PDA

View Full Version : How in the H3LL

palm
04-26-2012, 10:20 AM
How the heck did Romney campaign get my email address? Not even the Paul campaign sends me emails and Romney campaign sent an official email.

This pisses me off big time

http://tinypic.com/?t=postupload

Philhelm
04-26-2012, 10:46 AM
How the heck did Romney campaign get my email address? Not even the Paul campaign sends me emails and Romney campaign sent an official email.

I'd assume that you're registered as a Republican. Does the Republican party have your email address perhaps?

brandon
04-26-2012, 10:51 AM
He's been direct mailing me stuff too.

oyarde
04-26-2012, 11:43 AM
I never get direct mail except state reps , senators , congressmen the only e mail I have ever gotten , is from this site , the only people who have one of my e mail addresses . I am a reg pub , but they have no info on me.

mad cow
04-26-2012, 12:18 PM
I just got a recorded message on my phone from Michele Bachmann where she referred to me 3 times by my first name,not a real common one.
I have never donated any money to her or the RNC.I don't know where she got my name from,but how do they do this?
Does she sit down and record messages to the 200 most common names in the USA and have some computer sort them out somehow?

LibertyRevolution
04-26-2012, 08:04 PM
I get a TON of mail with my name on it from campaigns. I assume they just use the local GOP lists.

On another side this...
I am not sure if it was the meetup or CFL, but they are the only 2 people I gave this email out too.
I never got any spam before, someone sold my email address.. It really pisses me off too..
I had that account for 10 years spam free.. Now I get all kinds of crap..

Tod
04-26-2012, 08:42 PM
same here. I just "unsubscribed".

Origanalist
04-26-2012, 08:47 PM

They're watching you palm, no really, they are.

DamianTV
04-27-2012, 12:44 AM
same here. I just "unsubscribed".

Good job! Now they know you have a vaild email address. Do you think that Romney's campaign managers wont sell your email address to every spammer out there? They are running a SPAM campaign. They do NOT know your email address. They harvest it from other sources. Most likely your Email provider sold it by indirect means to the Romney campaign. Or the Romney campaign, with their Spamvertising was able to flat out GUESS your email. This is how Spam works.

UNSUBSCRIBING TO SPAM DOES NOT WORK.

sailingaway
04-27-2012, 12:49 AM
He's been direct mailing me stuff too.

me too.

I don't open it.

Tinnuhana
04-27-2012, 01:00 AM
If someone is trolling a meet-up, they can get info and sell or provide it to Mitt?
Anyway, I had a friend who hated unwanted solicitations in the snail maile. Whenever one had a postage paid envelope, he'd seal the empty envelope and mail it back, costing the spammers money.

DamianTV
04-27-2012, 01:10 AM
SPAM TUTORIAL 101

Spam contains Pictures. Those pictures can be loaded in your Email client from a Remote Server. They can also Validate your email address and be used to tell whether or not you've even VIEWED the emails. If your Email Client or Webmail has a setting to disable Embedded Graphics, make sure you turn that on, and just DELETE those messages without READING them.

--- Do's and Don'ts of Handling SPAM ---

NEVER REPLY TO AN EMAIL SPAMMER.
NEVER OPEN EMAIL SPAM.
NEVER UNSUBSCRIBE FROM EMAIL SPAM.
NEVER SIGN UP FOR FREE NEWSLETTERS.
NEVER USE A WEB FORM TO EMAIL STUPID SHIT TO YOUR FRIEND.
NEVER OPEN AN UNEXPECTED ATTACHMENT FROM ANYONE, INCLUDING YOUR BEST FRIENDS.
NEVER FORWARD FORWARDED EMAILS TO ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS.

--- Do's List ---

DO USE A DISPOSABLE EMAIL ADDRESS.
DO USE EMAIL FILTERING.
DO REPORT SPAM.
DO TURN OFF VIEW EXTERNAL IMAGES AND CONTENT.
DO USE ENCRYPTION.

I can continue on with this, if anyone is interested...

ryanmkeisling
04-27-2012, 10:11 AM
The government and corporations have huge databases that contain all of your most personal information. They know what brand of paper you wipe your ass with. Privacy is a grand illusion. Money can buy any information....and its all already compiled and correlated. Credit cards, barcodes, and your personal proclivities and habits, feed these massive information systems. The feds have been doing this for a long time:

The above schematic is directly from the DoD website, and has been there since the late 90's. This shit is not just happening but has been going on for a while while everyone is on entertainment overload and to distracted consuming things to care or realize. Welcome to the 21st century, welcome to the machine...stop acting surprised, we have collectively allowed or world to become this way. The romney campaign is hardly to blame...

oyarde
04-27-2012, 11:37 AM
The government and corporations have huge databases that contain all of your most personal information. They know what brand of paper you wipe your ass with. Privacy is a grand illusion. Money can buy any information....and its all already compiled and correlated. Credit cards, barcodes, and your personal proclivities and habits, feed these massive information systems. The feds have been doing this for a long time:

The above schematic is directly from the DoD website, and has been there since the late 90's. This shit is not just happening but has been going on for a while while everyone is on entertainment overload and to distracted consuming things to care or realize. Welcome to the 21st century, welcome to the machine...stop acting surprised, we have collectively allowed or world to become this way. The romney campaign is hardly to blame... I pay cash for toilet paper :)