostoria home said that law enforcement shot his dog for no reason. However, police disagree.

"We try to take every measure we can to ensure that we limit any type of incident, including shooting a dog," Heffernan said.

Heffernan added that police have to be careful when animals are involved, because often time dogs can be used as weapons.

In some cases, when the owners are home, they can take the dog away.

"The dog, it's not the dogs fault. The dog is doing what the dog is trained to do, just protecting his home, the dog can't understand that the police are there to serve a warrant. Unfortunately, things like this do occur sometimes. Thankfully, it's not really that often," Heffernan said.

Situations such as these only occur every two months or so, and if the dog is retreating, they do not shoot.

kcchiefs6465
04-26-2012, 03:00 PM
It is getting closer and closer to home. 75 miles away and I haven't heard a damn thing about it. +rep AF.

2young2vote
04-26-2012, 03:05 PM
99.99% of the dogs running towards the police officers would have done nothing but sniff them.

Danke
04-26-2012, 03:10 PM
"Should have been on a leash." -Rael (banned)

phill4paul
04-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Every other month? That all? And to think I was seeing an excessive pattern here. Silly me.

Philhelm
04-26-2012, 03:14 PM
Meh, cop killings only ever happen every month or two.

Meh, I only break the law once every month or two.

Anti Federalist
04-28-2012, 10:42 PM
Bump for another thread.

tod evans
04-29-2012, 02:26 AM
Where did these morons come up with the idea that they can use "entry teams" on drug raids?

This idea of sending armed attack squads into a residence is not good for anyone.....Unless headlines are important.

If public outcry over killed dogs will put an end to this then good!

"Cops" jeopardizing a citizens life and his families life to "serve a warrant" are way out of line.

speciallyblend
04-29-2012, 03:09 AM
police should be treated like they treat dogs, one or 2 a month bye bye. police disgust me/ Police are Terrorists!!

r3volution
04-29-2012, 08:52 PM
if they are on personal property they should use restraint or non lethal , and have a warrant . if they are not , tuff tittys , the dog should have been on a leash . the owner has personal responsibility for there property . why is this so hard ?

azxd
04-29-2012, 09:15 PM
if they are on personal property they should use restraint or non lethal , and have a warrant . if they are not , tuff tittys , the dog should have been on a leash . the owner has personal responsibility for there property . why is this so hard ?Agenda !!!

azxd
04-29-2012, 09:17 PM
I'd shoot a dog that approached me in an aggressive manner, and I'd not blink an eye before, during, or after the fact.

And if my dog did such a thing, and was shot ... I'd bury it, and ask myself why I was stupid and lost control of my property.