PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to give to the RNC?

zHorns
04-26-2012, 06:23 AM
Look at these fine Republican donators!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/578969_10150835259479515_583644514_11552569_116133 2741_n.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd395/omyzach/415360_399551353412604_100000732292788_1317336_214 1319720_o.jpg?t=1335443152

It's time to do our part for the RNC.

kathy88
04-26-2012, 06:32 AM
I have three accounts. I'll send three "donations."

angelatc
04-26-2012, 06:33 AM
Ha Ha Ha! I love it !!!

jkr
04-26-2012, 07:34 AM
ill give them back what they gave us-my middle finger

Frostbyte
04-26-2012, 07:45 AM
As funny as this is, I don't think we should continue portraying ourselves as insulting and boorish. That hurt us a lot this election (browse through some YouTube comments sometime).

jcannon98188
04-26-2012, 07:47 AM
As funny as this is, I don't think we should continue portraying ourselves as insulting and boorish. That hurt us a lot this election (browse through some YouTube comments sometime).
Us being "rude and boorish" has nothing to do with the outcome of this election, that is just an excuse they give. We can be the most well mannered people in the world, but as long as we don't sit down shut up and accept the party line we will always be "rude and boorish" to them.

zHorns
04-26-2012, 07:50 AM

It's a just a few people having a little fun.

We need a good laugh every once and a while.

Carlybee
04-26-2012, 07:55 AM

I think the RNC trying to cheat and change the rules to marginalize RP voters is pretty rude and boorish.

thoughtomator
04-26-2012, 08:02 AM
I think the RNC trying to cheat and change the rules to marginalize RP voters is pretty rude and boorish.

that needs to be repeated

The RNC can't expect to cheat, cheat, cheat, then reconcile once that cheating is successful. If I have no option to vote for on the ballot, I might just vote for Obama just to punish the GOP for their serial malfeasance - electoral corruption of such a magnitude that it arguably does rise to the level of treason against the Republic.

Blue
04-26-2012, 08:14 AM

Yeah, you're right. It was a few YouTube comments that hurt us the most this election cycle. Definitely not the media bias or poor treatment by the RNC. :rolleyes:

Get a sense of humor and then get real, dude.

Frostbyte
04-26-2012, 08:43 AM
Yeah, you're right. It was a few YouTube comments that hurt us the most this election cycle. Definitely not the media bias or poor treatment by the RNC. :rolleyes:

Get a sense of humor and then get real, dude.

When the media portrayal of Ron Paul supporters directly matches the behavior of Ron Paul supporters in the largest online social platforms in the world, that provides enough evidence to deter passive voters. Regardless of whether or not your actions pale in comparison to media bias, you can only solve problems within your realm of influence. You can't change the media bias; you can change your actions.

Let's consider a very simple scenario where a few Ron Paul supporters send in blank checks to the RNC. The RNC receives the checks, collectively roll their eyes, and then delivers a statement to the media about the "crazy, youthful Ron Paul zealots" sending in blank check donations. Would you call that media bias? Let's not give them more wood for the fire.

A sense of humor won't win us the presidency; intelligent, strategic planning followed by action will win us the presidency.

JK/SEA
04-26-2012, 08:50 AM

Really?....after all the black outs that continue, the local in-fighting, and all the other crap Ron has endured and us supporters as well, you really think playing 'nice' at this point is going to get us anywhere?...if you think that, then we can elect you or someone else to be the 'bend over, here it comes' representative...make sure you keep smiling as they stick it to you.

brandon
04-26-2012, 08:54 AM
lol this is brilliant

Original_Intent
04-26-2012, 09:00 AM
I always look forward to getting their "push poll" questionaires asking for money. I usually fill them out, not shoosing any of their "obvious" answers and writing in detail what I think about the crap they pull. And then when it gets to the donation part, I usually do similar to the above. Probably never gets read, but it does give me some satisfaction.

azxd
04-26-2012, 09:07 AM
Funny

drummergirl
04-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Stooping to their level doesn't help our cause. If there is mud slinging and in fighting, outsiders won't know or care who started it; it will only feed the perception that RPers are immature and rash.

On the other hand, standing with grace and dignity in the face of abuse and mistreatment demonstrates the measure of one's character. That's what Dr. Paul does again and again. It's an example we'd be wise to follow.

Really?....after all the black outs that continue, the local in-fighting, and all the other crap Ron has endured and us supporters as well, you really think playing 'nice' at this point is going to get us anywhere?...if you think that, then we can elect you or someone else to be the 'bend over, here it comes' representative...make sure you keep smiling as they stick it to you.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-26-2012, 09:26 AM
I approve of this message.

I will NEVER donate anything to the RNC until they're willing to hold fair elections and caucuses. (not holding my breath.)

sailingaway
04-26-2012, 09:29 AM

I agree we shouldn't portray ourselves as insulting and boorish (I question the 'continue to' part). But this is merely saying pointedly that forcing Romney down people's throats, which is argued as a way to CONTINUE funding to the RNC, has consequences. I'm not going to do it, but I don't see any harm in it.

Kevin_Kennedy
04-26-2012, 09:29 AM
No chance whatsoever.

angelatc
04-26-2012, 09:31 AM

Console yourself with the fact that the TEA Party does the same thing.

sailingaway
When the media portrayal of Ron Paul supporters directly matches the behavior of Ron Paul supporters in the largest online social platforms in the world, that provides enough evidence to deter passive voters. Regardless of whether or not your actions pale in comparison to media bias, you can only solve problems within your realm of influence. You can't change the media bias; you can change your actions.

Let's consider a very simple scenario where a few Ron Paul supporters send in blank checks to the RNC. The RNC receives the checks, collectively roll their eyes, and then delivers a statement to the media about the "crazy, youthful Ron Paul zealots" sending in blank check donations. Would you call that media bias? Let's not give them more wood for the fire.

A sense of humor won't win us the presidency; intelligent, strategic planning followed by action will win us the presidency.

social platforms are easy to manipulate by ANTI Paul people, like that fake Huntsman ad. I constantly saw obvious 'troll posts' by fake Ron Paul supporters, we even uncovered a nest of them on facebook planning to dress up as KKK and pretend to be Ron Paul supporters. We can't be held accountable by any honest person for what some random troll posts on the internet.

JK/SEA
Stooping to their level doesn't help our cause. If there is mud slinging and in fighting, outsiders won't know or care who started it; it will only feed the perception that RPers are immature and rash.

On the other hand, standing with grace and dignity in the face of abuse and mistreatment demonstrates the measure of one's character. That's what Dr. Paul does again and again. It's an example we'd be wise to follow.

Perhaps you need to 'brush-up' on the history of the Revolutionary War, and take note of all the incidents that ocurred in the run-up to the first shots being fired. Are you saying that the early Patriots should have 'played' nicer to the British, and that if they had many lives would have been spared?....take a look around. We're not in Kansas anymore. I think shit is about to get real, and i for one will not just roll over because somebody has a soft white underbelly and feels the need to marginalize whats going on.. Be my guest though. I believe in free will.

azxd
04-26-2012, 09:33 AM

On the other hand, standing with grace and dignity in the face of abuse and mistreatment demonstrates the measure of one's character. That's what Dr. Paul does again and again. It's an example we'd be wise to follow.Stated with excellence !!!

azxd
04-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Perhaps you need to 'brush-up' on the history of the Revolutionary War, and take note of all the incidents that ocurred in the run-up to the first shots being fired. Are you saying that the early Patriots should have 'played' nicer to the British, and that if they had many lives would have been spared?....take a look around. We're not in Kansas anymore. I think shit is about to get real, and i for one will not just roll over because somebody has a soft white underbelly and feels the need to marginalize whats going on.. Be my guest though. I believe in free will.When you decide to assault the Whitehouse, guns blazing, let us know ... It's not that kind of Revolution ... Yet ;)

Paulistinian
04-26-2012, 09:46 AM
RNC called me asking for money and I gave them a 10 minute gripe about giving all my money Ron Paul and I won't give one red cent to the RNC until they start advocating candidates that intend to shrink the government. Not Romney!!

JK/SEA
04-26-2012, 09:48 AM
When you decide to assault the Whitehouse, guns blazing, let us know ... It's not that kind of Revolution ... Yet ;)

Yes, and i think we're talking about a very minor 'slap' in the face to the RNC, and we have people in this thread who think sending in fake checks is a very very horrible and disgusting thing to do. Get real. Ron has said himself that civil disobedience is sometime required, but thats not what this is. Its sending in fake checks to piss off...idiots at the RNC.....assaulting the White House and sending in fake checks is not really the same thing...is it?...damn...grow up.

azxd
04-26-2012, 09:53 AM
RNC called me asking for money and I gave them a 10 minute gripe about giving all my money Ron Paul and I won't give one red cent to the RNC until they start advocating candidates that intend to shrink the government. Not Romney!!LOL
They called me last year, asking for money, and I told them "After what you just did (sorry can't remember which thing they voted for) I was considering changing my registration to the Democratic Party" ... They haven't called me since :)

azxd
04-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Yes, and i think we're talking about a very minor 'slap' in the face to the RNC, and we have people in this thread who think sending in fake checks is a very very horrible and disgusting thing to do. Get real. Ron has said himself that civil disobedience is sometime required, but thats not what this is. Its sending in fake checks to piss off...idiots at the RNC.....assaulting the White House and sending in fake checks is not really the same thing...is it?...damn...grow up.And stop taking everything to heart ;)

BKom
04-26-2012, 09:54 AM
I donate to Republican candidates who I think are good candidates. But giving to the state or county party, or the RNC, is like giving those people money to buy a stick to beat me with. I will never give them money. Bush followed by Dole followed by Bush twice, followed by McCain, then Romney? What exactly would I be saying if I donated to people who gave me those choices? "Please go out and buy that huge, thorny branch, and brain me with it." No thanks.

Ivash
04-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Yeah, this isn't really a big deal. My bet is the RNC gets stuff like this all the time from a bunch of different people.

IDefendThePlatform
04-26-2012, 09:59 AM
The RNC sent me a "platform survey" saying I had been selected to participate. Of course it was a donation request form at the end of the survey. I just filled out the survey part (Do you think Obama is terrible? yes/no), left the donation blank and in the comments wrote "The only Republicans I currently support are Ron Paul, Rand Paul and Justin Amash"

Could've mentioned Thomas Massie but he isn't in congress yet.

ctiger2
04-26-2012, 10:54 AM
A BIG FAT NO. Unless Paultards take over the RNC, then YES!

Frostbyte
04-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Yes, and i think we're talking about a very minor 'slap' in the face to the RNC, and we have people in this thread who think sending in fake checks is a very very horrible and disgusting thing to do. Get real. Ron has said himself that civil disobedience is sometime required, but thats not what this is. Its sending in fake checks to piss off...idiots at the RNC.....assaulting the White House and sending in fake checks is not really the same thing...is it?...damn...grow up.

If you're referring to my posts as indicating that sending in fake checks is "very very horrible and disgusting," then I have to respectfully disagree. If I remember correctly, I described such actions as "boorish" and "insulting," and not as "very very horrible" and "disgusting." Not sure how you made the connection between assaulting the Whitehouse and sending in fake checks; aside from other posters responding to you, you are the only one to have mentioned assaulting the Whitehouse.

My posts had one, simple point: we need to carry ourselves professionally, not amateurishly.

puppetmaster
04-26-2012, 12:57 PM
The leaders of the RNC are cool with obama being elected.....they have to be replaced.

JK/SEA
04-26-2012, 12:59 PM

The RNC can't expect to cheat, cheat, cheat, then reconcile once that cheating is successful. If I have no option to vote for on the ballot, I might just vote for Obama just to punish the GOP for their serial malfeasance - electoral corruption of such a magnitude that it arguably does rise to the level of treason against the Republic.

i'm there with ya, unless Ron goes for 3rd...end result might be the same, but at least either way the GOP gets their ass handed to them....again.

JK/SEA
04-26-2012, 01:03 PM
If you're referring to my posts as indicating that sending in fake checks is "very very horrible and disgusting," then I have to respectfully disagree. If I remember correctly, I described such actions as "boorish" and "insulting," and not as "very very horrible" and "disgusting." Not sure how you made the connection between assaulting the Whitehouse and sending in fake checks; aside from other posters responding to you, you are the only one to have mentioned assaulting the Whitehouse.

My posts had one, simple point: we need to carry ourselves professionally, not amateurishly.

see post #24.

as to the rest of your babbling...no comment.

Carlybee
04-26-2012, 01:04 PM

I have no intention of voting for Obama. I will write in Ron Paul and I will write in every liberty candidate I can think of if they aren't on the ballot. I'm not empowering the Dems or the Repubs.

Kluge
04-26-2012, 01:14 PM

Didn't see Ron Paul's name anywhere on those checks. Lighten up, I think it's hilarious.

Keith and stuff
04-26-2012, 01:17 PM

Of course you are correct but many Ron Paul supporters like to be rude. That's just how they are. I don't think they are going to change and become all proper, respectful and respected no matter how much people point out their negative tactics.

Frostbyte
04-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Didn't see Ron Paul's name anywhere on those checks.

Touche!

JK/SEA
04-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Of course you are correct but many Ron Paul supporters like to be rude. That's just how they are. I don't think they are going to change and become all proper, respectful and respected no matter how much people point out their negative tactics.

and yet, here you are being all negative and disrespectful of Ron Paul supporters/activists...its called...irony.

Keith and stuff
04-26-2012, 01:26 PM
and yet, here you are being all negative and disrespectful of Ron Paul supporters/activists...its called...irony.

I wasn't being rude or disrespectful. However, what I wasn't doing wasn't in the same sphere or what we were talking about.

There is a big difference in giving not 100% politically correct constructive feedback to people you know and have worked with for years, and being rude to people you don't know and haven't worked with.

For example, if I ask a Ron Paul supporter at an event to please stop yelling Hi to everyone that is within 10 feet of him, that's good behavior. If I start yelling at people that come within in 10 feet of me at an event, that is bad behavior.

I really don't understand why you commented the way you did. If you were offended, I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to offend anyone. I was trying to make the Ron Paul supporter feel better. I was trying to help my people, not hurt my people (which is what the poster was talking about.)

JK/SEA
04-26-2012, 01:32 PM
I wasn't being rude or disrespectful.

i think i explained myself quite well in post #12.

so there are some who disagree with me...thats fine.

azxd
04-26-2012, 01:41 PM
see post #24.

as to the rest of your babbling...no comment.Lighten up ... See post #28

drummergirl
04-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Perhaps you need to 'brush-up' on the history of the Revolutionary War, and take note of all the incidents that ocurred in the run-up to the first shots being fired. Are you saying that the early Patriots should have 'played' nicer to the British, and that if they had many lives would have been spared?....take a look around. We're not in Kansas anymore. I think shit is about to get real, and i for one will not just roll over because somebody has a soft white underbelly and feels the need to marginalize whats going on.. Be my guest though. I believe in free will.

In no way am I suggesting that we roll over and play dead. On the contrary, we need to hold their feet to the fire. Every time a rule is broken, it needs to be exposed and pursued. Every time a law is broken, we need to make a criminal complaint and publicize the issue until the prosecutors do their jobs.

Frankly, it's frustrating to me that we can hardly get a single soul from Tuesday's primaries (Except kathy88) to go to their county election office and get the precinct tapes from their primary.

Why spend your time pulling snarky little pranks when you could actually do something meaningful?

fisharmor
04-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Here's what I have to give to the RNC:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-y8FcpzvjilI/Txht-Pt3xTI/AAAAAAAABRM/6hvDul7CwQg/s1600/flip-the-bird-thumb8408179.jpg

Carlybee
04-26-2012, 02:09 PM

I would wager there are way more rude neocons and tea partiers. Most RP people i know go out of their way to be reasonable.

jay_dub
04-26-2012, 02:20 PM
or...of you don't want to send the RNC 'nothing', make the check out for 1 vote for Barak Obama ('cause you earned it, RNC) and sign it "Former Republican".

Keith and stuff
04-26-2012, 02:35 PM
I would wager there are way more rude neocons and tea partiers. Most RP people i know go out of their way to be reasonable.

I agree that there are also rude neocons, tea partiers and so on. There is plenty of rudeness to go around. However, if you are trying to move up the GOP ladder, or most ladders, it helps to be polite and respectful. Lots of people have no clue when it comes to manners 101. That's great for us. If we learn manners and act respectful, we have a leg up. I want my people to have a reputation as being above the fray. I want others to look to my people as an explain of what to do. Lots of us in NH work hard to teach political activists to be polite. It is part of the famous Don Gorman School of Politics.

JK/SEA
04-26-2012, 02:46 PM
I agree that there are also rude neocons, tea partiers and so on. There is plenty of rudeness to go around. However, if you are trying to move up the GOP ladder, or most ladders, it helps to be polite and respectful. Lots of people have no clue when it comes to manners 101. That's great for us. If we learn manners and act respectful, we have a leg up. I want my people to have a reputation as being above the fray. I want others to look to my people as an explain of what to do. Lots of us in NH work hard to teach political activists to be polite. It is part of the famous Don Gorman School of Politics.

I approve of snowballs, fake checks and booing. I also approve of becoming a Delegate, a local liberty candidate, sending money, and making signs. I wish i could still be a delegate, but the santorum/paul strategy knocked me out, so now i'm relegated to sending money, throwing snowballs, and sending fake checks, and making snarky comments on forums about Lori Sotelo....what a long strange trip its been. I wish i could be like you.......but i'm not...i'm me...i'm like all of you....lol

Carlybee
04-26-2012, 02:50 PM
I approve of snowballs, fake checks and booing. I also approve of becoming a Delegate, a local liberty candidate, sending money, and making signs. I wish i could still be a delegate, but the santorum/paul strategy knocked me out, so now i'm relegated to sending money, throwing snowballs, and sending fake checks, and making snarky comments on forums about Lori Sotelo....what a long strange trip its been. I wish i could be like you.......but i'm not...i'm me...i'm like all of you....lol

Same here. Acquiescence has a funny smell..it doesnt smell like Revolution.

TheGrinch
04-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Man, if any outside observers needed proof that this is not a "pro-pot" movement, take a look in this thread... Some of you could stand to light one up and relax.

I understand it's human nature to want to find blame for shortcomings, but jeebus, be kind and respectful to everyone here fighting the good fight as best as they know how...

jbauer
04-26-2012, 03:08 PM
I know we're not keeping score here, but what gives you the impersion that those checks were sent in by Paul supporters? The RNC has disenfarnchised (sp?0 pretty much everyone with Romney. We just happen to be one of the many parts $hit on throughout this cycle.

tremendoustie
04-26-2012, 04:00 PM
I think this is hillarious, and I heartily approve. The people destroying basic freedoms in this country deserve a good sight worse than zero'd checks. I don't think it's terribly controversial. It's a simple protest. People send letters back, to causes they have obections to, all the time. "I'd support you if you did XYZ", or "I won't support you because of XYZ".

eleganz
04-26-2012, 05:34 PM
hell fucking no, RON PAUL ALL THE WAY.

If you agree with me.

www.phone.ronpaul2012.com

Drex
04-26-2012, 06:07 PM
Could I send an envelope to RNC with 1 cent inside? Funny thing would be I would spend more on postage ;)

angelatc
04-26-2012, 06:22 PM
Why spend your time pulling snarky little pranks when you could actually do something meaningful?

All work and no play burns people out. Did you know that a young Karl Rove once joined the DNC, worked his way up the ranks in a matter of months, then invited a bunch of homeless people to a free buffet that also just happened to be a big fundraiser in an upscale Chicago hotel?

Or that Barry Goldwater once took the batteries out of a megaphone so a political opponent couldn't address the crowd?

Or the group of "nuns" that appeared at the RNC convention?

All this stuff goes with the territory.

Kluge
04-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Could I send an envelope to RNC with 1 cent inside? Funny thing would be I would spend more on postage ;)

The nice thing about those RNC "surveys" is that they often have a postage-paid envelope inside. :)

XTreat
04-26-2012, 07:04 PM
I made a similar donation to the SC GOP

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m115/sgttreat/420443_10150690077623454_658418453_10997566_161109 0662_n.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m115/sgttreat/395966_10150690077438454_658418453_10997565_690421 159_n.jpg

alucard13mmfmj
04-26-2012, 07:08 PM
I rather donate to Obama than to the NRC to be honest.. I want to make sure Romney loses in the event he becomes the nominee. If Romney loses.. then we can have a fresh start in 2016. If Romney wins for some odd reason.. we might have to wait until 2020 until we can get a pro-USA president.