PDA

View Full Version : My Teaparty 07 Idea

curtisag
11-15-2007, 11:18 AM
I was thinking we should have a huge event, like the Philly rally, to promote and create media buzz on the morning of the tea party. It would be awesome to have it in Boston, so we could actually dump fake dollar bills instead of tea. Instead of littering and throwing them into the harbor, we could dump them in very large fires and burn them up.

This would serve to grab the media's attention on the day of importance, and may lead to an even larger sum of donations if it's covered nationally. The event would have to be huge, even larger than the Philly rally to ensure the media cannot ignore it. What do you guys think?

shepburn
11-15-2007, 11:22 AM
a reenactment/ralley in Boston on the 16th is a great idea!

how do we make this happen?

American
11-15-2007, 11:24 AM
I like it, I've looking for a reason to travel to Boston. Lets do it!!

:)

brumans
11-15-2007, 11:25 AM
If we started setting very large fires in Boston I think the media would call us terrorists.

RonPaulJunkie
11-15-2007, 11:34 AM
I agree, burning anything is a bad idea. It would be much better if it were a positive message. What that message is I'm not sure...

Ron Paul Fan
11-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Brilliant. Just imagine the headlines:

"Ron Paul campaign goes up in flames"

"Ron Paul supporters do their best impression of Nero"

It just isn't a good idea to be going around starting fires all over the city.

jake
11-15-2007, 11:38 AM
horrible, horrible idea (the burning)

shepburn
11-15-2007, 11:41 AM
A true reenactment should be done. These means we throw something into the harbor, not make a fire.

All we need to do is throw in empty wooden crates with "tea" painted on the sides. We could even have strings attached so we can pull the crates back. Then we could keep throwing the same 20 crates over the edge each hour.

How much will it cost to rent the U.S.S Constitution?

curtisag
11-15-2007, 11:47 AM
People could even dress up in old colonial clothing for the rally.

curtisag
11-15-2007, 11:49 AM
The reason I didn't suggest that we throw something into the harbor is because the local people may not like us littering on a grand scale. And it may give us negative publicity.

Ron Paul Fan
11-15-2007, 11:51 AM
The reason I didn't suggest that we throw something into the harbor is because the local people may not like us littering on a grand scale. And it make give us negative publicity.

So you instead chose to suggest that we all become pyromaniacs.

Cindy
11-15-2007, 12:02 PM
Maybe you can print labels that say LiberTea, with ingredients being RP selling points and put them on a ton of Lipton tea boxes and hand them out, also serving LiberTEA from Hot and cold drink dispensers.

The promo can read

Ron Paul Boston Tea Party Ralley Serving up LiberTea!!

(Maybe the media will use that for a head line as well.)

This would be a peaceful act, a pro positive one, and not garner any negative " the radical terrorist are at it again" press.

Just an idea.................

P.S. Dressing up in colonial garb seems to have gotten us some press calling us wierdos on MSNBC. I wouldn't advise, even though I think it's neat.

Sematary
11-15-2007, 12:03 PM
a reenactment/ralley in Boston on the 16th is a great idea!

how do we make this happen?

Contact the Boston meetup. They're already working on something.

gornandez@yahoo.com
11-15-2007, 12:03 PM
this is sortof a neat idea.. but only if police and fire dpt are HEAVILY involved.... I dont know if itd outdraw the philly rally, but id be surprised if Boston meetup wasnt cooking something up......

dollar fires? hell no! bungee crates.... mmaybe.....